• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Clint Dempsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddha

Very Well-Known
He's a likely target, no? Scored a bucket load of goals last season in an inconsistent side and has improved year on year since in England.

Came across this earlier (goals from last season) and somewhat surprised me. Good movement, first touch and finishes with aplomb. He'll never be a edge of seat player, but I'd rather us buy a Dempsey than a Ba.

1 year left on his contract aswell. A bit meh tbh, you just know he'll be shite if we sign him.

He's too old.

Yep. 29 is the age when a footballer can no longer run.

As for Demsey, good player no doubt about it. Can finish, he's strong, he's a team player and he can link the play well.

As a squad man, i'd be more than happy to have him but not as a regular starter.

OK, I give up, why are there so many thread on Dempsey?

There were a lot less threads about Rivaldo when we tried to sign him and he was world class.

Quite versatile, has played in wide position before.

But had his best seasons with Fulham when he was playing up front, or in a free role. We can do better with the 9-15 million it will cost to buy him (Fulham aren't looking to sell).

But had his best seasons with Fulham when he was playing up front, or in a free role. We can do better with the 9-15 million it will cost to buy him (Fulham aren't looking to sell).

If we buy him, I expect him to be a squad player like Maxi or Kuyt. But for 9-15 million, I'll pass.

Hasn't he a year left on his contract? I can't see Fulham not selling.

Hasn't he a year left on his contract? I can't see Fulham not selling.

Just because a player has a year left on his contract, doesn't mean he comes 'cheap' (relative I know) ... especially when you're talking about us either buying or selling! 🙁

If we buy him, I expect him to be a squad player like Maxi or Kuyt. But for 9-15 million, I'll pass.

Would be interesting to see if he wants to go from being a guaranteed starter to a squad player ... I can't see it - especially as he's coming off such a good year.

He's another "good play in a shit team" if you ask me. Like Adam, Downing and Henderson were. I think we should be aiming a little higher than Dempsey.

I think we will be keeping either Aqua or Cole.. So this ain't happening..

Wouldn't surprise me if its Aqua... Cole needs to be sold imho..

He's brave - not a quality we've had in abundance in recent seasons - and combative. I wouldn't mind him for those reasons, but only if he's available on the cheap.

I really wanted us to sign him after the 2006 world cup where he really showed his quality against Italy, I still think he would be a good buy, but I just worry about his age.

He's brave - not a quality we've had in abundance in recent seasons - and combative. I wouldn't mind him for those reasons, but only if he's available on the cheap.

That's how I feel, but he would have to be cheap cheap, not just cheap.

I'd loathe paying more than 4m,especially when we could get squaddies for cheaper and a need for first teamers where the money could be spent

Why look to "squaddies" when we need new players in the starting line up?
Priorities people, damn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom