• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s more complex / fluid / non linear than you seem to think. If he makes himself available then klopp’s right enough to go with that presuming he’s trained ok.
We need players who are 100% focus and ready to play, no matter what your body or mind tells you....you simply cannot be in that state knowing a close family members life is in the hands of armed men.

At the end of the day, Sunday afternoon is just another football game.

If Diaz wants to be involved let him be involved, some people want to dive into their work or any distraction to take their minds of whatever tragic shit is going on in their lives.

I know when my dad died my work expected me to be off for a few weeks but i was back after 3 days because i didn’t want to mope around the house thinking of things that would upset me even more. It worked for me, not quite the same level of stress as what Diaz is facing but maybe if he has assurances his dad is well and it’s a waiting game then playing might be a nice distraction.

If Diaz wants to be involved let him be involved, some people want to dive into their work or any distraction to take their minds of whatever tragic shit is going on in their lives.

I know when my dad died my work expected me to be off for a few weeks but i was back after 3 days because i didn’t want to mope around the house thinking of things that would upset me even more. It worked for me, not quite the same level of stress as what Diaz is facing but maybe if he has assurances his dad is well and it’s a waiting game then playing might be a nice distraction.

When Titi Camara's dad died he played a blinder v West Ham and scored the winner as we had no other strikers available the absolute legend.

When I lost my Dad, the sales director pulled me in and letting me know that I had only 1 day grieving leave and didn't even bother ask what holiday I had left. Subsequently I left the company and the company sacked the cunt two years later

Never a nice thing to deal with - but people process loss, trauma, etc differently - sone do want to throw themselves into work and be productive rather than sit around stressing.

There’s no right answer - if he feels up to playing and Klopp thinks he’s in the right mindset - the play him - ur there should be absolutely no pressure on him.

Never a nice thing to deal with - but people process loss, trauma, etc differently - sone do want to throw themselves into work and be productive rather than sit around stressing.

There’s no right answer - if he feels up to playing and Klopp thinks he’s in the right mindset - the play him - ur there should be absolutely no pressure on him.

That's the key IMO. Klopp needs to see what state of mind Lucho's in and make his own mind up based on that.

When I lost my Dad, the sales director pulled me in and letting me know that I had only 1 day grieving leave and didn't even bother ask what holiday I had left. Subsequently I left the company and the company sacked the cunt two years later
Sounds like they acted swiftly on his behaviour.

good for you, it’s not too late to post him a flaming bag of dog shit though
Don't know why I said two years it was like less than a year. Him getting sacked was vindication enough... I started working for the company when it had less than 20 people to one point reaching 120, he wanted to change it from a family atmosphere to corporate one so he head hunted a sales manager from BG.

Of course I'm made up for him but I don't feel any differently to before and I find it a damn shame on the rest of the squad we needed to use him to salvage some pride.

I stick with my opinions and principles, I don't think he should've been part of the squad today or until his father has been returned safe and sound.

I'm glad Diaz disagrees with you, as it was entirely up to him.
And most qualified psychologists may disagree with him. They'll tell you to put your mental well being first and ask what a football game does for that when you're still going through a traumatic experience.

And most qualified psychologists may disagree with him. They'll tell you to put your mental well being first and ask what a football game does for that when you're still going through a traumatic experience.
That’s a confused statement though. For more than you’d imagine, there is a healthy ‘split’ to be had between moments of trauma / grief and the focus of everyday life, so that they’re not mutually exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom