• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

England Vs South Africa - Cricket Tour 2012

Is he just being rested for this series mate?

Yah he's defo being rested. I don't really know if it's because we took you guys too lightly, or he didn't want to play or it was Kirsten's decision. I'd rather keep him for tests tbh - I don't think he should be playing ODIs (unless world cup) or T20 that much anymore.

Kallis has been about to give up bowling for at least the last 10 years! :D

Most great athletes are like that ... and as he's one of the greatest all-rounders of all time, I expect he'll be talking about 'giving up bowling' a few minutes before his retirement speech!

It's a good batting wicket too. If the bowlers can save England's bacon (sorry LTW) they deserve a bonus!

based on your review of Elgar, I could say that about a few of the English players too ... He's still starting off - give him some time to settle in.

England to win by 50+ runs.

I don't know if Kirsten is experimenting here - but I really don't think he's done a good job with the ODI team. You're playing the best team in the world - you give them your best, not experiments.

Actually a no result ...

Re Amla hard to find someone in finer form. I have always thought he is top class.

My gramps is visiting - he was telling me about Amla, "I remember him coming up with Natal (I'm not sure if this is right - probably is, but his memory isn't what it is) and I thought, this lad is a different class." I used to watch Jonty, Kepler, Hudson, Cronje etc with him ... I miss those days - weren't as good, but bloody hell we were entertaining!

Back
Top Bottom