• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Euro 2016 - Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellaini looks more like Sideshow bob every day.

The Belgian lineup is weird – absolutely loaded with talent, but who do they play in the #10 role? Fellaini, of course! And the manager breaks up the CB partnership of Vertonghen-Alderweireld to play Vermaelen, who started something like 5 games in the last 2 seasons.
Yeah, odd playing Vertonghen at left back and Fellaini at #10. That midfield has three bruisers - lacks guile.

They should get Tielemans and Praet involved in the senior side as soon as possible. They're exactly the sort of midfielders that would supplement the likes of Witsel and Nainggolan.

The Italian team on the other hand looks utterly bereft of talent. I don't think I know any of these cunts. What happenes to the likes of Insigne, Berardi and El Shaarawy?

Even immobile would have been a better option than eder and pelle.

Heck even okaka.

Italians look very well-drilled – impressively synchronized movement without the ball.

Think Italy have been quite in control.
The last ten minutes Belgium have had a fair bit of the ball & are forcing Italy into uncharacteristic mistakes too.

That said the italians are clearly trying to play without chasing the ball constantly & do look in control much of the time.

Yep, I agree. They are not really fighting for possession, but simply containing the Belgians' passing and trying to find a weakness on the counter.
It's a good strategy against this Belgian line-up as they're pretty agricultural through the middle. Lukaku up front also has a poor touch and is unable to bring others into play. Their two most creative players are isolated out wide.

If Belgium want any joy, they need to either play with Origi up top, or sacrifice one of the midfielders and move De Bruyne to a central position.

Good goal.

Personally I would have hit it first time with my left, instead of being all gay and controlling it like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom