• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fabio Borini

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want him to do well and there are some positives but share dmish's concerns regarding his touch.

Borini is an ace finisher. Nothing flashy but get the goals. Injuries have slowed his progress a bit but the lad needs playing time to sharpen up. He gets the job done.

Borini is young and will no doubt improve. BR has worked with him and seen enough in him to have faith.

His touch on the ball is pretty poor. I don't know of many attacking players who're successful at the top with that poor a touch.

Other than that, he's barely shown us anything yet.

It's average at worst, there are plenty of successful attackers with a poorer touch.

He works his nuts off and desperately cares that we win and he plays well. He's young and had two horrendous injuries last season. I don't think he'll ever be a world beater, but he is better than some of the bench boys we've relied on over the past few years up front.

I like his beautiful smile.
And his tousseled locks.

When we signed him from Chavski a number of their fans were sorry to see him go. I'm still hoping they were right.

When we signed him from Chavski a number of their fans were sorry to see him go. I'm still hoping they were right.
We didn't sign him from chavski, but you are right. The handful I've spoken to all were a bit disappointed to have lost him to roma

We didn't sign him from chavski, but you are right. The handful I've spoken to all were a bit disappointed to have lost him to roma

You're right - I misremembered. When we bought him I saw some quotes from a Chav fansite which regretted the fact that we'd now got him instead of them.

It was a bit of a surprise for me this summer when I saw him playing for Italy U21s. For some reason I keep thinking he's in or close to his mid 20s.
He's still very very young. A little more confidence with his shots on goal and he could turn out to be a very good forward for us. He makes all the right runs into the box to make life easier for our other attackers and I love his workrate. Just needs to get a few goals early in the season to kick things off for him.

Don't know how many games he'll play because of all the attackers we're linked with but hope he gets some games.

“Am I looking to move abroad? People need to think more about my situation,” he says. “In Italy people give more time to foreigners than they do to youngsters.

“I feel really good in England.”

Of his first season at Liverpool, Borini admits: “It’s been hard. When I hurt my shoulder, they said my season could be over. But I fought back as I really needed to come back earlier.

“I took the minimum possible to get back training which was eight weeks instead of 12. Some people probably didn’t think I could make it but I fought back.

The goal (against Newcastle) was also for the manager, the staff and my teammates because it has been hard for me but I wanted to thank them for the work they had done with me.”

He is hard not to like isn't he?

I certainly do, at least his attitude and sheer will to do well.

The diametrical opposite to one Aquilani one might say?

That second goal was great, showed great speed and movement, lovely finish to. What position was he playing for the U21's?

We need to find a suitable role in the team for him and he needs to stay fit to play that role consistently. If we do and he does, he could yet turn out to be a big asset for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom