• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Fulham (a) - EFL Semi Second Leg - Weds 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm not one of your better ratings IMHO. Though roughly agree with the defence.

Kelleher 6
Bradley 7
Quansah 8
Virgil 8.5
Gomez 8

Mac 7.5
Harvey 8
Grav 7

Gakpo 6.5
Nunez 7.5
Diaz 7.5

Covid fucked my sense of smell so your threat falls flat.
Harvey better than Diaz. Are you sure you’re ok? Are those ratings based on work rates only?

Harvey better than Diaz. Are you sure you’re ok?
I agree Harvey wasn't better than Diaz....but I also don't get the Diaz love?

He did his usual "gets the ball, takes on a man, shoots/misplaces a pass". His decision making is consistently worse than Darwin's on a bad day.

Last night he scored and put in work rate. I didn't think he was very good otherwise and broke down a decent amount of chances

If I was more cynical, I'd say Bayern had our Kecks down
He‘s already shaping up and you can see there’s talent in him but the contrast between him and Curtis (and Elliott) is stark. They have been drilled by Klopp and the coaches into machines that know what to do, where to be when not in possession. Gravenberch looks like a lost lamb without the ball

He did his usual "gets the ball, takes on a man, shoots/misplaces a pass". His decision making is consistently worse than Darwin's on a bad day.

Last night he scored and put in work rate. I didn't think he was very good otherwise and broke down a decent amount of chances
Subbing off Nunez took our threat away and allowed Fulham to get back into it

Set up the chance for Nunez when he had his shot saved after carrying the ball up the pitch from LB. Set up a chance for Gakpo after going pass his man down the outside and his initiative flick went over the bar. Probably should’ve scored another when Grav slipped him in but he supported our attack very well lat night. Depends how much you value work rate, there was almost nothing coming down our left side for them, there was a moment when he dived in with a sliding tackle to intercept a pass he had no right to get to.

It’s not really anything to do with showing love and raving as if he’s the best LW itw or anything like that, just acknowledging when someone’s has a very good game….especially far better than Harvey who on the ball was pretty average.

Subbing off Nunez took our threat away and allowed Fulham to get back into it
Agree. Nunez is consistently our only out ball as he's strong enough to hold people off, as well as being quick enough.

Set up the chance for Nunez when he had his shot saved after carrying the ball up the pitch from LB. Set up a chance for Gakpo after going pass his man down the outside and his initiative flick went over the bar. Probably should’ve scored another when Grav slipped him in but he supported our attack very well lat night. Depends how much you value work rate, there was almost nothing coming down our left side for them, there was a moment when he dived in with a sliding tackle to intercept a pass he had no right to get to.

It’s not really anything to do with showing love and raving as if he’s the best LW itw or anything like that, just acknowledging when someone’s has a very good game….especially far better than Harvey who on the ball was pretty average.

Agree him being better than Harvey. Disagree that he was very good.

The gakpo chance was a half chance (arguably down to the decision making). The Nunez one was just a strong counter and the bare minimum I'd expect.

They didn't really attack down our left because 1) it's our stronger side due to joemez 2) it's their weaker attacking side.

Agree him being better than Harvey. Disagree that he was very good.

The gakpo chance was a half chance (arguably down to the decision making). The Nunez one was just a strong counter and the bare minimum I'd expect.

They didn't really attack down our left because 1) it's our stronger side due to joemez 2) it's their weaker attacking side.
Well if you’re expecting him to turn into half Neymar half Ronaldinho and 10/10 performances every week, braces and a hattrick of assists, then I’m not surprised why you’re underwhelmed most the time. We’re in 1 of the best positions any club can find themselves in at this point of the season yet it’s like we’re constantly picking out faults and what needs improving than actually celebrating and being happy we’re in a final and in a title charge.

Last edited:
Well if you’re expecting him to turn into half Neymar half Ronaldinho and 10/10 performances every week, braces and a hattrick of assists, then I’m not surprised why you’re underwhelmed most the time. We’re in 1 of the best positions any club can find themselves in at this point of the season yet it’s like we’re constantly picking out faults and what needs improving than actually celebrating and being happy we’re in a final and in a title charge.

There's a difference between expecting him to be ronaldinho and expecting him to be a bit better than benayoun

He's massively regressed since he's been here.

There's a difference between expecting him to be ronaldinho and expecting him to be a bit better than benayoun

He's massively regressed since he's been here.
As long as he continues to help us get the points we need and get us through the next stage in the cups, I can't say I'll care too much who he ends up being better than or how much he's regressed lardy la.

If I was more cynical, I'd say Bayern had our Kecks down

Don’t get the Gravy hate - again he’s a young lad trying to settle in - he’s been alright, but he’s not been awful - I think it’s more about being out of form rather than lacking ability - his work rate’s good, he’s getting into good positions but, like Harvey, the end product isn’t there yet.

Given we’ve been used to relying on wastrels like Kieta, I’m quite happy with what we’ve got him - he gets at least another year from me before I start to worry.

I was left scratching my head as well. I mean, he wasn't bad but the words used in the studio is "terrific". Nope.

Nunez has been consistently the more dangerous player, across many games, even yesterday I thought he was better than Diaz.

Ruby_Rhod.jpg
Sturridge working for Sky in the 25/26 season:

Don’t get the Gravy hate - again he’s a young lad trying to settle in - he’s been alright, but he’s not been awful - I think it’s more about being out of form rather than lacking ability - his work rate’s good, he’s getting into good positions but, like Harvey, the end product isn’t there yet.

Given we’ve been used to relying on wastrels like Kieta, I’m quite happy with what we’ve got him - he gets at least another year from me before I start to worry.

I'm just not seeing it. He seems on a completely different wavelength to everyone so far. I've not seen anything creative, passing, defensive etc that make some think it'll just click with him. He's good at running with the ball, but generally from a deep area.

Obviously I'm not writing him off, and I completely agree that he's still adapting. Im just not seeing the glimmers of hope to make me think he'll turn in to anything more than a run of the mill, 5th choice basic mid.

I was left scratching my head as well. I mean, he wasn't bad but the words used in the studio is "terrific". Nope.

Nunez has been consistently the more dangerous player, across many games, even yesterday I thought he was better than Diaz.
Nunez had a quiet game for him, and even then he was still our most dangerous outlet

Gravenberch was very good last night. Easy to forget that he comes from a year at Bayern were he didnt play anything, and add to that he has to adapt to the way Klopp wants us to play. You could see signs yesterday about what he can add. Ball carrying, those turns in small spaces, great passing abiltiy, ball rention, recoveries (most last night if I remember correctly).
He was a fucking star at Ajax and has insane potential. Just be patient.

Despite of that I don't see Harvey ever getting ahead of players like Szobo, Graven, McA, Curtis who are not that much older as well. He is limited by his stature, his running power, his shooting etc. Basically, Harvey isn't great at anything. He is good in many things but there is a ceiling I suspect he will never break.

And we have seen him playing for a number of years now, unlike Q or Conor.
Yes and that's the problem that I fear will stick with him. You can't really see him in the England senior team can you ahead of some of his age group. He is a complicated guy to fit into the team, but definitely has had big moments this season, but you can say from the above that he can match Szobo in terms of providing that energy in the team, which I feel is very lacking in someone like Gravenberch.

Harvey better than Diaz. Are you sure you’re ok? Are those ratings based on work rates only?
Diaz put in a good performance but his goal was a bit lucky and he had other chances he fluffed (to either score or put in someone else). Elliott was instrumental in our press winning back so much possession. So not flash but definitely an important factor in our being so comfortable most of the night.

Even before I saw the stats I thought Grav stamped his mark on the game yes, and he set up a few chances for Diaz who didn't make the most of the opportunities.

Sorry that is not good enough
84 mins
2 chances created I would ecpect that if he was a goal keeper, and would agree that Allison creates more chances in a game, come on back Lucus...
89% pass accuracy I'll give him that, but it should not be hard to achieve
5 interceptions again not hard to do
6 ball recoveries...? what does that even mean.. Is he competing with the ball boys around the pitch..?
2 clearances... Does not nearly everyone on the pitch do that..?
5/8 ground duels won... He only had 8 battles for the ball in all the time that he was on the pitch, and then won 5 of them..Please

You can make stats mean what you want but it is hard to make these stats show that Graven' hard a impact on the game let allone claim that he stamped his mark on the game
Sorry @binomial just don't see it

84 mins
2 chances created I would ecpect that if he was a goal keeper, and would agree that Allison creates more chances in a game, come on back Lucus...
6 ball recoveries...? what does that even mean.. Is he competing with the ball boys around the pitch..?
5/8 ground duels won... He only had 8 battles for the ball in all the time that he was on the pitch, and then won 5 of them..Please

You can make stats mean what you want but it is hard to make these stats show that Graven' hard a impact on the game let allone claim that he stamped his mark on the game
Haha fuck me *cries*

84 mins

I can't be arsed Robbie.

Maybe you didn't see it because either you didn't see the game fullstop, or you had the game on but weren't paying any attention.

Yes and that's the problem that I fear will stick with him. You can't really see him in the England senior team can you ahead of some of his age group. He is a complicated guy to fit into the team, but definitely has had big moments this season, but you can say from the above that he can match Szobo in terms of providing that energy in the team, which I feel is very lacking in someone like Gravenberch.
Personally I feel Harvey will never be better than Szobo. And if in 3 years or so, Gra is not clearly better than Harvey, it will be sad day because it will mean that Gra hadn't fulfill his potential with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom