• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
Brilliant today

Wonderful assist, brilliant, even down to the game management that led to his substitution..

I was thinking, given his change of role under Klopp to DM have we actually missed his creativity part of his game.. ?? He has been fantastic since he has been moved further forward .

Thinking back to 2014.. he was key, to such a point I think his sending off against city was pivotal to us losing that title .

He is a box to box midfielder by trade, engine in midfield.. 2014 showed that..

Recently it's been like rolling back the years and then some..

Pleased for him.. really am.. I really think he is important on his current form, pivotal in fact for this quest for number 19..

Last edited:
Wow. Another stunning display of power, legs and quality.

Feels like a new signing.

Credit to him.

Yeah, he's playing well. He's doing well in possession too, which is important, and the freedom he has means he can put his greatest asset to better use; few players can eat up yards and get about the pitch as well as him. He's a machine.

Wow. Another stunning display of power, legs and quality.

Feels like a new signing.

Credit to him.

Yup, he's leading the line brilliantly.
He's been great since he moved into this position ... and he owes us for that red card ... a few more of these performance, and his status at the club will likely change forever

Brilliant today

Wonderful assist, brilliant, even down to the game management that led to his substitution..

I was thinking, given his change of role under Klopp to DM have we actually missed his creativity and part of his game.. He has been fantastic since he has been moved further forward .

Thinking back to 2014.. he was key, to such a point I think his sending off against city was pivotal to us losing that title .

He is a box to box midfielder by trade, engine in midfield.. 2014 showed that..

Recently it's been like rolling back the years and then some..

Pleased for him.. really am.. I really think he is important on his current form for this quest for number 19..
He was brilliant again today!
The Fabinho signing is a double win for us - we've got a great DM and he frees Hendo to play in his real position.

Like you, I was thinking of his sending off in 2014 and how it cost us.

Hope his injury is not serious.

I don't think it's a simple as the press would have us believe, in that he's played there for England & asked Klopp to play further up & he's let him, I think part of the reason he hasn't played there is down to his foot/heel problem, whether he could do this role for a full season, I doubt it, but he's moving so much quicker now which suggests that injury/condition is at least managed much better.

I don't think it's a simple as the press would have us believe, in that he's played there for England & asked Klopp to play further up & he's let him, I think part of the reason he hasn't played there is down to his foot/heel problem, whether he could do this role for a full season, I doubt it, but he's moving so much quicker now which suggests that injury/condition is at least managed much better.

Klopp said he played him in DM because we didn't have enough options, and Hendo also said the same, and that he also wanted to play further up the pitch and in a less restrictive role.

I'm not sure it's anything to do with his injury.

He was brilliant again today!
The Fabinho signing is a double win for us - we've got a great DM and he frees Hendo to play in his real position.

Like you, I was thinking of his sending off in 2014 and how it cost us.

Hope his injury is not serious.
He is fine, jogged off, had word with Klopp on the touch line.... Planned.. total game management that.

A poke in the eye at those cunts in 2014..

Love him...

Klopp said he played him in DM because we didn't have enough options, and Hendo also said the same, and that he also wanted to play further up the pitch and in a less restrictive role.

I'm not sure it's anything to do with his injury.
Yeah, I could be overthinking it, wouldn't be the first time!

Yeah, I could be overthinking it, wouldn't be the first time!

I don't know. I was thinking the same regarding Hendo and his heel condition.

I am not sure whether he could put in three 90minute performances like that in a week. But I guess, playing the number 6 role (which requires less running), has allowed him to look fresh and aggressive, in a moment we needed that. Gini has looked knackered. We've managed to rest him somewhat over the last 2 games.

The fact that Keita and Fabinho have also stepped up is a huge bonus too.

It was a big statement today from Klopp, trusting Naby in a game of this magnitude and up against Kante. I think he actually won the battle between the pair of them.

I don't know. I was thinking the same regarding Hendo and his heel condition.

I am not sure whether he could put in three 90minute performances like that in a week. But I guess, playing the number 6 role (which requires less running), has allowed him to look fresh and aggressive, in a moment we needed that. Gini has looked knackered. We've managed to rest him somewhat over the last 2 games.

The fact that Keita and Fabinho have also stepped up is a huge bonus too.

It was a big statement today from Klopp, trusting Naby in a game of this magnitude and up against Kante. I think he actually won the battle between the pair of them.
It was a very brave call, I was convinced he'd go with Milner instead.

Worked too, cos I think his close control & ability to create space with the ball from deep into the final third was very important in the first half.

Reckon he's learnt from being deeper and knows when to advance and when not to go push, which could make him better in the long run

I've been guilty of giving him shit in his DM role (although I did dedicate my avatar to him for 3 years!). He has been superb the past 200 minutes - i think he'll keep his intensity up over the course of the run-in but I wonder whether he'd have this level of fight and energy from the start of a season. In this role with Fabinho taking up holding responsibilities he is making great contributions.

For me he should be considered a rotation in this role with others who also play best on high energy (Wijnaldum, Millie) and we could be sorted in that #8 position for another year or so.

It was a strange move by Klopp to move him to DM but understandable given Lucas, Can and Joe Allen were his alternatives at the time. Maybe it's made Henderson a better rounded player but somewhat of a waste given the attacking promise showed in 13/14.

Didn’t some bellend have a derogatory poem under his dumb ass comments??? Some fucking people have no idea what supporter actually means... divvy...

Hendo ain’t Stevie G and never will be... we can all see that... Divok Origi ain’t Suarez but I fucking loved his goal,against the blue shite...

Hendo gives 100% every fucking game, always has, and furthermore when on form he is pretty damn good player.

Never understood having digs at our own players... I just don’t get it...

For me Hendos celebration against Southampton last week was one of the best moments of the season, you could fucking see it, what it means to him. Last season we were smashing a team 4 nil and we scored again and the entire frontline and midfield were hugging and celebrating on the goal line... Hendo ran up pulled Milner back and had a word In his ear about something that was happening and needed sorting, he is a proper leader. I’m delighted for him and for us.

I've probably been and still am his most vocal (to the point of annoyance) critic. I've certainly been flip flopping in terms of what I think of him. For the past few years he's been playing at DM, a position I never thought he was suited for. If you doubt me do a quick search, at the beginning I did say that he should be playing in his natural position which is CM but that slowly evolved into "he's shit". Obviously his performances at DM...I don't know the right term form it, let's say "clouded my judgement".
Still, he deserves major props for his form of late. He's actually been immense, but don't forget about Wijnaldum and Milner. If we're talking consistency this season, those two are still ahead of Hendo. Don't get me wrong, Hendo's superb form is very welcome at this stage of the season.

Also, If you think me not participating in the match thread is due to some "butt-hurtedness" regarding Hendo, you're wrong. It's more of a combo between having a delayed stream and also not getting emotionally involved in the race. Yeah, I don't think we'll win the title, there I said it, but that's a different topic.

Last edited:
Yep, he's been ace this last few games, great cross for the first goal, but he was everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom