• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

(He's alive) Aubameyang

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times do you think I've seen him play ?

I've looked at youtube and i'd say its a big part of what makes him succesful

It unsettles defenses big time - so it's a big weapon, but he's a pretty decent finisher ... the question is will he adjust his game or not. If Klopp thinks he can, it's a good deal imo. If he doesn't, stay away.

I wonder if he goes to Real if they sell Ronaldo.

It unsettles defenses big time - so it's a big weapon, but he's a pretty decent finisher ... the question is will he adjust his game or not. If Klopp thinks he can, it's a good deal imo. If he doesn't, stay away.

I wonder if he goes to Real if they sell Ronaldo.

Even if he loses a bit of pace after entering his early 30s, he'll be faster than most defenders/attackers regardless.
He also seems to score a lot of headed goals and poacher style goals from being in the right place at the right time.

If he's interested and Klopp wants him, then go for it. But the key thing for me is what it will mean for our other areas were we need strengthening. Does this signing mean that we wont be able to afford quality additions in midfield and defense, I'd probably look elsewhere for a striker.

Even if he loses a bit of pace after entering his early 30s, he'll be faster than most defenders/attackers regardless.
He also seems to score a lot of headed goals and poacher style goals from being in the right place at the right time.

If he's interested and Klopp wants him, then go for it. But the key thing for me is what it will mean for our other areas were we need strengthening. Does this signing mean that we wont be able to afford quality additions in midfield and defense, I'd probably look elsewhere for a striker.
Tbf, rarely does a striker just lose a bit of pace, they often go from fast as fuck to bang average within a short period of time.

I'm allergic to bringing 29 year old strikers to the Premier League.

He'd have to be part of a series of signings meant to catapult us to league success

He has just turned 28. I agree, he definitely isn't coming into his prime, he's there and we'll only have him for a couple of seasons at this level if we're lucky. But that might be two amazing seasons. So yes, if we get him I'm reading it as 'operation champions'.

Last edited:
So scoring nearly a goal a game for two seasons isn't his prime ?

Are you really making that point ?

Tbf, rarely does a striker just lose a bit of pace, they often go from fast as fuck to bang average within a short period of time.

That depends on whether or not he stays clear of any long term injuries that can affect his pace, I reckon.

He has just turned 28. I agree, he definitely is coming into his prime, he's there and we'll only have him for a couple of seasons at this level if we're lucky. But that might be two amazing seasons. So yes, if we get him I'm reading it as 'operation champions'.

He'll be 30 or 31 before this discussion is over.

KLOPP: "Pierre-Emerick, you were part of it on the night we turned Dortmund over in the Europa league. Imagine having those fans singing your name."

40% and climbing.

So scoring nearly a goal a game for two seasons isn't his prime ?

Are you really making that point ?

I meant 'he isn't' coming into his prime. He's there. So I'm not making that point (as the rest of my post kinda indicated).

Well of course I'm in - He's quality, in his prime and will no doubt improve us massively. Win Win and er.... Win. What's the prob? I doubt it will happen but stranger things have occurred. Also he has a name that reminds me of a yummy Greek mezze dish and an Aboriginal weapon of unique and deadly accuracy. It's a sign! Sweet and deadly. If that doesn't convince you lot nothing will... :)

Yes he's in his prime. For me prime years for strikers is 27-31, hence why I said entering, but you are right he is in it. Obviously everyone is different, but hopefully the fact he wasn't really a teen prodigy will help prolong his output.

Can't say [emoji6]

PM? I'm very discreet. Totally.

nz061.jpg

So you did.
Two is a reasonable enough guess.

So we'll pay 100m in total for what we expect will be two great years and two alright ones.

He'd have to be the final piece in the jigsaw for me to do that deal.

I still think we're a bit short of that though.

Nothing to suggest in his injury record (so far) that he cant continue for a good while yet.

INJURY HISTORY

[xtable]
{thead}
{tr}
{th}Season{/th}
{th}injury{/th}
{th}from{/th}
{th}until{/th}
{th}Days{/th}
{th}Games missed{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}16/17{/td}
{td}Adductor problems{/td}
{td}Mar 13, 2017{/td}
{td}Mar 16, 2017{/td}
{td}3 days{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}16/17{/td}
{td}Calf Problems{/td}
{td}Oct 24, 2016{/td}
{td}Oct 27, 2016{/td}
{td}3 days{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}15/16{/td}
{td}Bone chipping{/td}
{td}Apr 18, 2016{/td}
{td}Apr 25, 2016{/td}
{td}7 days{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}15/16{/td}
{td}Rest{/td}
{td}Mar 14, 2016{/td}
{td}Mar 14, 2016{/td}
{td}0 days{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}15/16{/td}
{td}Contusion{/td}
{td}Feb 11, 2016{/td}
{td}Feb 15, 2016{/td}
{td}4 days{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}15/16{/td}
{td}Muscular problems{/td}
{td}Nov 23, 2015{/td}
{td}Nov 26, 2015{/td}
{td}3 days{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}15/16{/td}
{td}Toe Injury{/td}
{td}Nov 9, 2015{/td}
{td}Nov 12, 2015{/td}
{td}3 days{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}15/16{/td}
{td}Rest{/td}
{td}Oct 1, 2015{/td}
{td}Oct 1, 2015{/td}
{td}0 days{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}14/15{/td}
{td}Back trouble{/td}
{td}Mar 2, 2015{/td}
{td}Mar 5, 2015{/td}
{td}3 days{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}14/15{/td}
{td}Ill{/td}
{td}Nov 17, 2014{/td}
{td}Nov 20, 2014{/td}
{td}3 days{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}14/15{/td}
{td}Rest{/td}
{td}Oct 27, 2014{/td}
{td}Oct 30, 2014{/td}
{td}3 days{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}13/14{/td}
{td}thigh knock{/td}
{td}Mar 20, 2014{/td}
{td}Mar 24, 2014{/td}
{td}4 days{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}13/14{/td}
{td}Abdominal Influenza{/td}
{td}Jul 22, 2013{/td}
{td}Jul 25, 2013{/td}
{td}3 days{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}12/13{/td}
{td}thigh knock{/td}
{td}Oct 29, 2012{/td}
{td}Nov 1, 2012{/td}
{td}3 days{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

So you did.
Two is a reasonable enough guess.

So we'll pay 100m in total for what we expect will be two great years and two alright ones.

He'd have to be the final piece in the jigsaw for me to do that deal.

I still think we're a bit short of that though.

Well that's what I'm talking about. We invest in him, Salah, a top CM and CB and we properly go for the league. It's the kind of move our competitors would make.

I don't know why you guys do this to yourselves.

There is no chance he'll come here.

Well if Tom Brown sez it's happening, then it is as good as done. Said nobody ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom