• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

(He's alive) Aubameyang

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is zero chance of this happening, so the argument about him being good value for us is moot

which is just plain greedy when you've got Aguero and the saviour already on your books

According to SSN, Man City are preparing a bid.
Nah, thats not gonna happen. Like you said, they have Aguero and Jayzeus.

Auba doesn't fit there system either. Chances of that happening surely less than 29%

Nah, thats not gonna happen. Like you said, they have Aguero and Jayzeus.

Auba doesn't fit there system either. Chances of that happening surely less than 29%

That bolded bit is something I'd hope would weigh in our favour. He's tailor-made for Klopp's preferred style, as his performances within it showed back in the day.

Even if he loses a bit of pace after entering his early 30s, he'll be faster than most defenders/attackers regardless.
He also seems to score a lot of headed goals and poacher style goals from being in the right place at the right time.

If he's interested and Klopp wants him, then go for it. But the key thing for me is what it will mean for our other areas were we need strengthening. Does this signing mean that we wont be able to afford quality additions in midfield and defense, I'd probably look elsewhere for a striker.

We can use that argument for most strikers. I am sure Michael Owen post injury was faster than most defenders. He was still good but not quite there right. Torres of Chelsea was faster than most PL defenders but he lost that edge which made him a 50 million+ striker.

Even when they are faster than most defenders, that rapid acceleration, burst of speed gives them an edge if when used correctly you cannot defend against. It also gives them the psychological edge.

Given that strikers like Auba have been perfecting their game for years and years on how to use that max acceleration, will it be possible to adapt their game to operate like a striker with normal speed. I am not saying it is not possible but more than likely, the answer will be no.

We can use that argument for most strikers. I am sure Michael Owen post injury was faster than most defenders. He was still good but not quite there right. Torres of Chelsea was faster than most PL defenders but he lost that edge which made him a 50 million+ striker.

Even when they are faster than most defenders, that rapid acceleration, burst of speed gives them an edge if when used correctly you cannot defend against. It also gives them the psychological edge.

Given that strikers like Auba have been perfecting their game for years and years on how to use that max acceleration, will it be possible to adapt their game to operate like a striker with normal speed. I am not saying it is not possible but more than likely, the answer will be no.

Both those players had injury issues that affected their pace though. Auba hasnt had that yet, which might mean he will see that decline happen a bit differently and not so quickly.

No chance he will come to us, if we're even interested.

Can see him going to City, but it's a bit of a stupid move for all parties.

Both those players had injury issues that affected their pace though. Auba hasnt had that yet, which might mean he will see that decline happen a bit differently and not so quickly.

True. I would still say we are crazy to spend 70 million on Auba. Too much money for 2 years of high quality returns if all turns out well.

I don't think he represents value given the various holes we need to fix. Unless his goals wins us the league or champions league.

Having said that, I am not even sure how to define what constitutes value given the crazy money everyone appears to go for.

I would pay close to that amount for his team mate Pulisic though. He could contribute to success on the pitch and help make us the number 1 club among US fans which can be big from a marketing perspective.

Unless we are hoping our entire team will peak at the same time and we require a single superstar to put us over the top, I don't see a problem with signing a star now, a year or two ahead of being truly ready. Will we get transfer value when we sell him? No. But when we're scrapping just to get into the top 4 should we intentionally be setting our sights lower? Let him fire us into a second straight season at the European top table.

Better a true top class player for 60-70 million than the likes of Van Dijk.

id prefer lacazette i think

Good player, but I wouldn't. From what I've seen Aubameyang is far more Klopp's kind of player, one who will take part in pressing from the front and play others in around him as well as going for goal himself, whereas Lacazette zeroes in on goal every time. By contrast, if Aguero goes, Lacazette would be a better fit for Citeh.

Good player, but I wouldn't. From what I've seen Aubameyang is far more Klopp's kind of player, one who will take part in pressing from the front and play others in around him as well as going for goal himself, whereas Lacazette zeroes in on goal every time. By contrast, if Aguero goes, Lacazette would be a better fit for Citeh.
Lacazette presses harder and plays effectively anywhere across the front three .. im not sure what you're basing any of the above on?

True. I would still say we are crazy to spend 70 million on Auba. Too much money for 2 years of high quality returns if all turns out well.

I don't think he represents value given the various holes we need to fix. Unless his goals wins us the league or champions league.

Having said that, I am not even sure how to define what constitutes value given the crazy money everyone appears to go for.

I would pay close to that amount for his team mate Pulisic though. He could contribute to success on the pitch and help make us the number 1 club among US fans which can be big from a marketing perspective.
You sound like an FSG shill !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom