• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hey Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the mods overlooked similar levels of abuse from Ross towards Hansern? Or are the SCM double standards now coming in clutch?
Yeah but they are back and forth like a married couple so who do you start on?

Also Stevie M didn't do anything

Yeah but they are back and forth like a married couple so who do you start on?

Also Stevie M didn't do anything

Oh... I don’t mind being called a dopey twat by Binomial.

I’ve probably called him worse.

Albeit, probably accurately and for good reason.

I think its safe to assume they don't frequent online forums for ideas, especially fringe ones

I rather like the idea of John Henry settling down at the end of a hard day making sure no fucker spends any of his money, cracking open an expensive bottle of Bordeaux that cost more than more than any of us earn in a year and going “where to first on these cunts at SCM... football forum??? - nah... fuck it... let’s see what those twats have been saying in the Trump thread... I need a laugh”.

I think its safe to assume they don't frequent online forums for ideas, especially fringe ones
You can guarantee that someone from LFC (or a firm they hire) will be monitoring social media for stories / rumours about the club. It wouldn't surprise me if they look in here and on other forums too. Probably all done by bots, mind, definitely not by John Henry.

I rather like the idea of John Henry settling down at the end of a hard day making sure no fucker spends any of his money, cracking open an expensive bottle of Bordeaux that cost more than more than any of us earn in a year and going “where to first on these cunts at SCM... football forum??? - nah... fuck it... let’s see what those twats have been saying in the Trump thread... I need a laugh”.

I've mentioned it before but the one time we had a table next to John Henry with his missus and Mike Gordon, they looked like the most boring people alive, sat there nursing bottled water and spring greens for a couple of hours hardly saying a word to each other. I mean the Saudis might have just pulled out of a deal or something, hence their icy mood, but I did get to tell my kids, see that's what being a billionaire gets you. Bored as all shit. Take a year off and go skiing etc

I've mentioned it before but the one time we had a table next to John Henry with his missus and Mike Gordon, they looked like the most boring people alive, sat there nursing bottled water and spring greens for a couple of hours hardly saying a word to each other. I mean the Saudis might have just pulled out of a deal or something, hence their icy mood, but I did get to tell my kids, see that's what being a billionaire gets you. Bored as all shit. Take a year off and go skiing etc
Maybe Henry was finger banging Linda under the table?

You could say that about every league though. I think its more about getting in the right player that will fit in with your team.
For every Keita, Pulisic, Werner and Haller. There is a De Bruyne, Son, Firmino, Sane, Gundogan, Aubameyang etc.

Sancho will come good, sadly. Its more that he's integrated in a team that has no plan on how to use him at all.
He would have been boss for us, no doubt.

Dont think there is to much risk with Bellingham. He's just a fantastic player and talent.

We've had this discussion recently. The problem with most of the positive examples from Germany is that they are all from at least 5 years ago – recently it's all been mostly duds. I agree with you that Bellingham looks a real deal – I actually started this thread (before it was combined with binomial's) and he's probably the top of the summer list for me at the moment; a young English midfielder to build around for years to come is exactly what we need. But Havertz and Sancho offer a cautionary tale – even for players who everyone agrees are creme de la creme talent-wise and will probably eventually be a success in England, the transition from the Bundesliga to the EPL is quite an enormous jump in quality. Look at that "goal of the month" Jude scored recently and try to imagine which EPL team would allow their defense to be so comprehensively fooled by a couple bits of skill. It was like the Salah Man City goal, only in 50% slow motion...

I don't think it was quite as easy to score 5 or 10 years ago in the Bundesliga, but now their standard of defending seems to have dropped to the comparable level to Eredivisie and that applies to things like midfield pressing and defending in numbers as well. In addition to difference in quality, there is also a difference in attitude – both in Germany and in Holland teams rarely adopt deep defensive posture even against superior teams and as a result the attacking players don't develop the skills to break those down, while their goal and assist numbers become artificially inflated. They just don't have the cynical, shithouse teams there, which is both an advantage and a disadvantage for the young talents coming through these leagues.

So all of this is to say that I think as good as Bellingham is potentially, it will surely take him at least one full season and probably more than that to start showing anything close to his Bundesliga form here in the EPL. We will need to give him playing time and the team and the results will probably suffer, just like United are now suffering because of Sancho's form (even though both will come good eventually). That's not what any of us want to hear after your team invests close to 100M in a marquee signing, but that's the most realistic scenario. And even so, in the long-term, it will still be the right decision to buy Bellingham.

Last edited:
Another thing I just realized looking at the list in the thread I started – all the relatively successful transfers from Germany in the last 4-5 years were defensive players (so Konate should be OK!). In contrast, every attacker or attack-minded midfielder has failed to live up to expectations.

Last edited:
You really want Jude at LFC don't you? Normally you're like Data (from Star trek) emotionless, but this guy has turned you human

Lol. I'm not going to set myself up for disappointment. Just thought it was funny how he can miss something so obvious. :p

Lol. I'm not going to set myself up for disappointment. Just thought it was funny how he can miss something so obvious. :p
Our max net spend this summer is going to be £40m, plus what ever we get from sales. I'd like Ward-Prowse, but he even at £50m seems unlikely

Last edited:
Working class hero Jude Bellingham gets real love from Dortmund
The 18-year-old Englishman has taken the Bundesliga by storm and may already be the most complete midfielder in the world
by Jonathan Liew

The slogan of Borussia Dortmund is “Echte Liebe”, which means “real love”. These days, however, it conjures up mixed emotions among Dortmund fans. For many it is a nostalgic throwback to the club’s heyday under Jürgen Klopp, when the phrase first became popularised. For others it is little more than an empty marketing jingle, a hashtag, a symbol of how a club built on working-class passion has begun to take on an increasingly corporate character.

At the human heart of this divide lies the club’s approach to young players. Over the last decade, Dortmund have made little secret of their business model: sign the world’s most promising teenagers, offer them meaningful game time in an elite environment, then look to move them on at a profit. For supporters, this poses an insoluble dilemma: under this policy, Dortmund have fielded some of the most thrilling attacking sides in Europe, playing rapid football with young hungry players. But by the same token, is it entirely possible to attach real love to someone who may well leave in a couple of years?

This, perhaps, is why Dortmund fans have often been slightly restrained in their adoration of Erling Haaland, despite the fact that he is one of the greatest strikers in the world. Jadon Sancho was more popular, and his inevitable departure to Manchester United over the summer was accepted with a shrug of the shoulders rather than any genuine animosity. But it’s hard to think of a young foreign player more straightforwardly loved by Dortmund fans than Jude Bellingham: the 18-year-old midfielder from Stourbridge who in the space of a season and a bit has made himself indispensable not just to the Dortmund team but their psyche.

Bellingham is recovering from a knee injury and may not start Saturday’s Klassiker against Bayern Munich. Until missing last weekend’s game against Wolfsburg he had been an ever-present in the Bundesliga and Champions League this season, and it is a measure of his importance that in his absence the coach, Marco Rose, felt the need to rework his entire midfield, bringing in Emre Can and Mahmoud Dahoud. With his ability to make decisive contributions in all five phases of the game – attack, defence, attacking transition, defensive transition and set pieces – Bellingham has a balanced skillset that few in his position – and certainly nobody at his club – can match.

Bellingham is both the most fouled player in the Bundesliga and its third most prolific tackler. He ranks fourth for pressures and fourth for goal-creating actions. He can score incredible individual goals such as the one against Arminia Bielefeld, in which he snaked past three players before dinking the ball over the goalkeeper. Even if you disregard his age, is there a more complete midfielder in world football right now?

“I love his style of play,” Rose has said of Bellingham. “He has this focused aggression, works unbelievably hard for the team, and for all his youth plays a very courageous brand of football. His mentality, the intensity with which he plays football, the will to win and the football solutions he finds – all of that is extraordinary.” Mats Hummels, one of the oldest players in the squad, is even more gushing: “I think I’ve already told Jude 25 times that I love him,” the centre-back said in October. “He’s the most mature, most serious 18-year-old I’ve ever seen.”

It’s telling how many people mention Bellingham’s mentality. Pretty much everyone who worked with him growing up – whether at Birmingham City or with England age-group teams – knew he was going to be good. He had the technical ability, he had the physical makeup, he had the footballing brain. But that last step you never quite know for sure, and the real lesson of Bellingham’s rise from a Championship academy to the Champions League is that his personality – the ability to lose oneself fully in football and yet remain largely unchanged as a person – is perhaps his strongest attribute of all.

“When I’m alone, there is nothing else in my head except football,” Bellingham has said. He claims to be “almost obsessed with the smallest details of the game”, which may explain why he has been able to maintain his rapid rate of improvement even as the level of expectation continues to rise. Not simply a passer, not simply a tackler, not simply a creative influence or a physical presence: the sheer complexity to Bellingham’s game is what sets it apart, and maybe you need a mind of similar complexity to keep it going.

And yet Bellingham is the very opposite of a bloodless footballing machine. There was a moment earlier in the season when angry Bayer Leverkusen fans were hurling cups of beer at him and Haaland as they celebrated a goal in the corner. Instinctively, Bellingham caught one of the cups one-handed and took a swig: “my first beer,” he joked on social media. On another occasion he startled Haaland by interrupting one of his post-match interviews to plant an impromptu kiss on his cheek.

“My game reflects my origins,” Bellingham said in an interview with DAZN this season. “It’s a working-class style, because my game is based on energy and hard work.” Small wonder Dortmund fans can’t get enough of this guy right now. Of course, Dortmund know that one day Bellingham too may well end up leaving for pastures new, even if he is contracted to the club for 2025 and it would probably need a bid in excess of £100m to shift him.

But for now few players seem to encapsulate the way the modern Dortmund likes to see itself. Young and brilliant, but humble with it. Committed and loyal, but not boring like they are at Bayern. A player worth getting behind. A player worth fighting for. A player worthy of real love.

==============

Sorry, Dortmund fans, but he’ll be ours. This is a Klopp player if I ever saw one.

Working class hero Jude Bellingham gets real love from Dortmund
The 18-year-old Englishman has taken the Bundesliga by storm and may already be the most complete midfielder in the world
by Jonathan Liew

The slogan of Borussia Dortmund is “Echte Liebe”, which means “real love”. These days, however, it conjures up mixed emotions among Dortmund fans. For many it is a nostalgic throwback to the club’s heyday under Jürgen Klopp, when the phrase first became popularised. For others it is little more than an empty marketing jingle, a hashtag, a symbol of how a club built on working-class passion has begun to take on an increasingly corporate character.

At the human heart of this divide lies the club’s approach to young players. Over the last decade, Dortmund have made little secret of their business model: sign the world’s most promising teenagers, offer them meaningful game time in an elite environment, then look to move them on at a profit. For supporters, this poses an insoluble dilemma: under this policy, Dortmund have fielded some of the most thrilling attacking sides in Europe, playing rapid football with young hungry players. But by the same token, is it entirely possible to attach real love to someone who may well leave in a couple of years?

This, perhaps, is why Dortmund fans have often been slightly restrained in their adoration of Erling Haaland, despite the fact that he is one of the greatest strikers in the world. Jadon Sancho was more popular, and his inevitable departure to Manchester United over the summer was accepted with a shrug of the shoulders rather than any genuine animosity. But it’s hard to think of a young foreign player more straightforwardly loved by Dortmund fans than Jude Bellingham: the 18-year-old midfielder from Stourbridge who in the space of a season and a bit has made himself indispensable not just to the Dortmund team but their psyche.

Bellingham is recovering from a knee injury and may not start Saturday’s Klassiker against Bayern Munich. Until missing last weekend’s game against Wolfsburg he had been an ever-present in the Bundesliga and Champions League this season, and it is a measure of his importance that in his absence the coach, Marco Rose, felt the need to rework his entire midfield, bringing in Emre Can and Mahmoud Dahoud. With his ability to make decisive contributions in all five phases of the game – attack, defence, attacking transition, defensive transition and set pieces – Bellingham has a balanced skillset that few in his position – and certainly nobody at his club – can match.

Bellingham is both the most fouled player in the Bundesliga and its third most prolific tackler. He ranks fourth for pressures and fourth for goal-creating actions. He can score incredible individual goals such as the one against Arminia Bielefeld, in which he snaked past three players before dinking the ball over the goalkeeper. Even if you disregard his age, is there a more complete midfielder in world football right now?

“I love his style of play,” Rose has said of Bellingham. “He has this focused aggression, works unbelievably hard for the team, and for all his youth plays a very courageous brand of football. His mentality, the intensity with which he plays football, the will to win and the football solutions he finds – all of that is extraordinary.” Mats Hummels, one of the oldest players in the squad, is even more gushing: “I think I’ve already told Jude 25 times that I love him,” the centre-back said in October. “He’s the most mature, most serious 18-year-old I’ve ever seen.”

It’s telling how many people mention Bellingham’s mentality. Pretty much everyone who worked with him growing up – whether at Birmingham City or with England age-group teams – knew he was going to be good. He had the technical ability, he had the physical makeup, he had the footballing brain. But that last step you never quite know for sure, and the real lesson of Bellingham’s rise from a Championship academy to the Champions League is that his personality – the ability to lose oneself fully in football and yet remain largely unchanged as a person – is perhaps his strongest attribute of all.

“When I’m alone, there is nothing else in my head except football,” Bellingham has said. He claims to be “almost obsessed with the smallest details of the game”, which may explain why he has been able to maintain his rapid rate of improvement even as the level of expectation continues to rise. Not simply a passer, not simply a tackler, not simply a creative influence or a physical presence: the sheer complexity to Bellingham’s game is what sets it apart, and maybe you need a mind of similar complexity to keep it going.

And yet Bellingham is the very opposite of a bloodless footballing machine. There was a moment earlier in the season when angry Bayer Leverkusen fans were hurling cups of beer at him and Haaland as they celebrated a goal in the corner. Instinctively, Bellingham caught one of the cups one-handed and took a swig: “my first beer,” he joked on social media. On another occasion he startled Haaland by interrupting one of his post-match interviews to plant an impromptu kiss on his cheek.

“My game reflects my origins,” Bellingham said in an interview with DAZN this season. “It’s a working-class style, because my game is based on energy and hard work.” Small wonder Dortmund fans can’t get enough of this guy right now. Of course, Dortmund know that one day Bellingham too may well end up leaving for pastures new, even if he is contracted to the club for 2025 and it would probably need a bid in excess of £100m to shift him.

But for now few players seem to encapsulate the way the modern Dortmund likes to see itself. Young and brilliant, but humble with it. Committed and loyal, but not boring like they are at Bayern. A player worth getting behind. A player worth fighting for. A player worthy of real love.

==============

Sorry, Dortmund fans, but he’ll be ours. This is a Klopp player if I ever saw one.

I'm sold. Get him. Our successor to Hendo.

Well, we have other assets to sell: Ox, Gomez, maybe even Curtis if Bellingham were to take his place. I wonder if they would be open to a part exchange for Naby.

I think with some additional funds for transfers + sales we should be able to sign Bellingham. I do agree that signing Bellingham AND someone like Rafinha won’t be possible unless Salah leaves.

If we do sign him, it will mean that we've sold Salah, because lets face it, FSG aren't producing 100M unless we've had a big fee coming in.
Our front three of Mo, Sadio and Bobby have all got eighteen months left on their contracts.
I think there is a fair chance at this stage that all three will be gone by the time we go into the last season with Klopp.
FSG will be keen to finance their replacements somehow and the most obvious way is by selling at least one of them next summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom