• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jonjo - fee agreed with Swansea (6 mill)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CRYSTAL Palace manager Ian Holloway has confirmed that Jonjo Shelvey was on his list of summer transfer targets.

The former Charlton midfielder joined Swansea City yesterday in a £5 million deal from Liverpool.

And Holloway, who worked with Shelvey during his time in charge at Blackpool, told the South London Press: "We are not in the position yet to compete with teams that have been in there [the Premier League] for a couple of years.

"Jonjo Shelvey was on the list, I had him at Blackpool. But Swansea have been at this level for a couple of years and that puts them at a slightly different level to us."

Charlton will receive a six-figure cash windfall following Jonjo Shelvey's £5million move to Swansea from Liverpool. - Skysports

So we're getting less than £5 million

@rurikbird

Charlton will receive a six-figure cash windfall following Jonjo Shelvey's £5million move to Swansea from Liverpool. - Skysports

So we're getting less than £5 million

@rurikbird

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130704-shelvey-894191.aspx?

Charlton will receive a six-figure sum following the transfer of Addicks academy graduate Jonjo Shelvey from Liverpool to Swansea City on Wednesday.

The 21-year-old England international midfielder, who came through Charlton's youth set-up to make his debut in April 2008, has switched to the Welsh club in a reported initial £5m deal.

Thanks to a sell-on clause within the deal that saw Shelvey move to the Reds in May 2010 for an initial £1.7m (with further payments made for domestic and international appearances), Charlton will now receive a percentage of the profit Liverpool have earned.

Chief operating officer Steve Bradshaw said: "We have made significant investment in our academy over the years and continue to do so, and it continues to pay dividends for the club in a variety of ways, with Jonjo one of many graduates regularly playing at the highest level.

"We're delighted to see Jonjo forging a career in the Premier League and on the international stage with England U21s and the senior set-up, and wish him all the best at his new club."

Such clauses reminds me of FM. :p So its percentage of the 3.3million profit.

@Musker_LFC: Liverpool have included a sell on clause, in the deal that saw Jonjo Shelvey move to Swansea. (Liverpool Post).

You all know I'm still a fan. I still think he's going to be very good. He'll get us a nice sell on wedge. I'm as sad as he is that he's gone.

jonjo-4x358-893615_478x359.jpg
<== he's devastated.

**I didn't really pick Assulin. I did pick Shelvey!

Welcome to scm Lucas. This is a very relaxed place. You can post shit for years then post like an adult for six months and the shit posts will be forgotten. You can even start posting shit again and people will think you're great because of the six months.

I'm now Mr. Intangible. I can't shoot, I can't score, I can't assist, I had trouble tackling and still make silly fouls but yet there were those several months where I dominated and if I could always play like that I'd be loved by everyone!

This is a good move for Shelley.

If he can make it happen I'd have no qualms about paying a small premium to get him back. Right now we can't afford to let him develop at the expense of results. Sending him on loan to a championship will be a step too low for him. Sending him out on loan to a premiership team would mean that the club that loaned him will not have skin in their teeth and will not have incentive to give their best shot at developing him.

The likes of Suso can still benefit by going to a championship team.. Jonjo can't.

Selling him with a sell on clause was the best possible decision.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.c...-Jonjo-shine/story-19481519-detail/story.html

BRENDAN Rodgers reckons "brilliant club" Swansea City will give Jonjo Shelvey the ideal chance to shine.

Shelvey is set to link up with his new Swansea colleagues in Holland after completing a £5 million-plus move to the Liberty Stadium.

And former Swansea boss Rodgers believes the one-cap England midfielder could not have picked a better place to progress his career. Speaking exclusively to the Evening Post, the Liverpool manager said: "Swansea have signed a very good young player and Jonjo has joined a brilliant club.

"I spoke to Jonjo when the Swansea interest came in.

"He is looking to play week-in, week-out and unfortunately that wasn't going to happen with us.

"I said to him that if he was going to leave, there would be no better club to join than Swansea.

"Because of the supporters, the city and the chairman, the club is set up perfectly to give players and managers every chance to succeed."

Shelvey made 32 appearances under Rodgers last season, scoring five goals, but was never able to nail down a place in the Liverpool starting side during three years at the club.

The Romford-born star hopes joining Swansea will mean more opportunities to prove he is capable of starring in the top flight.

"Jonjo is talented," Rodgers added.

"He has good power, good running ability, he can score a goal and he can play in a number of positions.

"He played 30-odd games for me last season and fitted into different positions really well — he is flexible in his game.

"Jonjo is now in the situation where he needs to try to take the next step in his career.

"That means he needs to play, and going to Swansea was a no-brainer for him."

Despite making his England debut last season, Shelvey heads to SA1 with something to prove having failed to make himself a mainstay at Anfield.

And Rodgers pointed out: "What he will be is hungry.

"He will go to Swansea with hunger and I assume he is going there to play every week, so it's a good opportunity for him."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom