• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jonjo - fee agreed with Swansea (6 mill)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had really high hopes for Jonjo. Saw a lot of him when he was at Charlton and was made up when we signed him. I actually thought he might turn into a replacement for SG. Once again, it shows what I know.
I think it's more down to Rodgers giving him a fair crack of the whip but Shelvey being unable to consistently produce what he was asked for.
Still like him as a player, and anyone who gives Ferguson a mouthful will always be alright in my book. He'll have a decent top flight career if he can be bothered.
I hope this means Mhkythhtmkhrn is signing, based on nothing other than I want to hang my slender hopes on yet another stranger.

My exact views, only typed more coherently than I would have.

Btw, the figure confirmed on the Swansea official website is 5m, not 6m.

Meh, we made a profit. I'm alright with it.
I'm more worried about our fellow SCM member "Shelvey", haven't seen him around here for a while. Also the "Shelvey club" has officially disbanded.

@Shelvey

Meh, we made a profit. I'm alright with it.
I'm more worried about our fellow SCM member "Shelvey", haven't seen him around here for a while. Also the "Shelvey club" has officially disbanded.

@Shelvey

It's a tidy profit and I'm pleased there's potential add ons. Just pointing out cos of the thread title. ;)

It's a tidy profit and I'm pleased there's potential add ons. Just pointing out cos of the thread title. ;)

Damn these mods and their editing of thread titles. ;)
Already got Mark on my back because someone wrote "good riddance".

Damn these mods and their editing of thread titles. ;)
Already got Mark on my back because someone wrote "good riddance".

Lol, don't worry I think most of us knew those were edited. The original title was something like Jonjo and Jay, wasn't it?

Man, Shelvey looks gutted.

I'm a little sad to see him go. There is a player there and if he gets lucky and works hard at Swansea he could do well. Hopefully we've covered ourselves with some clauses in cases that happens because otherwise you'd have to say that 5M isn't a very good deal.

@shelveyJ: Just wanna say thank you to every one of the Liverpool fans for there support! They were first class. And will be truly missed.. Will miss

@shelveyJ: The city very much.. And the club! Owe a lot to everyone there! Thank you. Time to start a new chapter in life in Wales. Thank you.

What will Shelvey, the poster, do if this happens ?

Become a canary, or something ?

He'll turn into another youth player he likes

After all, he was assulin

Gai assulin was a barca youth product who he was convinced would be big an ting. He moved to city and no one ever saw him again.

Someone needs to have a word with him.

He doth hath the form of a jinx demon.

prince-side_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

@shelveyJ: Just wanna say thank you to every one of the Liverpool fans for their support! They were first class. And will be truly missed.. Will miss

@shelveyJ: The city very much.. And the club! Owe a lot to everyone there! Thank you. Time to start a new chapter in life in Wales. Thank you.

Why can't young people spell correctly anymore?

Also, that's not something you ever want to have to say.

I'd love to know how we paid them that much for Allen, and they paid that little for Shelvey. He's a full England international. If we were buying the price would be 15 million.

That probably says more about us than Swansea. though. They've been pretty astute with their transfer dealings since they arrived in the Premier League.

Big clubs usually pay smaller clubs for potential

Shevley has been at a big club and shown he hasn't cut it so will be sold for less.

Why was he sold?

Was it...

a) not technically skilled enough
b) not tactically competent or compliant enough
c) bad attitude/ trainer
d) thick as two short planks
e) kept picking up little Joey and spinning him on the end of his finger, Harlem Globe trotters style.

I feel like he's going to score 10+ for Swans next season in the league, but that may just be sellers remorse. We probably could have dragged this out and got 7-8M, but it's a good bit of business to get it done quickly.

Poor fecker having to go and live in Wales.
No wonder he looks suicidal.

Worst comes to the worst if it doesn't work well for him at Swansea he can join that call centres football team and play for chickenhead

It is hard to think of a better match manager-wise for Shelvey than Laudrup imo.

He was quite the polar opposite in many ways as a player and certainly so when it comes to temper, and sometimes quite excellent results can be formed by mixing these complete opposite personalities.

We'd probably do the right thing if we could get a buy-back clause included in this deal. Knock £1M of the prize now and let us be able to buy him back for £10M at will.
Yup lets face it, if anyone is going to DANISH him into DANISH, its hard to look past Laudrup as he is such a DANISH manager who shows how DANISH it is to play DANISH.
DANE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom