• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Keita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabio

Former mod, consistent c***
Honorary Member
I've not been around much, but have we decided he's shite yet?

Because at the moment he's doing his best gini/shithouse ghost impression for me

I think the general consensus in the match thread was that yes, he was indeed shit in that game, and we improved when he went off.

However, I'm not sure there's been a more general discussion for a while, and it's quite hard to really do so, given he is injured and unavailable so often.

And fucking 1 game chatter like we haven't owned him for 2 years nearly

He's as injury prone as lallana, and arguably less effective

However, I'm not sure there's been a more general discussion for a while, and it's quite hard to really do so, given he is injured and unavailable so often.

Which is part of the problem unfortunately.

I really want(ed) him to be good but am fast losing hope. Maybe he's just going to end up as a hugely expensive squad player.

Least he helped us win big ears

I have a feeling we may be seeing both Lallana's leave Anfield this summer, white and black.

Hopefully we can get about £30m back from Keita from some club in Germany, and reinvest in someone not shit.

I've not been around much, but have we decided he's shite yet?

Because at the moment he's doing his best gini/shithouse ghost impression for me

And fucking 1 game chatter like we haven't owned him for 2 years nearly

He's as injury prone as lallana, and arguably less effective

So you start a thread referring to Keita's performance at the moment. Then you switch to a two year span as it suits your argument better? Fuck off.

I think Keita deserves most the criticism he's getting. I expected more from him considering the price tag. He's been great in patches, like World club cup, but he just can't stay fit. Starting to think that time is running out for him.

So you start a thread referring to Keita's performance at the moment. Then you switch to a two year span as it suits your argument better? Fuck off.
Yeah

As in I'm presently thinking he's shit, based on performances this far

I started wearily positive

Then ambivalent

Now I think he's shit

Are you with me?

I feel like you're struggling with things like "time" and "opinions"

Like most people I was very excited about him signing for us and barring the odd game here and there it simply hasnt worked. Hes been injured for long stretches, found it hard to eastablish himself in the first team and regularly turned in the sort of performances that suggest hes just not cut out for English football.

Hes not shit, thats not the problem, hes obviously got some very good qualities, but they dont seem to translate well to our style of play and he often just drifts out of games after he tries one or two things that dont come off. I suspect hes running out of time to make some sort of impact and wouldnt be at all surprised if he moved on in the summer, you just dont see how and where its all going to suddenly click.

If Klopp wants to give him a run of games between now and June to prove himself and see what he can do I have no issue with that but somebody battling for a place has got to show more urgency than he did against West Ham.

I think Keita deserves most the criticism he's getting. I expected more from him considering the price tag. He's been great in patches, like World club cup, but he just can't stay fit. Starting to think that time is running out for him.

I think there have now been 2 instances where an important midfielder has been injured, where he could step up and make the position his own, but he seemingly can't be arsed with that

His best performances seem to come from when he's rotated in, half knowing he's going to be dropped again

He failed to impress. Use him as makeweight for one of 3 players we have been linked with in Germany. Swap him for Werner.

There is a player in there somewhere....

But the trouble is he needs a significant run of games in order to get some form going if you ask me, thats not easy in a side where he has major competition ahead of him and the fact he keeps getting injured....

I suspect he is now getting to a point where confidence is being eroded from not playing enough which in turn will lead to him not developing as one would hope....

Guess we will see if he can come back from it like the likes of Hendo has had to when he nearly went out the door.....

Dont think Klopp will sell him tbh

It's been a very disappointing transfer altogether. Expectation vs Reality has been way off. A few seasons ago this would have set us back but thankfully we're in a position where we could afford the luxury of having such an expensive squad player. I'd have no problems if he was sold back to Germany for 40 million but I'm also willing to allow him more time. I suppose being 22 point clear in the league explains my ambivalence.

I
I have a feeling we may be seeing both Lallana's leave Anfield this summer, white and black.

Hopefully we can get about £30m back from Keita from some club in Germany, and reinvest in someone not shit.
It would be a shame for keita to go without ever truly showing off his talents (they are there like), but if you can't be arsed to perform when opportunities arise, then you can fuck off

Klopp waited to buy him and has a history of giving players plenty of time. Klopp will give him next season to get there or not.

Has he ever been man of the match? We paid fifty odd million, thought he could do everything, waited a full year, and the best he's been is mildly effective whereas the worst he's been is 'i really didn't know he was playing', and the latter has happened quite a lot.

Klopp said he didn't speak the lingo and he's shy, but that was a long time ago now. I know he's had injury problems but that doesn't exactly inspire confidence either. If we can get a decent sum for him I'm sure we can replace him with better. I could probs name better midfielders from every side in this league.*

*I can't be arsed but I could if I wanted to, honest

The seasons running out, and this seasons the one where he has to prove that he's more than just a couple of bright moments. The main issue he has is that he never stamps himself on games, he's so timid and passive. As far as I'm concerned it's not ability, which he's shown he's got, it's his mentality, he looks like he's playing within himself, and in a team as good as ours thats just not good enough.

The seasons running out, and this seasons the one where he has to prove that he's more than just a couple of bright moments. The main issue he has is that he never stamps himself on games, he's so timid and passive. As far as I'm concerned it's not ability, which he's shown he's got, it's his mentality, he looks like he's playing within himself, and in a team as good as ours thats just not good enough.

Considering all his red cards and dynamism in Germany, it's really thrown me how timid he is

Yeah

As in I'm presently thinking he's shit, based on performances this far

I started wearily positive

Then ambivalent

Now I think he's shit

Are you with me?

I feel like you're struggling with things like "time" and "opinions"

I have no problem if you think is is shit or good. Your opinion on that is as good as mine. And I never tought I struggle with time. But you open with a post saying "
[bcolor=#fdfbf8]moment he's doing his best gini/shithouse ghost impression for me". For the moment he has been injured and played 1 game. So I asked if you based it on 1 game only. But your answer is it is about 2 years. So your moment of Gini dogshit ghosting is 2 years? Who got the problem with timing then? If do admittely have problem following your 2 years moments so in a wa it is obviously correct I struggle with time, but then I can't discuss this issue with you either.[/bcolor]

I have no problem if you think is is shit or good. Your opinion on that is as good as mine. And I never tought I struggle with time. But you open with a post saying "
[bcolor=#fdfbf8]moment he's doing his best gini/shithouse ghost impression for me". For the moment he has been injured and played 1 game. So I asked if you based it on 1 game only. But your answer is it is about 2 years. So your moment of Gini dogshit ghosting is 2 years? Who got the problem with timing then? If do admittely have problem following your 2 years moments so in a wa it is obviously correct I struggle with time, but then I can't discuss this issue with you either.[/bcolor]

I'm all for a lengthy pedantic debate on chronological terminology, but not fucking here, thanks anyway Dr Who

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom