• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Liverpool 4-3 DOrtmund and Andy 2 (AET)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out very recently that my wife is pregnant.
This felt like the end of the world to the 42 year old me. I was down, depressed even. I felt the world was against me.
Then she found out that it was twins. And I have to fight the urge every day to not fling myself in front of the Central line at St Pauls.

Now im thinking, its a perfect storm. The last time we won anything of significance Molly was born. Ive waited until this day, my age, my bad back, my misery, my likelyhood of being driven mental or into an early grave for this. For us to win this.
And little Jurgen and little Phillipe will be signs of our success forever.

Congrats Andy.

That Origi goal is a fucking amazing goal btw. Amazing. Just watching it again.

Oh yeah, just watched the highlights again. What a play there by Can, imperiously cutting through the middle, receiving and redistributing the ball like a boss before the final ball to Origi.

Moreno to Can to Milner to Can to Firmino to Can to Origi to goal - what a brilliant sequence there and Origi's touch and finishing was very sweet.

Last edited:
Any word on Can? Couldnt really see what happened when he got injured.
Left Anfield on crutches and with a protective boot on his right leg.

Need him for the semis.

But what about the times when they're beating the shite out of each other?
Hahaha. There's loads of them, obv, but it's remarkable how quickly it changes.

Luke yesterday was having an argument with Isabelle (she's got the art of winding him up down to perfection, being all of three years old & thinking she's fifteen) & said he wished girls were extinct so she wasn't there. That's because he wished her dead the other day & was told he couldn't say that, so he's using up other variables, wasn't born, was dead, had disappeared etc etc & then being told he can't say them.

So quite literally five minutes later they're all on the dancefloor & she runs out of his sight. He stands there panicking & tells me & Bex, almost screaming in panic, then runs up screaming to the redcoat near the stage to find her.

She was about ten yards away hidden from sight by a lard arse. He gave her a huge big hug & stopped crying.

_89244407_dortmund.png

I wasn't following the match thread while the game was going on - did anyone else think Hummels should've been given a second yellow for pulling back Origi on that counter attack that Sturridge was leading? The ref played the advantage and we ended up wasting that chance, but surely there were grounds for the ref to book Hummels after that?

Also, just seen some of the stats:

Liverpool - 19 shots, 4 on target... 4 goals! The commentators on the Fox stream I had were saying we hadn't tested Weidenfeller in the first half. Looks like he didn't have a save to make in the second half too. 😀

We really needed that result in the greater context of things. After the League Cup Final, I thought our knack of snatching back victories in big games was long gone with the likes of Gerrard. It seemed our luck, and sheer will to win, while simultaneously providing an entertaining & heart stopping fightback, was long gone. This team was too brittle, lacking in leaders, experience and a clear understanding of what it means to play for the club and to maintain it's history.

I know it's a cliche, but like the games against Olympiakos, Roma, Barcelona & Madrid in recent years, hopefully this match is a cornerstone to Klopp's Liverpool career and the start of something brilliant.

Last edited:
I wasn't following the match thread while the game was going on - did anyone else think Hummels should've been given a second yellow for pulling back Origi on that counter attack that Sturridge was leading? The ref played the advantage and we ended up wasting that chance, but surely there were grounds for the ref to book Hummels after that?
Did he play advantage ? I think he just missed it to be honest but yeahcp that could easily have been a second yellow

Brilliant, could Lawro sound less arsed though? Contrast his reactions to Aldo going ape-shit.

A Red I know just e-mailed me to say he had the FiveLive commentary on while a mate of his was round there. Seems the other guy heard Lawrenson and asked "Who's that drip?".

To see Kenny and Rushie singing YNWA ... They're just like us now ... Fans ... What a night ... what a fucking night.

Score before Old Faithful stepped up: Liverpool 0 Dortmund 2.
Score after Old Faithful got going: Liverpool 4 Dortmund 1.

Is it time I applied for an honorary season ticket for the old warhorse?
You need to buy spare components and parts for it now, keep them safe, just in case they stop making them.

I still get goosebumps watching that last goal go in. And I've probably seen it at least 5 times now. Three sweet pieces of play (Milner's pass, Sturridge's pass and Milner's run and cross); two miscontrols (Sturridge's first touch, Milner's heavy touch), two recoveries (Sturridge, Milner), and then an accurate header. Flawed execution, beautiful result.

I don't know whether that was a planned move it not but it was perfect.

When we got the free kick I assumed Lovren had given the game away with his Van Basten effort. Their tactic of putting everyone together in the middle was undone by it and that move was never going to work as well a second time.

Sturridge and Milner played it excellently.

It seems like our set pieces are improving, granted Sakho's goal involved a bit of luck with the two defenders in front not getting a touch on the underhit corner but he was free because of Lovren's block on his marker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom