• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Liverpool 4-3 DOrtmund and Andy 2 (AET)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out very recently that my wife is pregnant.
This felt like the end of the world to the 42 year old me. I was down, depressed even. I felt the world was against me.
Then she found out that it was twins. And I have to fight the urge every day to not fling myself in front of the Central line at St Pauls.

Now im thinking, its a perfect storm. The last time we won anything of significance Molly was born. Ive waited until this day, my age, my bad back, my misery, my likelyhood of being driven mental or into an early grave for this. For us to win this.
And little Jurgen and little Phillipe will be signs of our success forever.
Congrats fella, twins.. Wow..

Ok it's late, I have work tomorrow and I need to try to go to bed. I'm not going to even bother waking up the wife to make it an even better night - I'm not Andy'ing ... no way. Good night ... Another amazing night - and a privilege to do it yet again with you wankers (and to MANY many more ingshallah)

I found out very recently that my wife is pregnant.
This felt like the end of the world to the 42 year old me. I was down, depressed even. I felt the world was against me.
Then she found out that it was twins. And I have to fight the urge every day to not fling myself in front of the Central line at St Pauls.

Now im thinking, its a perfect storm. The last time we won anything of significance Molly was born. Ive waited until this day, my age, my bad back, my misery, my likelyhood of being driven mental or into an early grave for this. For us to win this.
And little Jurgen and little Phillipe will be signs of our success forever.

Wow. Amazing. All the best, bruvva!

Congrats Andy. Tonight was also the perfect night to accept that your life is now over til you're 60.
Give over. He's only 42 ... I was paying university fees until she was 22. That takes Andy to 64 and one year off retirement - he'll enjoy a well earned rest then 😉

Congrats Andy !

Congrats @Herr Onceared. I'd love to be able to raise 3 kids, although I probably way underestimate the amount of work involved. Still, if my wife tells me she's pregnant tomorrow I'll be very happy and only slightly terrified.

Ok it's late, I have work tomorrow and I need to try to go to bed. I'm not going to even bother waking up the wife to make it an even better night - I'm not Andy'ing ... no way. Good night ... Another amazing night - and a privilege to do it yet again with you wankers (and to MANY many more ingshallah)
Late ?! Late ?!?! It's 07.00 here and I'm still waiting for the heavy eyelids (of course I've watched the highlights twice and goals 4 times so it's no surprise I'm not feeling heavy lidded) !

Totally blown away by every bit of it.

From walking in there and seeing their fans... I mean without doubt the best away support I've ever seen at Anfield. There was a Dortmund dude right in front of me. Pissed me off with all his jumping around early on if I'm honest, but these things have a habit of sorting themselves out. But the totally electric atmos... to the shit being kicked out of it in the first ten mins... (at which point I logged into a betting account I had £6.46 in and put it all on us at 20/1) to the dude next to me who walked out at half time, to Origi's goal, to begging for Allen and Sturridge to come on for Firmino and Lallana, to Reus scoring again and that change happening too late, so we thought, to Coutinho scoring and suddenly realising, this is actually going to happen. We are defo going to win this. And even if we don't it's been at least the best game here since Olympiakos. And then when you need a couple of goals with 15 mins to spare knowing you can always rely on Sakho and Lovren. Probably the best game I've ever seen at Anfield. All things considered.

What a boss night.

I came out the pub and walked up to another one with my also LFC supporting mate. We were a bit happy. As we passed the place where the Minerva lizard future rulers of the Netherlands were holding a party a couple came out from the columns in tuxedo and ballgown and got on a bike. I commented to my friend that I hate fucking lizards and I hope they crash. Within 30 seconds they managed to crash into another group of lizards crossing the road.

We cheered as though we had scored a fifth goal. Applause broke out all around. A big mangled group of future government ministers.

Boss night.

Last edited:
Origi manhandled a world class CB ... too quick, too powerful ... it's INCREDIBLE how much he's advanced under Klopp. Remember Owen berating him about his runs earlier on in the competition? Today, "great run" "another great run" ... He seems smarter on the pitch, too strong for most CBs, too quick for most players ... What a player we have on our hands if continues on this trajectory.
Not only that he's improved his touch, hold up play and ball retention.

It's truly incredible how much better he looks in a span of six months.

Lovren has missed how many easier potential goals from set pieces over the last two years yet he comes up with THAT goal in that situation. Hard to believe.

Sakho's celebration was boss. Proper flexing like Arnold at Mr. Olympia.

As I was going to bed after having calmed down, I realized that all 7 goals had been scored at the Kop end. I'm not sure I've seen more goals scored facing the Kop before that.

It's not you, @Herr Onceared?
An elated Liverpool fan has named his newborn son Dejan - in honour of Liverpool goalscorer Dejan Lovren's remarkable last minute winner against Borussia Dortmund.
The supporter was watching the drama unfold at Anfield from a hospital where his wife was in the process of giving birth.
As Dejan Lovren headed in to complete the unbelievable comeback, the new father called BBC Five Live to say he would mark the feat by naming his son 'Dejan', after the Reds' hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom