• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol.

Results like this are why football is the worlds greatest sport .anything is possible and records and formbooks are only their to be smashed on torn up.

Roll on Utd.

Because you don't debate. You just insult. You seem increasingly willing to defend Rodgers because people are having a go at him, rather than because you believe in him.

Debate what? Give me a reasonable debate and I'll talk, tag me in a post to be a smarmy cunt and I'm the one in the wrong? Do me a favour, tackle the antagonists first for once.

Debate what? Give me a reasnable debate and I'll talk, tag me in a post to be a smarmy cunt and I'm the one in the wrong? Do me a favour, tackle the antagonists first for once.
Its not the first time is it mark. I don't think ive read a football based defence of Rodgers from you.

You're the notable Rodgers defender (in a fashion), and you always leap on other people. Now you're being leapt on you don't seem to like it.

Because we don't debate. We just insult. We seem increasingly willing to attack Rodgers because people arent having a go at him, rather than because we don't believe in him.

Two sides to every story..

Hard to defend Rodgers after this one. Horrible performance that exposed many of the flaws that the first 3 games glossed over.

Lucas and Lovren too slow for stopping counter-attacks. Gomez isn't a problem, but playing a CB at LB sometimes has its drawbacks, especially when we're missing creativity and speed from elsewhere. I'm not a fan, but this would have been a good game to have Lallana available, he's better at operating in congested spaces. Can is so lazy defensively sometimes. Firmino created our best attacking moment of the game, but he does seem like he needs some time to get used to the intensity of this league and there were no signs of any partnership between him and Benteke, which I was so hoping to see. And whenever we find it a bit hard to break through, we just resort to lumping crosses in the direction of Benteke – exactly what I feared.

Coutinho's red card was unfortunate, but Rodgers' tactical changes didn't help either. I under It's a damning indictment of his abilities as a manager that time and time again he makes inexplicable, illogical decisions when under pressure, such as switching to 3 at the back (+ Lucas) when 2 goals down. Conceding 2 goals due to defensive mistakes is understandable, but the lack of any kind of response and not even a single shot on target the whole game is shocking and unacceptable.

Two sides to every story..
But people are giving reasons for their problems with him

Our tactics, our signings, his treatment of players

There's more of a reason to question/attack him than there is to defend him this point.

I've yet to see a decent defence of him... Which is completely ironic based on his defender of choice

Lol.

Results like this are why football is the worlds greatest sport .anything is possible and records and formbooks are only their to be smashed on torn up.

Roll on Utd.
Thats probably the most sensible post in this thread to be fair.

Its not the first time is it mark. I don't think ive read a football based defence of Rodgers from you.

You're the notable Rodgers defender (in a fashion), and you always leap on other people. Now you're being leapt on you don't seem to like it.

Go and read reasoned discussions I've had with Macca and others over the Summer. I didn't leap on anything, I GOT TAGGED IN A POST!!!!! So who was looking for it?

"it's not the first time Mark", did you really just say that?, I feel like I should do lines or stand in a corner or something.

But people are giving reasons for their problems with him

Our tactics, our signings, his treatment of players

There's more of a reason to question/attack him than there is to defend him this point.

I've yet to see a decent defence of him... Which is completely ironic based on his defender of choice
There isnt one to be fair.
We finished 2nd is that enough to keep the faith? It isnt is it?
The good 1 second place finish.
Coutinho.

The bad.....
I dont know where to start.

I still want to believe in him, the fact of the matter is he isnt tactically good enough. Great players have done great things at times for us but when have we Mourinhoed a game? Like out thought and out manouvred a team. One we may not have of course.

Now its West Ham added to Palace, Stoke, Villa and other bang average teams to make us look like a pub team.
We have no identity. And without any world class players we look like a bang average premier league side.

Go and read reasoned discussions I've had with Macca and others over the Summer. I didn't leap on anything, I GOT TAGGED IN A POST!!!!! So who was looking for it?

"it's not the first time Mark", did you really just say that?, I feel like I should do lines or standin a corner or something.
This instance you were tagged, others you've not been.

I remember your debates with Macca... You could try and defend him now like that , rather than just calling people smug cunts

Be nice if you could, because at the moment you're a parody of a RAWK member

This instance you were tagged, others you've not been.

I remember your debates with Macca... You could try and defend him now like that , rather than just calling people smug cunts

Be nice if you could, because at the moment you're a parody of a RAWK member

I think Lucas is rubbish and I love Carragher, so you're dead wrong.

There isnt one to be fair.
We finished 2nd is that enough to keep the faith? It isnt is it?
The good 1 second place finish.
Coutinho.

The bad.....
I dont know where to start.

I still want to believe in him, the fact of the matter is he isnt tactically good enough. Great players have done great things at times for us but when have we Mourinhoed a game? Like out thought and out manouvred a team. One we may not have of course.

Now its West Ham added to Palace, Stoke, Villa and other bang average teams to make us look like a pub team.
We have no identity. And without any world class players we look like a bang average premier league side.
This is why it's concerning.

We have no identity. I can't even see what type of football we play. High pressing? Nope. Counter attack? Nope. Tika taka? Nope.

We've got no cohesion. There's nothing between defence and midfield. Midfield and strikers. It's like we don't HAVE tactics

Its probably worth pointing out that we now have a -1 goal difference after 4 games and after spending 160m on attacking players in 18 months.

Stoke - last minute worldy saved us. 3 legit pts JUST.
Bournemouth - should have conceeded goal shouldnt have stood LUCKY
Arsenal - perfectly good goal for them dissallowed. LUCKY
West Ham - battered LOST

We are so lucky to be on 7 points we should by rights be on 3 and that spawny as fuck.

4 games 2 goals 3 against 1 shot on target again today.

Its really poor.
We played well against Arsenal for a half and created ONE clear chance.
I cant think of many more in any of the other games.

Its probably worth pointing out that we now have a -1 goal difference after 4 games and after spending 160m on attacking players in 18 months.

Stoke - last minute worldy saved us. 3 legit pts JUST.
Bournemouth - should have conceeded goal shouldnt have stood LUCKY
Arsenal - perfectly good goal for them dissallowed. LUCKY
West Ham - battered LOST

We are so lucky to be on 7 points we should by rights be on 3 and that spawny as fuck.

4 games 2 goals 3 against 1 shot on target again today.

Its really poor.
We played well against Arsenal for a half and created ONE clear chance.
I cant think of many more in any of the other games.

It's only what I and a few others have been saying for a couple of weeks.

And getting e-lynched for doing so, needless to say.

We've been playing shit. We played shit all last season.

Performances matter. They identify a trend and help us predict the future.

In my line of work you will occassionally pull a manager out of a high functioning team and put him into a team that is underachieving hoping that he will make the difference and awaken said sleeping giant.

There are two outcomes. One youve made a great choice and the manager makes the difference and sorts the new place out and was strong enough that he left behind a decent enough back fill that the drop off in the previous team isnt that noticable.

The other is that the manager fails in the new place and the team he leaves behind see no drop off and if anything progress.

Swansea look good ay?

It's only what I and a few others have been saying for a couple of weeks.

And getting e-lynched for doing so, needless to say.

We've been playing shit. We played shit all last season.

Performances matter. They identify a trend and help us predict the future.
I havnt had a go at anyone Peter. I was totally willing to give the man the start of the season.
Seasons started and I see nothing new.

Also Firmino looks shit. Anyone else noticed that?

"The first goal is a cheap goal and that gave them a motivation and fight. The second was a mistake, which can happen. We started brightly and then had Coutinho sent off. I didn't think that was a sending off and neither was the one for Noble as well.

"We didn't defend moments well at all. We need to be much better than that. That opportunity to work the goalkeeper didn't happen. We are disappointed but we'll reflect on it and come back and look to win our next game."

We didn't defend well eh. No shit. We need to be much better eh. No shit.

4 seasons and you still can't sort it, fucking knob.

The strange thing is, I think this squad is not so bad, minus a fit Sturridge and maybe another player or two. It really is the simple fact that this manager is a complete guesser who talks the talk but when the chips are down, he hasn't got a clue. I reckon any half decent manager could make a better fist of things with this squad. While Rodgers is in charge, forget any talk of winning anything.

I havnt had a go at anyone Peter. I was totally willing to give the man the start of the season.
Seasons started and I see nothing new.

Also Firmino looks shit. Anyone else noticed that?

Oh I know you haven't had a go.

Firmino I think is a good player but I was never particularly in favour of his signing. He wasn't someone we really needed IMO. You have to build teams around a guy like that, because he's not really versatile. IMO he needs to be playing as a second striker or just a little deeper as the 10.

I'd guess his signing is yet more evidence of the dysfunctional situation whereby Rodgers gets some players and the committee gets others, and neither of them particularly care about complementing their choices with the other's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom