• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as we have Skrtel and Lovren at the back, we're pretty fucked.

However, to go with a lone striker at home vs West Ham is criminal. Benteke is way too isolated and Coutinho and Firmino never run beyond. Our problem is that we have too much choice - when we had Suarez and Sturridge, it was simply a case of build the team around them. Now, we're reliant on the team moulding into Rodgers' tactics but there's nothing particularly clever about them it seems. What's strange is that his original ethos of smothering the opposition and tiki taka has seemingly done one, so I'm not quite sure, what his style is now.

Of course it doesn't help when you gift the opposition goals and a numerical advantage.

In my line of work you will occassionally pull a manager out of a high functioning team and put him into a team that is underachieving hoping that he will make the difference and awaken said sleeping giant.

There are two outcomes. One youve made a great choice and the manager makes the difference and sorts the new place out and was strong enough that he left behind a decent enough back fill that the drop off in the previous team isnt that noticable.

The other is that the manager fails in the new place and the team he leaves behind see no drop off and if anything progress.

Swansea look good ay?

So true. Barcelona look great with Suarez too.

But at least Rodgers got new teeth.

Give him more than 2 games and he may start doing so.
For the record I didnt say he was shit or will be. Just looks a bang average player right now.
Scott Sinclair has done more in the last 2 games.

Firmino had no pre season and is adjusting to the league. He looked decent today and that shot deserved a better fate.

Give him time. He'll be boss.

@Robbie9Fowler: @Petermcdowall10 need more than a pub son.... Possibly worst I've ever seen

Give him more than 2 games and he may start doing so.

Well he's played 4 games now. And at no point did I write him off. I simply replied to a comment and stated we need to see a lot more than 'potential' from a £29m signing which is fair.

Didnt see you posting anything during the last few games, you smug prick. Are you really that desperate?

Prick? Perhaps.
Smug? Not a chance. I'm not one of the forum cunts who wants us to lose in order to oust Rodgers.

I haven't been posting much, because I don't feel a compelling need to stick my opinion in on everything. Any fool can see we're not optimally performing and you don't need me here to say it. For the record, I have actually been enjoying your destruction of Peter from a distance. It was making me like you again.

You, on the other hand, are utterly, utterly incapable of letting a single comment go by without feeling the need to be the Rodgers police. Talk about lazy agenda (fyi - words that you massively overuse.)

So. Now that we are staring at the arse end of another hiding at home, which appears to be due to poor choices of team selection / formation / tactics, all you have is to resort to name calling? I dare you, no I double dare you to even try to defend Rodgers on this one.

Oh and if you call me a prick again, I'll shove the internet up your arse, cocksmoker.

Prick? Perhaps.
Smug? Not a chance. I'm not one of the forum cunts who wants us to lose in order to oust Rodgers.

I haven't been posting much, because I don't feel a compelling need to stick my opinion in on everything. Any fool can see we're not optimally performing and you don't need me here to say it. For the record, I have actually been enjoying your destruction of Peter from a distance. It was making me like you again.

You, on the other hand, are utterly, utterly incapable of letting a single comment go by without feeling the need to be the Rodgers police. Talk about lazy agenda (fyi - words that you massively overuse.)

So. Now that we are staring at the arse end of another hiding at home, which appears to be due to poor choices of team selection / formation / tactics, all you have is to resort to name calling? I dare you, no I double dare you to even try to defend Rodgers on this one.

Oh and if you call me a prick again, I'll shove the internet up your arse, cocksmoker.

Erm, destruction?

I'll remember that you twat.

Anyway, back to the game. Apart from the performance itself, I thought we were horribly lacking in leadership on the pitch. I was quite critical of Gerrard during his final season but fuck me, there was an enormous Gerrard-shaped hole in that team today. Irrespective of their quality, we are so lacking a Carragher, Gerrard or Suarez.

Can someone translate what Rodgers means by "honest group of players". Did Suarez count as honest? I wouldn't think so. And I want many more of him.

Arguments on here, and a mate of mine who was at the game heard there was a bit of a scuffle in Anfield Road stand. Saw someone on RAWK mention it as well.

Fair to say that was a shit day all round.

David Gold:

[article]​"It was a well deserved victory and there was nothing fortunate about it. I cannot tell you how excited I am and we have made history.

​"I spoke to Darren Randolph and joked he will not get his wages because he didn't have to make a save!!"[/article]

Can someone translate what Rodgers means by "honest group of players". Did Suarez count as honest? I wouldn't think so. And I want many more of him.
I think he was just trotting out one of the standard phrases managers turn to when they're protecting their players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom