• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Leicester City (PL) 19.15 Sunday 22 Nov.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Thiago is out with a separate injury to the one sustained in the derby. It's been over a month. He's already missed 10 games for us, and if I'm right, that's 3 separate issues that have already kept him out of the team.

I was one of those that was worried about his injury record before he signed. He seems to pick up a lot of them.

There was talk on the Anfield Wrap that Thiago might well have trained but in a different area and wasn't seen because the new training place is much bigger. Purely speculation.

He had his own special training regime at Bayern. He could have that here, although for a Klopp team that sounds odd. But the secrecy around him is getting silly. He was scheduled to do a Q and A with hacks a fortnight ago and that didn't happen. And there's been silence since.

But 90 mins away to Israel. Thats such a stupid decision. Thankfully no international games until March now.

Guy I know met Robbo in the airport, gave him a pic and autograph. Great lad.

Who's available for the game?

Becker

xxx
xxx
Matip
Robbo

Hendo
Gini
xxxxx

Jota
Bobby
Mane

Becker

xxx
xxx
Matip
Robbo

Hendo
Gini
xxxxx

Jota
Bobby
Mane

Neco or Milner at RB, Rhys or Fabs at center back.
Naby or Milner in midfield.
I like Shaq, but his defending is not good enough for a three man midfield, and he has massive impact from the bench.
I'd get him on for Jota the last 30 for instance.

Becker

xxx
xxx
Matip
Robbo

Hendo
Gini
xxxxx

Jota
Bobby
Mane
Keita played international games so he’ll probably be injured for 6 weeks. Joking aside he could be the third midfielder.

Neco or Millie at right back, and I imagine Phillips next to matip, since Rhys picked up a knock

Could be keita in mid, but it could be Jones

Neco or Millie at right back, and I imagine Phillips next to matip, since Rhys picked up a knock

Yes, you are right. Both Phillips and Jones should be in there, particularly Jones.
Would Phillips be less suited to deal with a speedster like Vardy?

I thought the Rhys 'knock' had been dispelled as fake news?

We could also play Robbo at RB and Tsimitas at LB.

Is he? Thought he was sent back with a hip knock

With a hip knock here, and a hip knock there, here a knock, there a knock, everywhere a hip knock...

Actually it doesn't sound too bad:

"He had a very minor stiff hip," said U21s boss Aidy Boothroyd "It was in his best interests to get him back to Liverpool. With all the players, if there's any potential injuries or niggles then our medical staff is in contact with the club".

He had his own special training regime at Bayern. He could have that here, although for a Klopp team that sounds odd. But the secrecy around him is getting silly. He was scheduled to do a Q and A with hacks a fortnight ago and that didn't happen. And there's been silence since.

Have a feeling he's needing surgery. Don't think we'll see him again this side of Christmas.

I reckon Thiago is out with a separate injury to the one sustained in the derby. It's been over a month. He's already missed 10 games for us, and if I'm right, that's 3 separate issues that have already kept him out of the team.

I was one of those that was worried about his injury record before he signed. He seems to pick up a lot of them.

Having your leg nearly broken and getting Covid-19 isnt relatable to what your trying to point out though, and there has been no mention of a third issue.

Having your leg nearly broken and getting Covid-19 isnt relatable to what your trying to point out though, and there has been no mention of a third issue.
What is his injury right now?

Because he's been threatening to be fit for a match day for the last 5 weeks

There's a very fucking weird silence over all this

If we play Robbo in the PL I hope we manage to rest him in the CL - we need to give him some good rest over the next month whilst we can to ensure he's on it for PL games.

Do we know if Hendo is out?

I think we'll see:

-------------Alisson------------
Milner--Matip--Nate--Robbo
---------Hendo--Gini--------- Jones in here if Hendo is out
-------------Naby---------------
--Jota-----Bobby------Mane--

Good subs still around that in Shaq, Jones, Tsimikas, Neco.

What is his injury right now?

Because he's been threatening to be fit for a match day for the last 5 weeks

There's a very fucking weird silence over all this

Let me just put on my doctor hat, there.
He’s been injured since 17th of October, and had a scan a few days later on that knee.
Klopp said he wouldnt be able to return until the knee was 100% fit for full training.
Given the possible outcome was a long term injury I’m guessing their careful with him.
Mirror reported that he was close to full training now, so lets see.

Leicester's Injury List.

Defo out : Soyuncu, Ndidi, Amartey.
Probably Out : Castagne, Fofana, Pereira.

We rarely disclose information about injuries. And if his leg was nearly broken, how did he play on? Not to say he wasn't injured in that tackle, but I don't think it was enough to keep him out this long when he carried on and played to a high level.

I just parroted and then deleted a stupid stat about how many games Gini had played this year

Anyways the truth is he's played 8 premier league games and 5 internationals and coulda played more. Whose idea was this? It's fucking nuts

We rarely disclose information about injuries. And if his leg was nearly broken, how did he play on? Not to say he wasn't injured in that tackle, but I don't think it was enough to keep him out this long when he carried on and played to a high level.

The scan showed ligament damage didnt it? But he escaped a long term injury.
He said to Klopp immidiatly after the game that he thought his knee was injured. Playing on says something about his character no?

I just parroted and then deleted a stupid stat about how many games Gini had played this year

Anyways the truth is he's played 8 premier league games and 5 internationals and coulda played more. Whose idea was this? It's fucking nuts

Havent Gini been offered a new contract now? Read that on Liverpool.no yesterday.

The scan showed ligament damage didnt it? But he escaped a long term injury.
He said to Klopp immidiatly after the game that he thought his knee was injured. Playing on says something about his character no?

I don't recall anything about ligament damage being released, but stand corrected if you can point me in the right direction.

I'm not doubting his character, I don't know anything about him, in fact, his character is probably top drawer. But if it was an injury that was serious enough to rule him out for over a month and counting, I doubt he would've been able to play on. I reckon it's something else.

The club are secretive over injuries, but this definitely seems like a new one to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom