• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Loaned players Watch - 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coady: Sheff Utd 1-1 Walsall

[article]Despite a slow start, the Blades were the more adventurous in the opening 20 minutes. Coady and Lappin delivered teasing crosses and the first serious chance, on 16 minutes, saw Coady's flicked header from Lappin's corner kicked off the line by Butler.

With both sides battling for midfield supremacy, opportunities were limited at both ends. Walsall had to wait until the 36th minute before registering their first chances - a run and shot from Baxendale - whilst for the Blades, Coady let fly with 30-yarder which was just wide.

A curling Coady cross caused a moment of nervousness for goalkeeper O'Donnell but as the half wore on the visitors looked the more comfortable in possession - a rasping shot from Hemmings deflected off Lappin and was clawed away by Long and then substitute Sawyers then produced a neat touch but McGinn cleared.[/article]

Full match report at http://www.sufc.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-report/index.aspx?MatchId=3631526#yVga2PA7L5Z7P7ah.99

Kristoffer Peterson: Tranmere 2-1 Colchester United
[article=http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/article/moore-301113-1205897.aspx#cBvTlB0lTCpcY0sU.99]Ronnie Moore: "Kristoffer had me on the waltzers, never mind their full back. I thought he was awesome, he was a credit to Liverpool the way he came in and adapted.

"He was only 19 the other day. He's got fantastic pace and he's hungry. He's going to play at the top level.[/article]

[article=http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/article/report-301113-1205900.aspx#v2LJrE5JpTx5Gblv.99]There could easily have been more goals in the game, with both teams missing good chances, while there was an impressive debut from Liverpool loanee Kristoffer Peterson.

Peterson, who was showing some good early touches, found Wallace outside the area and the captain drove at the defence before seeing his bottom corner bound effort tipped around the post by U's keeper Sam Walker. From the resulting corner Chris Atkinson's cross was headed goalwards by Wallace and Ryan Lowe diverted it past the defender on the post and into the net for his 11th goal of the season.

Akpa Akpro shot across goal and wide of the right hand post 20 seconds into the second half and Rovers' bright start continued with a long run from Peterson down the left before the winger cut inside and forced Walker into a save.

Peterson tested Walker on 59 minutes and the winger ran at Wilson before hitting his shot into a defender five minutes later.

Peterson picked up possession from Kirby on 73 minutes and again he ran at the U's defence before drilling a low ball through the six yard box for Lowe but he couldn't react fast enough to turn the ball past Walker from a couple of yards out.

Another direct run from Peterson set up a chance for Akpa Akpro on 74 minutes but Walker went untested as the curling shot went past the far post.

There was one last chance for Tranmere but Peterson's 20 yard effort was saved by Walker, while Colchester pulled a goal back in the fourth minute of added time when Clinton Morrison curled into the bottom corner following a corner.[/article]

Conor Coady: Leyton Orient 1-1 Sheff Utd

20131130-l-conor-coady-cele-vorient135-1206427.jpg

[article=http://www.sufc.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-report/index.aspx?MatchId=3631564]Liverpool loanee Conor Coady's first senior goal gave the Blades the lead but Dean Cox levelled for Leyton Orient, his half-volley looping into the top corner from the edge of the box.

The lead, however, was just moments away for the travelling fans. Baxter and White - who took a whack in the face for his troubles - battled away before Porter unselfishly laid off into the path of the advancing Coady, who calmly placed home his first Blades goal.[/article]

[article=http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-loanee-andre-wisdom-tremendous-2871245#ixzz2mBcgB4Kv]Derby boss Steve McClaren claims he's putting young Andre Wisdom on the fast track to success – despite the on-loan England Under-21 skipper getting his Porsche stuck in a mud pool.

Liverpool starlet Wisdom, 20, joined Derby on a season-long deal on October 22.

But he found himself stranded in the mud down a country lane last month after getting lost on his way to Pride Park, and following his SatNav's instructions.

Rams boss McClaren insists he is turning Derby into a destination of choice for Premier League clubs looking to put their best young talent on the right road.

McClaren takes his team to Wigan today looking to push into the play-off places.

And he said: "Andre has been a tremendous addition for us.

"He has pace and strength, gets forward and uses the ball well.

"Our back four is starting to look like it can deal with crosses and set-pieces which are so important at this level.

"We think we can be good for Andre too.

"We hope we have an ethos at Derby that we will play the game the right way and that means Premier League clubs will look at us and feel they can send their best young players and trust us to help them develop.

"They know we will give them an education, help them to play the game the right way."[/article]

[article=http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/article/peterson-011213-1207696.aspx?#GBrYK2MLtPEqREbz.99]Kris Peterson was last off the pitch after Tranmere's 2-1 home win over Colchester United.

The winger was keen to soak up every moment of his debut on loan from Liverpool before receiving his two Man of the Match awards from sponsors and supporters.

The 19-year old was a constant threat on the attack for Rovers, creating a number of chances for himself and his team mates.

"It was a great experience to play in a real Football League game in front of fantastic fans and I absolutely loved it," he told Tranmere Player.

"It was my first 90 minute game for a while and I was really tired at the end but it was like being a kid again. When I was a kid I just got the ball and ran and ran and ran. I didn't even think I was tired, when you have the ball at your feet all the problems go away and you just enjoy it.

"You never know where you're going to end up but to have an experience like this is perfect. I'm not really ready for the Premier League yet but to test my wings in League 1 in all parts of the game, physical and with the ball, it is great.

"I should have scored but I was close to setting up one and I created a few chances. If I hadn't created chances that would be a problem. But if I create chances the goals will come."

Peterson joined up with his team mates a day before the game after sealing his one month youth loan move across the River Mersey from Liverpool.
Now at Prenton Park, he's eager to make a good impression.

He added: "[The loan move] has been brilliant. I can still live in my apartment and I know a lot about Tranmere from living in Liverpool. It's all positive and a positive frame of mind brings positive things. I want to keep being positive and enjoying it because it's football.

"I can run with the ball but I want to show people I can tackle as well. That's a part of my game I need to improve on, that's why I signed. I can be even better at running with the ball but tackles are part of the game as well.

"As a kid I dreamed about football and I still do every night. I'm just going to keep working hard to fulfil my dream.

[Brendan Rodgers] is a fantastic manager and I want to impress him while I'm here. I want to impress everyone and show what I'm about. I want to show myself that I can be a good footballer."[/article]

Good to see Peterson going on loan and getting minutes; the lad has good physique and pace, likes to take on his man, and makes proper decisions more often than not, unlike his predecessor Toni Silva. Hopefully he'll get to stay there longer after the emergency loan stint; getting minutes weekly beats playing the odd reserves game now and then.

Peterson seems to be making steady progress. Signed in 2010 when he was only 15, a season with the U18 in 2011-12 (5 goals in 22 appearances) and then being involved with the reserves team in 2012-13 and 2013-14 (total of 10 starts, 3 sub appearances and a goal) before this loan to Tranmere in League 1.

Saw this on LFCTV. He is going to come back and make it, I know it.

I really hope he does. He's doing well at Almeria he's actually so important to them that they had him as back up on the bench in the cup (played league minnows Las Palmas) but they won so he wasn't needed.

Lol, another player takes it, scores. The ref deems that it has to be retaken because one of the players ran into the box.
Pen gets retaken, skies it.

Lol, another player takes it, scores. The ref deems that it has to be retaken because one of the players ran into the box.
Pen gets retaken, skies it.

Again, this is an awful awful game.

Suso keeps misplacing passes too.

And now Suso gets subbed. Not surprising given how little work he was putting in - either he's fucked or rather lazy!

And now Suso gets subbed. Not surprising given how little work he was putting in - either he's fucked or rather lazy!
Agreed, poor performance from Suso. He usually works hard for the team, looked uninspired today.
Needs to improve his fitness.
This is why often tell people that he isn't ready to come back.

Rumours that Suso has been disciplined by the club. Caught drinking before the game.
Twitter account closed.

If it's true, I think he's a bit too comfortable in Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom