• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Madrid Away Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a lot going on, and I couldn't watch us lose week after week.

Tuned in yesterday for the first time in a while, and I'm shocked at how bad we've become.

of course we can turn it around, but belief was a big part of Klopp's teams and it's gone for now.

Our defense is just terrible. Not much going forward either. What the hell is going on.

Has Jurgen lost the lads? WTF?

If he doesn’t stop and have a good hard look at some of the gaping issues that have all been pointed out here for fucking months, he will lose the players, if he hasn’t already. There is something fucking wrong!

That away goal is going to be vital. I don't fear Madrid. Scoring two or more goals at Anfield shouldn't normally be a problem.
My only worry is that I have no clue which Liverpool team that will turn up. The one that beat Arsenal or the inept one we've seen over the past few months

Don't understand why people are having a go at Keita, when Gini was absent from Real's half of the pitch virtually the whole first half.
Keita was our only midfield attacking midfield player; and it was three of Real's midfield vs Keita.
The wrong player was subbed in my books. It should have been Gini

Don't understand why people are having a go at Keita, when Gini was absent from Real's half of the pitch virtually the whole first half.
Keita was our only midfield attacking midfield player; and it was three of Real's midfield vs Keita.

Considering Gini’s run created our precious away goal and his overall performance in the 2nd half was much improved, I think that would have been a bad idea.

Considering Gini’s run created our precious away goal and his overall performance in the 2nd half was much improved, I think that would have been a bad idea.
Yes, He improved second half, and yes he helped create the goal, but than in no way should take away from his performance, or that should be, lack of performance in the first half, and who is to say that if we hooked Gini instead of Keita we may have done a lot better. Gini step up his game second half and Keita may have done the same

We just monged arsenal off the park with half our players out injured or in shite form. The only mistake he made yesterday was picking that dickhead Keita over Thiago or Jones yesterday. Yes it was a mistake but fuck off with he'll lose the players.

Arsenal are even bigger mongs than us though with a manager who seems to depend on self-help books and quotes than actually managing. I am surprised that Arteta is receiving hardly any criticism from the media. Madrid is a streetsmart team with highly technical players, a manager who has the ability to perform at the biggest of stages, and a bench filled with 40-50 million players. Different gravy.

As with Rodgers, Rafa, and GH, we never had the squad to deal with the loss of form, injuries, inadequate replacement of an important player who was sold, etc. The margin for error is very low. Kinda like a Jenga building tower. One-piece goes and everything comes tumbling down. The reason the tower got so high was the incredible skill of the managers who assembled it. The main difference is that Klopp managed to get us over the line in the league whereas Rafa, GH, and Rodgers train stopped at second place when it came crashing down. And Klopp didn't lose just one piece, he lost the entire foundation due to injuries.

The key difference now is FSG have a lot more trust in Klopp than previous managers had with the owners, at least I hope so. And if the players have issues playing for this manager, gently ease them out of the club, or in the case of mongs like Keita, shoot them from a cannon out of the club.

Not a lot of players on the pitch came out looking good. Just that some of them like Gini have credit in the bank from past performances. Keita has none. So expect the criticisms of him to be harsher.

You’re a fucking idiot.

@Donavan Ried - the way we were going - it would have been another Aston Villa, Kieta had to be taken off because TAA was getting completely exposed when going forward, Keita did not provide the necessary protection and to be honest - it was not entirely his fault anyway, just not the right person when both your midfield team-mates cannot pass to each other or anyone else, and the players up front and your right-back have all left their brains behind somewhere in a Spanish hotel.

But fear not - I have had time to think about next Wednesday - lets look at the positives:

1. we have an away goal.
  2. we were so so shit in that first half - utter shit, that we only lost 3-1 - makes me wonder how shit were Madrid that they only managed to score 3 times ?
  3. our 'other guys' CB's conceded 2 goals WITHOUT ANY midfield protection or ball retention and a brainless TAA half, which if you think about it is quite amazing considering the likes of VVD/Gomez conceded 3 against Barca while the whole team played really well.
  4. I have a suspicion - that they Madrid did well by pacing themselves - that 2nd half later defensive setup was probably forced upon them because their best players are a bunch of aging players so I suspect there was not much running left in them. They got a tough weekend and then us -- and we unlikely to make the same mistakes like last night.

So many good points to take out of the game yesterday !!!

We just monged arsenal off the park with half our players out injured or in shite form. The only mistake he made yesterday was picking that dickhead Keita over Thiago or Jones yesterday. Yes it was a mistake but fuck off with he'll lose the players.

Arsenal are about the 10th best team in England, beating them isn't really a yardstick you can use to assess a team's ability against the elite of European football.

Despite our insipid performance we could easily have come away losing just 2-1 bar that horrendous unforced error from TAA. Not blaming him per se, every player has that in them. However after a couple of days ignoring the media and SCM I've changed my opinion and now believe that 2-0 is not beyond us if we perform as we know we can and do.

Despite our insipid performance we could easily have come away losing just 2-1 bar that horrendous unforced error from TAA. Not blaming him per se, every player has that in them. However after a couple of days ignoring the media and SCM I've changed my opinion and now believe that 2-0 is not beyond us if we perform as we know we can and do.
Everything points to it being beyond us - form, inexperienced defence, shattered confidence, no fans etc

So I agree, we will probably do it

I can see us scoring 2, it's the stopping them from scoring that seems unlikely. It reminded me a bit of the Chelsea game, a team started with confidence came at us and we were not able to press them effectively. We rely on possession and a high press to cover our defensive frailties. That didn't work at all against Madrid because they easily played their way out and we weren't able to deny them the ball long enough to relieve the pressure

That ref/VAR call on Mané is still sickening. We should’ve been playing against 10 men for an hour.

Our home form is the shitest it's been for decades. Klopp needs to do his homework, avoid the highline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom