• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Madrid get Real over Suarez swoop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only seen higuain play well through the middle, never the wing. He does a job there.

Agreed. He might work on the wing in a counter-attacking or at the very least a very direct playing 4-3-3 team.

In a 4-3-3 like ours you'd expect great ability on the ball, quick feet, creative spark, eye for passes and splendid technique in one on one's in your wide players.

Higuain is much more direct, always looking for the deep surging run, a great finisher. Would be in direct competition too Sturridge, which would be great to have, but at this stage when splashing the cash we should buy for the starting-XI not for the squad. Imo it would be either him or Sturridge in our current setup, not both, hence quite the luxury signing.

Coutinho was doing a pretty good job of providing creative spark through the middle in the last few games of the season.

As for Higuain, he did play out wide a bit at Real but it's not really where he belongs. If memory serves, he was deployed wide right when we played them and didn't really impact the game that much though at least looked like he wanted to win unlike some of them that night. The whole Ronaldo thing at Real doesn't really matter either as they score so many goals everyone gets in on the action. Higuain despite being in and out of the side of late has still maintained an excellent goals to game ratio.

I agree that signing another #9 be it Higuain, Benteke or someone else would be a bit of a luxury signing. We've bought Sturridge for that position and it's hard to keep strikers happy if you play one up top.

So, yeah we'd probably be better off signing someone that is quite versatile. We wouldn't be able to sign Sanchez even if we wanted to so that's a bit of a pointless debate.

Opinions can't be right or wrong.

They can be backed up by evidence to give them more value, but they can't be correct. When an opinion is based in fact it's more likely to be right, but ultimately it's subjective if that evidence is to be believed.

Least that's what I think anyway

Completely disagree. Centuries ago there used to be a widespread opinion that the world was flat, and I could give you any number of other examples. Not all truth is subjective.

It is my opinion that Liverpool play in red
Of course your interpretation of red could be different to mine, It could be more of an orange to me

Of course I've been raised to call that "orange" Red.

Subjective based on our own developments and experiences.

Completely disagree. Centuries ago there used to be a widespread opinion that the world was flat, and I could give you any number of other examples. Not all truth is subjective.

And now we're certain of things? Who's to say with developments of technology, our current viewpoints aren't mocked on a millennia

Yes, Fabs, I think you'll find we are certain the Earth isn't flat - to take just one example. Listen to yourself, will ya?

*scavenges thread for chocolate*

*notes mention of Bendtner*

*notes absence of chocolate*

*leaves thread*

Agreed. He might work on the wing in a counter-attacking or at the very least a very direct playing 4-3-3 team.

In a 4-3-3 like ours you'd expect great ability on the ball, quick feet, creative spark, eye for passes and splendid technique in one on one's in your wide players.

Higuain is much more direct, always looking for the deep surging run, a great finisher. Would be in direct competition too Sturridge, which would be great to have, but at this stage when splashing the cash we should buy for the starting-XI not for the squad. Imo it would be either him or Sturridge in our current setup, not both, hence quite the luxury signing.

I think Sturridge is positionally flexible enough to play wider and give a player like Higuain a more central role. Either way, Sturridge is hurt for the forseeable future, and we need an option better than Borini/Aspas to lead the line.

I think Sturridge is positionally flexible enough to play wider and give a player like Higuain a more central role. Either way, Sturridge is hurt for the forseeable future, and we need an option better than Borini/Aspas to lead the line.
We havnt even signed Aspas yet and already hes not good enough.

We havnt even signed Aspas yet and already hes not good enough.

He's definitely quality, but I think he is better playing in a wider role rather than being the main striker. Very well could be wrong on this, but I don't think he's an ideal solution. We definitely need a high quality fourth option to compliment Aspas, Sturridge, and Borini, considering they are all positionally flexible, and will get solid minutes.

Why what's wrong with aspas that we already need better? The good thing about sturridge and Suarez is that they can easily rotate and play wide AND through the middle causing confusion for defenders. That wouldn't work as well with higuain as he can't play wide anywhere near as well. Plus there's the matter of his wages. I think that's why we are getting aspas because he can play both well.

Why what's wrong with aspas that we already need better? The good thing about sturridge and Suarez is that they can easily rotate and play wide AND through the middle causing confusion for defenders. That wouldn't work as well with higuain as he can't play wide anywhere near as well. Plus there's the matter of his wages. I think that's why we are getting aspas because he can play both well.

I just don't see 3 strikers being enough depth, especially if one is already injured for the forseeable future, one is injury prone, especially considering our fourth striker looking to either be Adam Morgan or Shelvey. We aren't in Europe this year which will lighten the burden, but there definitely needs to be a legitimate fourth option to our strikeforce, it's just a matter of if we need a big signing like Benteke/Lukaku/Muriel or a cheaper role player.

I just don't see 3 strikers being enough depth, especially if one is already injured for the forseeable future, one is injury prone, especially considering our fourth striker looking to either be Adam Morgan or Shelvey. We aren't in Europe this year which will lighten the burden, but there definitely needs to be a legitimate fourth option to our strikeforce, it's just a matter of if we need a big signing like Benteke/Lukaku/Muriel or a cheaper role player.

It depends what's happening with Sterling aswell, but I tend to agree, especially if Suarez goes, we need a guaranteed goal getter and by recent standards, Borini and Sturridge will spend a fair amount of time on the sidelines.

If Mourinho doesn't like/want him for whatever reason, which is a real possibility considering Mourinho's history, there's probably a chance that he's available. Not entirely sure we will be able to compete for his signature, but I would be disappointed if we didn't at least give it a go.

Yes, Fabs, I think you'll find we are certain the Earth isn't flat - to take just one example. Listen to yourself, will ya?

You're right it's not flat, but who's to say something that is thought of as fact is definitely fact? Who knows.

So that attempted "steeped in fact" distinction doesn't make any sense, since according to you there's no way of telling what's fact in the first place. So why say it?

I think of fact as a widely held belief with substantial evidence. At the end of the day, if I think something is wrong then that's my opinion.

You disagree with my opinion Jules, and I'm fine with that, just as I disagree with your viewpoint. But I wouldn't say your opinion was wrong; just it's origins.

If Mourinho doesn't like/want him for whatever reason, which is a real possibility considering Mourinho's history, there's probably a chance that he's available. Not entirely sure we will be able to compete for his signature, but I would be disappointed if we didn't at least give it a go.

I'd be amazed if Mourinho wanted to get rid of Lukaku, Torres looks like the odd man out to me.

I'm gonna go way off thread here and say the wee bitey cunt is going nowhere. But, if we're playing pretendees then I reckon we would be lucky to replace him with Higuan. He is excellent.

I'm gonna go way off thread here and say the wee bitey cunt is going nowhere. But, if we're playing pretendees then I reckon we would be lucky to replace him with Higuan. He is excellent.

There is also the fact that Madrid don't even have a manager yet do they? Not that usually stops the president or whoever signing players and maybe they want/will get Cavani and Bale.

Yup. All that's happened is that he's put himself in the shop window. Others may ultimately purchase, but don't negotiate with the Italians, Irish or Israelis.

Lads, its pointless jumping the gun. Every player coming to Liverpool wants to do well and enhance his reputation. In that light, they all get a chance to to either provide us right or wrong and confound their critics.

Lads, its pointless jumping the gun. Every player coming to Liverpool wants to do well and enhance his reputation. In that light, they all get a chance to to either provide us right or wrong and confound their critics.

To be fair, that's most of the appeal of transfer season in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom