• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

MLB Thread

I don't think they have a hope. I think AJ and Doc will sort them out this weekend too.

I caught the ninth inning of that game, the Yankees really ground it out. Fair play to them

Anyone hear A-Rods gaffe a couple of days ago ?

As you know the Yankees are continuing to insist they have a chance of making the playoffs. A-Rod said the Blue-Jays would be a nightmare team to face in the playoffs because of their pitching and it was a good thing that they weren't in the play off race.

At which point the reporter pointed out that the Blue-Jays were actually above the Yankees in the AL East ....

Though I love it, that hardly registers onthe A-Rod gaff-o-meter of recent weeks, mo chara.

You gotta be loving having them behind you right now, huh? Wankers.

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=22065.msg670712#msg670712 date=1220998685]
Though I love it, that hardly registers onthe A-Rod gaff-o-meter of recent weeks, mo chara.

You gotta be loving having them behind you right now, huh? Wankers.
[/quote]

As long as we keep them there !

And yeah given his recent adventures this is the thin end of the wedge

My housemate is watching red sox online. I think he's insane. The I spot this thread. I spent three months in America but didn't get into it. I'm a big NBA fan but never got into baseball.

Your lot let us off the hook in game two today, mo chara...

They really should do better than they do each season, shouldn't they?

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=22065.msg674347#msg674347 date=1221359694]
Your lot let us off the hook in game two today, mo chara...

They really should do better than they do each season, shouldn't they?
[/quote]

I didn't see the game at all, but I agree we should do better.

Offense is our major problem. Our pitching is up there with the best, but I don't think Doc will hang around too much longer.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=22065.msg675937#msg675937 date=1221539468]
Brewers fire Yost ... wonder if they can make it happen.
[/quote]

Strange one , I know they are slumping a bit but they are in the playoff picture.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=22065.msg527903#msg527903 date=1206969179]

Will the Yankees young pitchers come through ? Eh, no...
Can the Red Sox and the Rockies be as good as last season ? Eh, no...
What about the Tigers ? Eh, no...

[/quote]

Quite the topsy-tury season, eh lads..?

The Yankees are out ... Buster Onley wrote his book that this dynasty was over after Lugo's single off Rivera but this makes it official after a 13 year playoff run. Jeter can watch the playoffs - man I hate him. Fuck the Yankees and I hope all their fans enjoy watching the Red Sox make another run at a World Series **muuuuuuuuuuhahahahahahaha**

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=22065.msg682544#msg682544 date=1222266080]
Yes, f#$! them, but why do you hate Jeter?
[/quote]

cocky piece of shit - and i honestly feel the team made him great, and not visa versa. He was clutch in the playoffs though ... Wanker.

The Poor Mariners:

SEATTLE -- Things got so bad in the Seattle Mariners clubhouse during this discouraging season that one player reportedly threatened to "knock out" outfielder Ichiro Suzuki, the team's highest profile player.

A "clubhouse insider" quoted in Thursday's edition of The Seattle Times said, "I just can't believe the number of guys who really dislike him. It got to a point early on when I thought they were going to get together and go after him."

The story went on to say that coaches and then-manager John McLaren, who was fired June 19, intervened when one player was overheard talking about wanting to "knock him out." A meeting was called to clear the air.

Suzuki did not comment on the story, but pitcher J.J. Putz said he doesn't remember any such incident and said there was no meeting to talk about it.

"It's very troubling if it was a player who said that," Putz said. "People have a lot of differences of opinion on a lot of things, but to say something like that in the paper and not fess up as to who it is, whoever said it is a coward.

"You have something to say about somebody, step up and say it. Don't hide behind [a writer]. Anybody can sit around and talk behind somebody's back. I think it's ridiculous."

Suzuki, who got off to a slow start, reached 3,000 hits combined between Japan and the U.S. on July 29. He achieved 200 hits Sept. 17 for the eighth straight season, matching a big league record. He was second in the league in hits (207) entering Thursday night and needs one more to become the quickest to 1,800 hits for any player who started his career after 1954.

But rumors persist that some players believe he is selfish and more interested in his hit totals than the team's success.

On another note, Josh Hamilton faded (as expected really) after the All-Star break but I'm satisfied with the Rangers season ... Hopefully, one day, they'll get 2 big pitchers and actually compete in and win a playoff series.

Man the Mets pulled it off again ... They're gonna rival Tony Romo for greatest choke artists since the Knicks (Who can forget Reggie's 8 pts in a few seconds).

Playoffs:

BoSox up 1 - 0 Angels (BoSox have got to be the favorites again, I hope they meet Manny - it would be great)

Dodgers up 1 - 0 Cubs (Cubs - BoSox would have been a great WS if they both were looking to end droughts)

Phils up 1 - 0 over Brew Crew

Waiting on ... W Sox / Rays

Longoria had a superb game for the Rays yesterday. Thanks to it being on at a very reasonable hour for me I managed to watch it.

I'd like to see them go all the way

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=22065.msg690273#msg690273 date=1223051876]
Longoria had a superb game for the Rays yesterday. Thanks to it being on at a very reasonable hour for me I managed to watch it.

I'd like to see them go all the way
[/quote]

Not me. I despise them.

If we cannot win it, I'd rather see ANYBODY else win it.

But I think we'll have a good shout again this year.

BoSox are on course to really piss off Yankee nation again ... ha ha.

BoSox vs Devil Rays in ALCS

Phillies vs Dodgers in NLCS

Will Manny return to Beantown?

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=22065.msg693198#msg693198 date=1223356922]
BoSox are on course to really piss off Yankee nation again ... ha ha.

BoSox vs Devil Rays in ALCS

Phillies vs Dodgers in NLCS

Will Manny return to Beantown?
[/quote]

I really fancy the Rays against the Sox, and I'd like to see Torre get the chance to win it all again after how he was treated by the Yankees.

Fucking hell, after watching the Phillies crash and burn for many years during and after my time there, I casually take a look to see what's going on and they are fighting for the pennant and potentially a first WS since 1980!!

I take it Mike Schmidt doesn't still play for them? ;) They were 1 up against the Dodgers with the next game tonight. Caught the crowd from the first game and they really looked up for it. Compafred to the dismal showings when I used to go and watch them. It was like watching a League 2 game at Wembley back then!

Havent some big baseball team just moved stadium across the road?

SSN wouldnt shut the fuck up about it a few weeks back.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=22065.msg696325#msg696325 date=1223742977]
Phillies up 2-0
[/quote]

Get in! Its two road games now isn't it? First to four wins?

Back
Top Bottom