• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL - Offseason, Draft & 2018/19 Season

They could have had Berkeley and Rosen
Mayfield and Chubb
Darnold and Berkeley
Chubb and Berkeley
Fucking anything.

Ward and Mayfield
Hahahaha

Rosen must go next.
I dont even think Indy were after a QB but fuck me if no one is picking up pretty much the best QB you have to take him.

As soon as Chubb was left on the board. Broncos came all over the place. Miller and Chubb?

Dayummm!!

And to think. Browns could have had Garrett and Chubb.

Yup. Good choice I guess.
Rosen and Allen below 7
Didnt see that.

Called it @Hansern.. Looks a good pick.

OY - give me credit, I said it a few posts before him! :)

I'm very disappointed Jerry didn't trade up with Baltimore to get James ... That was a monster cock up UNLESS we're going to be trading a 2nd or 3rd for Earl Thomas.

I know I know, we needed a LB and Vander Esch could be good (assuming the neck condition isn't as serious as some teams said it is) but James was the best S in the draft and we've not had a 'great one' since Darren Woodson ...

Some horrible picks imo ... cannot believe how far the good Edwards dropped ... Cannot believe the Steelers went for other LB Edwards this early - he was at best a late 2nd. Cannot believe Penny went in the 1st to Seattle - another 2nd rounder.

Some horrible picks imo ... cannot believe how far the good Edwards dropped ... Cannot believe the Steelers went for other LB Edwards this early - he was at best a late 2nd. Cannot believe Penny went in the 1st to Seattle - another 2nd rounder.
Penny before Michel too.. Michel is perfect for our system though. I can see why we passed on Jackson when he was left on the table.

SO

I've read up what's here and I'm none the wiser. What number pick they finish on? Patiently waiting for the vikings to fuck up

SO

I've read up what's here and I'm none the wiser. What number pick they finish on? Patiently waiting for the vikings to fuck up

Vikings got a great pick - Hughes (CB) with all the tools. He should be your nickle CB from day 1.

They finished on pick 32 - i.e. round 1.
Today = two rounds, so 64 more picks ...
Tomorrow = 4 rounds =128 picks ...

SO

7 rounds of 32 (or so) picks. I say or so as they add whats known as compensation picks to teams who have traded players that have met certain trigger points.

Last night was round 1. Meaning 32 picks.

Each team had 10 minutes to either pick a player or trade that pick in the hope of acquiring multiple picks or better positioning later on.

Tonight is rounds 2 and 3.

Tomorrow is rounds 4 through 7 where its pretty lightening speed compared to round 1.

Nifty

Reading about the browns, a decent number of fans expected them to pick Mayfield, as he's (supposedly) NFL ready. The other, potentially more talented ones they'd have to develop a bit and they've got an AWDUL record of developing QBs (apparently)

Vikings got a great pick - Hughes (CB) with all the tools. He should be your nickle CB from day 1.

They finished on pick 32 - i.e. round 1.
Today = two rounds, so 64 more picks ...
Tomorrow = 4 rounds =128 picks ...
Yeah just read on Hughes

Seems a decent sort

Martavis Bryant traded. Wow.
I dont think this is a massive surprise although a 79th pick seems low to me.
We have a history of allowing WR to leave in particular when they make any trouble. Randle-el, Plaxico etc

Still think he was worth a second round pick. Hes a talent. A unique deep threat. Good weapon for the Raiders.

Means more Juju for us and I would imagine the 79th pick will be a WR just for the bants

Edwards is a safety. We do need LB cover in my opinion. The fragility of our defence post Shazier was woeful.
We need very little offensively, including the line, our front line defence is sound. Edge and safety is 100% our weakness.

Our late picks should all be QB long term, RB long term, WR long term.
Ben and Bell will be done after this season. Brown maybe not.

Edwards is a safety. We do need LB cover in my opinion. The fragility of our defence post Shazier was woeful.
We need very little offensively, including the line, our front line defence is sound. Edge and safety is 100% our weakness.

Our late picks should all be QB long term, RB long term, WR long term.
Ben and Bell will be done after this season. Brown maybe not.
Was good to see Shazier walking last night, however his career is 100% over.

Was good to see Shazier walking last night, however his career is 100% over.
Yup. He’ll never be cleared to play again.
We should make it real and get him on the coaching team already.
Such a shame. What a player and what a career he would have had. I genuinely think we could have gone to the dance last year if he had stayed fit.

I dont think this is a massive surprise although a 79th pick seems low to me.
We have a history of allowing WR to leave in particular when they make any trouble. Randle-el, Plaxico etc

Still think he was worth a second round pick. Hes a talent. A unique deep threat. Good weapon for the Raiders.

You fleeced the raiders imo ... fleeced them ... a 3rd rounder? He's never even got 50 catches in a season ... 3rd round you can get a Gallup or a Washington - who are as talented.

A few reports note he's a LB/S - at 6'1" ...

This is a very weak LB class from what I've read - the best remaining now is the Iowa kid I think (Jewell)

Back
Top Bottom