• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL Regular Season Thread

Unless the Steelers get their collective fingers out very sharpish, they're gonna lose this one, chaps...

Cowboys looking VERY impressive on defense today.

Yup, were being out steelered.
Our D is crumbling and ben is having one of those 'im a cunt' days. That sack with 7 yard loss was unforgivable.
Throw it away cunt.

The Dallas D, since the ST Louis debacle, has been very good and today, it is playing like one of the top Ds out there ... That goal line stand was class.

What a game from our lads ... Let's close 'em out

so disappointed with this result - the better team didn't win ... we deserved this win but oh well, this will most likely mean a niceR draft pick for the Lions as we're out of the playoffs.

so close ... bloody terrible offsides call on Ellis, but those calls do even themselves out and we had some pretty bad ones go 'our way' earlier in the season too.

How did the best team not win?
We totally dominated you first half (FOUR turnovers) but couldnt get firing on offence.
Third you came out firing and did a great job of pulling out a lead, but 4th quarter it was all you could do to stop us scoring. Reed and Ben played poorly but as a team, we had almost 3 full quarters of the game you had 1 and a bit.

The Steelers dominated defensively, as did we, in the 1st half 0 Our offenses both only played in one quarter, but it's over now.

I'm disappointed only because we should have won, and didn't. We let this win get away ...

With 7 minutes to go, you should have been able to close the game out, its the 'the best team didnt win' bit i take umbridge with.
Im not suggesting we were miles better or owt, i thought it was very close, but as much as you were annoyed not to close it out, i was annoyed we werent 2 scores in front at halftime. We totally bossed the first half and should have converted at least one of the four turnovers. We also should have got a field goal early and a td in the 4th.
We deserved to win after that 4th qrt.

I'm neutral here chaps, and I'm with Avy...

Oncy, you didn't boss the first half otehr than having more turnovers... Once you got the ball you were virtually incapable of doing anything with it. Wen you did finally drive to a field goal (big whoop), Dallas immediately drove back down the field and tied it up before halftime.

Both defenses dominated the first half, and though Pittsburg took the ball away more often, they didn't take advantage of it.

Second half, Dallas kicked it up a gear offensively, while continuing to dominate on defense. It was open season on Big Ben, who on the rare chance he got to set his feet, missed few receivers badly today... Once that goal line stance was completed, I thought it was curtains for yiz, pardon the pun. As did you...

Fourth quarter, the roles are reversed, but it was more that the Dallas special teams reverted to type and allowed ANOTHER big play at the wrong time, and Romo and Witten looked like total strangers, than anything new that the Steelers introuduced that changed the game - True, you found the endzone when it mattered, but you only did it once, and it's hard to say that you bossed a game where you struggled so much to do much on offense.

That was a game Dallas pissed away. Fair play to you for winning it when the opportunity presented itself, but the better team on the field, over the entire game did not win it. The more opportunistic team did.

Avy - You're not out yet. If it ended tonight, you're in. But you did make it VERY hard on yourselves the rest of the way - Little or no margin for error now, mate.

I take a few things from the though Sir Red.

a) Our defense has grown up a lot this season - and all the key playmakers are young. Get a good SS there and it will be a top 5 unit next year
b) Roy Williams needs a whole summer to get 'in tune' with Romo
c) Tashard Choice was very very impressive - I like him the triple combo of Barbarian, Felix & him next year
d) I hope Jason Garrett isn't our head coach next yera.

Im not suggesting we bossed it at all.
But i dont think they did either.
Both teams had one quarter on top and other than that it was all D.
Our D had 5 picks one of which was run back, theirs had 1 that cost us nothing.
Ah well it hardly matters. To me it was very close.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=26841.msg744724#msg744724 date=1228724719]
Im not suggesting we bossed it at all.
But i dont think they did either.
Both teams had one quarter on top and other than that it was all D.
Our D had 5 picks one of which was run back, theirs had 1 that cost us nothing.
Ah well it hardly matters. To me it was very close.
[/quote]

Fair enough, mate.

You did say, somewhere way up the page, that you dominated the first half, though...

Plus, wasn't the turnover result 5 - 3?

Either way - It's a good team that plays below par and beats a good team, eh?

Yeah 5-3.
I did think we were in control first half yeah.
I also thought we were going to lose it at the end of the third.
Ultimately im delighted.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=26841.msg744645#msg744645 date=1228696462]
this will most likely mean a niceR draft pick for the Lions [/quote]

Don't worry, we'll probably draft OJ Simpson.

DET @ IND
NO @ DET
DET @ GB

That is a tough three games. It's looking like we are going to see the bad kinda history.

New orleans will be unnable to make the playoffs, likewise the Packers.
Lions will win one.

I think you'll beat the packers.
I often feel at the end of the year a few teams sandbag for draft reasons.
Next season must be exciting for you, you have a bout 80 draft picks.

Ha D - I was just about to post the ESPN story about it too ... I am not 100% sure it's 'real' as Werder is not very popular at all in the Cowboys' lockerroom ... But let's say, I wouldn't be surprised if it is true, and it's a pity b/c you NEVER heard Irvin complain about Novacek or Harper ...

[flash=500,450]http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3763681[/flash]

Can someone check the tv games tonight?
I think were on the red button at 9?

You're definitely on Andy, I think it's the main game actually.

We're not on of course. I wonder if they'll put them on in week 17 to show them make history? They need all the playoff scenarios to be tied up asap!

Lions lose, Bengals win, and with 2 mins to go in Kansas City it looks as if Detroit have confirmed their #1 slot in the 2009 draft.

Chiefs blow it. Lions may have #1 pick due to other teams records anyway though I'm not sure. Ah well, they'll officially have it next week anyway.

A good news Lions story! Jason Hanson now has the most 50+ yard FG's ever!

On December 14, 2008, against the Indianapolis Cols, Hanson passed Morton Andersen for most 50+ yard field goals in NFL history. Hanson is 41-75 from 50+, Andersen is 40-84.

In another season, you'd have won 3 or 4 games, Georgie...

You've been close late a few times.

Tough game in Baltimore right now - LOVE smash-mouth, defensive football.

Cowboys to beat the Giants in a few hours. They HAVE to!

The last two weeks have shown me how dominant the Cowboys D ... IF we can get the offense on track, I think we can do a lot of damage in the playoffs.

We TRASHED the Giants. 8 sacks against one of the league's top O lines? Bring on the Ravens ...

1) I felt that Plaxico's 'injury' would derail the Giants ... It's done so. They have no WR that really cause 'fear' in opposing defenses. Don't get me wrong, Hixon Smith & Toomer are very good WRs who catch well - but they don't have what Plaxico does. Let's hope this continues and the Giants go 1-3 to end the season, and then meet the Cowboys in the divisional playoffs ... Revenge is a dish best served in Giants Stadium
2) DeWare is just phenomenal. What a player.

Back
Top Bottom