• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL Regular Season Thread

Romo is very much like my little brother said, a 'Favre' type player ... Don't get me wrong, he'll never get to Brett's level but he makes plays every game, but can throw that killer INT every game ... Say what people say, he is the team's heart n' soul. The team hasn't changed since the 1-2 Romo-less showing. Same TO, same OL, etc ... but with him, things happen ...

As you say, we're very very dangerous if we make the playoffs ... I want the Gmen if we make the playoffs ... a) revenge and b) they're the best team in the NFL, no better way to announce your intentions ...

i don't think comparing 81 and Porter is fair ... TO is stastically one of the best to ever play the game ... he's always been cocky, but this guy has (whether you like it or not) earned the right to talk. He may never win a Bowl, but then again neither did Dan Marino or Thurman Thomas or Andre Reed, and all were great great players.

Porter is a cock - but I'd love a young, healthy Porter on my team ... The guy could play ...

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=26841.msg732846#msg732846 date=1227543761]
i don't think comparing 81 and Porter is fair ... TO is stastically one of the best to ever play the game ... he's always been cocky, but this guy has (whether you like it or not) earned the right to talk. He may never win a Bowl, but then again neither did Dan Marino or Thurman Thomas or Andre Reed, and all were great great players.

Porter is a cock - but I'd love a young, healthy Porter on my team ... The guy could play ...
[/quote]

I disagree.

They're both emensely talented players...

... who care more about their own facetime on TV and keeping their celebrity burning than actually winning as a team.

Both are very, very good. Both have won NOTHING. And both are medically incapable of shutting their mouths, ever.

Dan and Thurmon were NEVER like these tw@ts, my friend.

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=26841.msg732863#msg732863 date=1227544496]
[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=26841.msg732846#msg732846 date=1227543761]

[/quote]

I disagree.

They're both emensely talented players...

... who care more about their own facetime on TV and keeping their celebrity burning than actually winning as a team.

Both are very, very good. Both have won NOTHING. And both are medically incapable of shutting their mouths, ever.

Dan and Thurmon were NEVER like these tw@ts, my friend.
[/quote]

Joey Porter won a Superbowl with the Steelers.

Ahhh. Apologies.

Well, he's earned some slack in that case, I suppose.

The principal remains though - I despise those who put self above team success.

Excuuuuuse me, but Joey Porter is a steel city legend AND a superbowl ring winner.

Whoops, i quiffed.
Anyway, porter was immense in our title year, sacks a plenty.
We lost Bettis after the bowl, but i miss Porter more.
I cant speak for him now, but for us, he was a great team player.

Lions are down 35-10 at half time to Tennessee Village Titans ... embarrassing team right now ... 0-16 on the horizon.

It's hard to see where they can pick up that win, isn't it?

Cowboys have beaten the mid-season rubbish handily enough... Now we'll see what they're really made of.

It's December, boys...

we will hopefully go 2-2 and make playoffs as wild card ... i hope we beat whoever we play, so we can meet the Giants in the divisional playoffs. you can't be the best if you don't beat the best.

yesterday:

DETROIT -- Jason Hanson kicked a 53-yard field goal against the Tennessee Titans and tied Morten Andersen's NFL record for the most kicks from 50-plus yards.

Hanson made his 40th field goal from 50-plus yards Thursday on the 74th attempt of his career, which started with the Lions in 1992.

props to the kicker!

Report: Burress accidentally shot in leg (AP)
New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress was accidentally shot in the leg at a nightclub, it was reported Saturday. ESPN.com and Fox Sports.com said the wound was not life threatening. It was not clear at what club the shooting took place

I think they need him if they want to win the Super Bowl again ... He seems to be an absolute idiot though ...

NFL Network are saying that he shot HIMSELF in the leg.

But as yet no word on whether Jerry Jones wants to try and make a trade for him :p

Joey Porter is a great player and one if not the best pass rushers in the league.

Plax is making the Giants want to draft WR this draft. But we have the deepest WR core in the Nfl its something like 5-7 guys deep and they are all talented. It'd be harder without him, but the Giants are a running team. When earth, wind and fire are playing we can dominate every team. And Brandon Jacobs really deserves some credit - he doesn't get enough imo. Avram I would love to see the cowboys in the playoffs, cause all the hype would be for an upset. The Giants would just get mad and dominate. Also we have the much better big game, under pressure QB

every QB has melt downs in the playoffs ... some later, some earlier ... Peyton wasn't great until 'his' run etc. Eli was great in his first go at not losing any games for his team, that's all he has to do (basically, let the defense and the RB win games ... sort of like Dilfer and the Ravens). Let's hope he never does it again, insh'allah.

While I hope the Giants take this 13-0 lead and wallop the Redskins, I think the Redskins may be onto a way to beat the Giants.

I'm not the biggest fan of Eli Manning. Sure he won't a super bowl, but then again so did Dilfer - and in the exact same way. The defense won games, while the offense ran well and made little, if any, mistakes. The best, and perhaps only, way to beat the Giants is to stop their ability to run. If they can't run, you can blitz and harass Manning into mistakes, which he has been prone to in the past.

It's not going to be easy, as Manning is good enough and if the front 7/8 cannot generate enough heat (while stopping the run), the G-men will win. They are not an 'unbeatable' team - they are the, **whimpers**, best team in the NFL right now - but the best team in the NFL doesn't always win the Super Bowl ... Some team proved it last year.

how good are the 8-4 falcons? Ryan looks like a Brady clone ... Solid decision making and a very underrated team.

And the Chargers??? Embarssing ...

I fancied the chargers this year.
D'oh.

Steel city were awesome last night.

Yessir. I think both teams will go to the playoffs now anyway, so this is just garnish.
That said i fucking hate the cuntboys, and will be hoping that Polomalu, ike et al smash 7 shades out of them.

I don't think the Cowboys are a certainity for the playoffs yet ... but I am thinking this is the best team Romo will lead to the playoffs IF he gets there ...

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=26841.msg738131#msg738131 date=1228128019]
I fancied the chargers this year.
D'oh.

Steel city were awesome last night.
[/quote]

Unbelieveable performance, Oncy.

I expected to lose that one, but not get embarassed like that...

It's a good team that'll stop that Steelers side, if they play like that from now on.

It's due to snow on Sunday - They'll piss on the Cowboys if they play like yesterday.

Burress is out for the year - suspended by the Giants. I know Hixon has done really well replacing him but I think they'll miss this guy in the playoffs, he was a difference maker ... No Giants WR is in his league currently:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP)—Super Bowl hero Plaxico Burress is done for the year.

The New York Giants fined and suspended Burress on Tuesday for four games— the rest of the regular season—after he accidentally shot himself in the right thigh over the weekend at a Manhattan nightclub. The team also placed him on the reserve non-football injury list, which means the wide receiver couldn’t come back for playoffs, either.

The team punished Burress a day after he was charged with illegal weapons possession, which carries a penalty of 3 1/2 to 15 years in prison if he’s convicted. Burress is due back in court again on March 31, unless he reaches a plea agreement.

Burress arrived Tuesday morning at Giants Stadium, and met individually with Giants president John Mara, general manager Jerry Reese and coach Tom Coughlin. He left for a medical test and returned in the afternoon for another brief session with team officials.

Even as they suspended him for conduct detrimental to the team, Giants officials expressed concern for Burress, who caught a touchdown pass from Eli Manning that gave the Giants a 17-14 Super Bowl win over New England in February.
ADVERTISEMENT

“As we have said since Saturday morning, our concern is for Plaxico’s health and well-being,†Mara said. “This is an important time for him to take care of his body and heal up and also deal with the very serious legal consequences and other issues in his life. When I spoke with Plaxico he expressed great remorse for letting down his teammates.â

Are NFL players dumb or what?

Re Burress, I know I shouldn't be THAT stereotypical but it's stories like this that gives me a pretty bad impression of NFL players.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=26841.msg740637#msg740637 date=1228303267]

Won't he get sent down for this too?
[/quote]

There's no Division 2 in the NFL mate!

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=26841.msg740652#msg740652 date=1228304021]

I meant jail (unless I'm being whooshed)
[/quote]

i was just joking ... Plax could be in trouble, Antonio Pierce is also in potential deep shit for concealing Plax's weapon.

Back
Top Bottom