• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other champions league games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before the game I had a sneaky but strong feeling Sevilla were no mugs and would nick it... DELIGHTED to see I was right....

I'm an old man now and depsite knowing damn well that superstition is nonsense I always get very superstitious and rather mystic meg about things and when last week I saw on the various YouTube fan Tv channels had loads and loads of Reds fans talking up our chances at Old Toilet I knew we may well have a bad game and fuck it up... and there it was...

After that catastrophe, I then read lots of pundits talking up United against Sevilla as though it was a bolt on guarantee and I just KNEW...

Maybe my superstition is excessive but I never tweak the nose of the football Gods ever.

For this reason alone I've not been happy to see the same Reds who were talking up our Old Toilet chances then go on to say that we have such wonderful chances of finishing top 4....

Shut the fuck up...

HOPE for the best but keep your mouth shut.

A good job by Barca tomorrow, plus news that Harry Kane is out for the rest of his life and my recovery from Saturday will be complete.
Mirror quoting Kane out "til May" ... if that is the rest of his life, then Christmas really has come early

Its all gravy..

Bigger share of the pot next round with potentially only 2 teams left

Both City and ourselves will fancy getting to the final with Barca

Mirror quoting Kane out "til May" ... if that is the rest of his life, then Christmas really has come early
And isn't Alli out too? Let's see how Spurs cope. They still have the easiest run in but maybe can drop a few points here and there and not run away with second as I feared.

"They looked awful. They looked ragged. They looked like a team who had been unduly shackled and worried by their own manager. This was the most pathetic of Champions League exits with literally no urgency being shown over the first 160 minutes of football. This is not about City having more money to spend on full-backs, Mourinho inheriting a side lacking ‘winners’ or ‘characters’, or this United side being in transition. This is about an approach bordering on negligent. This is about absolutely fucking it."

http://www.football365.com/news/man-united-engineer-the-most-pathetic-of-defeats

29216401_1918264831538850_9202459918399963136_n.png

And isn't Alli out too? Let's see how Spurs cope. They still have the easiest run in but maybe can drop a few points here and there and not run away with second as I feared.

Stoke, Chelsea and Brighton away, Man City and Leicester at home. Without Harry Kane that could be a loss and some draws.

Paul Scholes at half-time "This Sevilla side are poor, they don't have a goal in them. United should win this."

United played the exact same game they played against us. Only difference is, Sevilla didn't gift them a 2 goal lead. Had we defended 2 long goal kicks, we'd have run out comfortable winners.

United are such a reactive team. They're set up defensively to counter attack and nick goals from mistakes/set pieces. They play on the back foot and only come out and attack with any quality when they are forced to (Palace away). They actually have a lot of quality attackers playing very defensive, very reactive football. Had they had a front foot manager, I couldn't see them not beating Sevilla at home, who have been battered in their own league a few times lately.

But Maureen's strategy is a strategy that works 8/10, so you can understand why he doesn't change. And when they win, the football is shite but the pundits give Maureen all the praise for a tactical masterplan (Spurs, Chelsea, Pool at home). When it doesn't work, they look shite and devoid of quality, and it's the worse football in the world. When in reality, it's the same football.. and the result simply dictates the narrative. Had the referee done his job on Saturday and awarded Mane a penalty, we might have gone to equalise (or even win), and United would have received dog's abuse for their back foot approach at home. Instead, it was said to be another Mourinho masterclass and the actual performance of both teams across the entire 90mins was forgotten. A game in which we largely dominated.

Today, Sevilla did the same. Dominated. But didn't gift them goals. And won quite comfortably.

United played the exact same game they played against us. Only difference is, Sevilla didn't gift them a 2 goal lead. Had we defended 2 long goal kicks, we'd have run out comfortable winners.

United are such a reactive team. They're set up defensively to counter attack and nick goals from mistakes/set pieces. They play on the back foot and only come out and attack with any quality when they are forced to (Palace away). They actually have a lot of quality attackers playing very defensive, very reactive football. Had they had a front foot manager, I couldn't see them not beating Sevilla at home, who have been battered in their own league a few times lately.

But Maureen's strategy is a strategy that works 8/10, so you can understand why he doesn't change. And when they win, the football is shite but the pundits give Maureen all the praise for a tactical masterplan (Spurs, Chelsea, Pool at home). When it doesn't work, they look shite and devoid of quality, and it's the worse football in the world. When in reality, it's the same football.. and the result simply dictates the narrative. Had the referee done his job on Saturday and awarded Mane a penalty, we might have gone to equalise (or even win), and United would have received dog's abuse for their back foot approach at home. Instead, it was said to be another Mourinho masterclass and the actual performance of both teams across the entire 90mins was forgotten. A game in which we largely dominated.

Today, Sevilla did the same. Dominated. But didn't gift them goals. And won quite comfortably.
Great post Murph

"They looked awful. They looked ragged. They looked like a team who had been unduly shackled and worried by their own manager. This was the most pathetic of Champions League exits with literally no urgency being shown over the first 160 minutes of football. This is not about City having more money to spend on full-backs, Mourinho inheriting a side lacking ‘winners’ or ‘characters’, or this United side being in transition. This is about an approach bordering on negligent. This is about absolutely fucking it."

http://www.football365.com/news/man-united-engineer-the-most-pathetic-of-defeats
Loved that article.

No Bayern for me. Jupp actually shits trophies for Bayern, so they'll go quite far

Roma I wouldn't mind, Sevilla would be nice for revenge but I don't trust us.

City would be a terrific game, but they'd edge us

Juventus, we could possibly beat, but they're clinical as fuck.

Barca/Chelsea....I think we could beat Chelsea. Barca we could win but it'd be like 5-4

Real....honestly don't know

Sevilla handled the long rocket launches very well, and Mou had Fellaini in there to be even more efficient on them.

I think Roma would be the best best, followed by Sevilla, then Bayern and Juventus, then City, Real and I'm guessing Barca will beat Chelsea tonight.

Roma and Sevilla should be tier lower in class then the rest. We're getting one of the big dogs in the next round though. Guaranteed.

Good post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom