• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other forum meltdown thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
[article]Liverpool do not look like they will drop any points... we on the other hand very much look like we could and after tonight it would not surprise me at all if this team bottles the League as well now.
[/article]
[article]momentum is a thing and those dipper pricks have it… we don’t.. they are on the cusp of greatness. It will be hard for us.
[/article]
[article]We’ve probably bottled the title too truth be told
Losing the lead we had in january
Playing the scum off the park twice and failing to beat them once

just not our year

roll on October for a simple 2-0 home win against Bournemouth when our hopes r up again
[/article]
[article]This fcking quad is going to happen isn't it?

Shit!!!!!!
[/article]
[article]
If we win the league they will still push the narrative that if Liverpool win the UCL it is a far greater achievement even though they have had a piss easy run
To be fair, if we win the league by 1 point and they win a treble, they have made a bigger achievement.

If they win the league too and get the quad, then we don’t have any argument against them having eclipsed the centurions/fourmidables. They will have done.

That’s what’s on the line. I would give anything for City to win the league and Madrid to win the CL, but it just feels like everything is aligning for them. The unthinkable is becoming a reality.
[/article]
[article]I tend to watch most ucl finals. Think I'll give this one a miss
[/article]

Also, how quick people forget we had the supposed group of death
Which, if I remember correctly, we topped with the same amount of points that Everton had in the league at that stage?

Saving grace...no dippers to worry about in the CL final
This fan doesn't seem to get it? Liverpool are in the final? Or do they mean that the saving grace is they won't meet us in the final?

I've never seen a streakier team than this Madrid side. PSG, Chelsea and City all should have comfortably beaten them. On one hand they really arent that good, they concede at the first sign of danger but the fact that they can somehow win games while being battered senseless is terrifying and mystifying in equal measure. Particularly as it's not a tactic to sit back soak up pressure and rope-a-dope, they just seem to fall arsebackward into a penalty every 60 mins or so.
Very true this, it really is Ali vs Foreman shit, where Madrid is Ali. They have waited for that moment to deliver a knock out blow. But at the same time they have won the league so you cannot say they are not capable of doing the things you expect of a league winning top European team. Let's hope we turn the final into Ali vs Holmes.

Very true this, it really is Ali vs Foreman shit, where Madrid is Ali. They have waited for that moment to deliver a knock out blow. But at the same time they have won the league so you cannot say they are not capable of doing the things you expect of a league winning top European team. Let's hope we turn the final into Ali vs Holmes.
That's some super tactical genius at work there by Ancelotti. Wait till the 90th minute to score two goals for the killer blow.

I think this is why Guardiola seemed quite normal in the post match interview, it was a freak occurrence he couldn’t account for. 99 times out of 100 they see out a 2 goal lead late in the game against anyone.

He did tinker though and it’s probably because of us, if they’re walking the league he’s probably not taking Rodri and DeBruyne off.

Whilst I'm revelling in the outcome from all angles I can say that Guardiola/City made any real mistakes until ET. Those late, late two goals were out of nothing and nowhere and Greallish could have put it to bed without Rodrigo/KDB on the pitch but for last ditch defending.

It just was a freaky night that went against them. They'll need to get their collective heads round this and go again on Sunday.

I suspect they are going to vent against the Geordies and win 20 squllion - nil

I reckon that's too kind to Guardiola. Some of their fans were worried before the game that he'd tinker his way to another loss, and for me he shouldn't have hooked de Bruyne or Rodri regardless of the quality of their bench, not when they're looking to put the game to bed. I also reckon not having a real no.9 cost them, especially in respect of those chances which fell to Grealish. That's probably not all down to Guardiola but they'd have sorted it if he made enough of a fuss last summer.

Whilst I'm revelling in the outcome from all angles I can say that Guardiola/City made any real mistakes until ET. Those late, late two goals were out of nothing and nowhere and Greallish could have put it to bed without Rodrigo/KDB on the pitch but for last ditch defending.

It just was a freaky night that went against them. They'll need to get their collective heads round this and go again on Sunday.

I suspect they are going to vent against the Geordies and win 20 squllion - nil
130 mins. Injuries. Tiredness. Mentally shattered. 3 days rest. And now having to get it up for a well rested and confident Newcastle that has the second best record in the league in 2022.
They'll have to rotate.
There are now 3 matches they could slip up in and this is definitely one of them!

Last edited:
I reckon that's too kind to Guardiola. Some of their fans were worried before the game that he'd tinker his way to another loss, and for me he shouldn't have hooked de Bruyne or Rodri regardless of the quality of their bench, not when they're looking to put the game to bed. I also reckon not having a real no.9 cost them, especially in respect of those chances which fell to Grealish. That's probably not all down to Guardiola but they'd have sorted it if he made enough of a fuss last summer.
That £100m on Grealish could easily have bought more than competant back ups in at least two positions. No excuses.

From the Fume's pre-match thread:

Hopefully the players get extra motivation to ram it down Salah's throat after last night. Not that they should need extra motivation, but dont let them slimey twats get there hands on the pl after mocking the result last night.

(they're still not happy with Jack)
And we paid more for KDB, as did the rags for De Maria. Raheem was 20, Jack is 27 in September and we paid over double at £100 million than we did for Raheem. If we had paid £50 million there wouldn't be an issue, but didn't.

(Some are staying positive)
bert38 said:
I feel incredibly flat this morning-trying to process it all. The players will feel exactly the same.
We come together Sunday-we carry this team. They need us like never before.​
Same here ,just hoping that it may push us to get the Prem.and stop the hysterical quad.as I'm sure R.M.will get stuffed by the Dippers.
Hoping the old saying "what doesn't break you makes you stronger" will apply.

(some sadly realistic)
1-0 will do for me. Would prefer something a bit more comfortable, but, no more injuries is crucial. I wonder how Spursy Spurs will be on Saturday for the dippers? No favours expected from anyone, anyway. We can still do the business ourselves.

(...and there's always as @Halmeister !)
avoidconfusion said:
Can see us draw here​
thats what i see happening. players are knackered.

Some RedCafe comments (note many are not MU supporters) on the CL final :

On the champions league final, Real Madrid need all the help. Can that fat ass Hazard turn up for one game for Madrid, just one ? And the forgotten man who won them the CL before, Gareth Bale , just for the last time in your last game.

Seriously, I can't see Madrid beating Liverpool although it could be 5-3!

They were maybe slightly lucky across both legs against PSG, they were definitely lucky across both legs against Chelsea and they were definitely lucky across both legs against City. As reflected in the chances they repeatedly handed their opponents versus the chances they made themselves. Maybe they'll be lucky against Liverpool too, maybe they'll play better, but I'd generally back the better performing team.

(On RM) : I'll never forget that they always represented the "biggest money club" for as long as I can think of. Hope for a humiliating 4:0 beating of 'em personally

The mentality muppets will destroy Madrid. Easiest run to a Champions League win ever for the Scouse?

At least this gives us someone to cheer for in the final. City-Liverpool was like which eye do you want a fork stuck into.

(Spanish RM Fan) : I wish I will get it wrong but Liverpool are a different animal to PSG, Chelsea and City and they are big favourites for this final. They have a mix of all the strongest points those other teams had: clinical strikers (PSG), intensity (Chelsea) and technical and tactical brilliance (City). And what to say about Klopp. He's at least as good as Guardiola but he makes his teams more adaptable to different scenarios. A really scary prospect.

Will Madrid start Rodrygo and Camavinga or will they go with Kroos and Valverde again? I can see why old heads and being more compact is better, but I'm not sure if they'll have enough time over 90 minutes to change things around if things don't go well. Van Djik, Konate, Fabinho and Alisson is a whole other level to City's defence.

If City had Alisson instead of Ederson they’d be in the final I believe.

Hopefully Ramos taught somebody else his Fujiwara armbar before he left.

Liverpool has lost 2 of their last 3 games against them (2018 final, 2021 QFs). (LFC Fan replies) : You did. We had Phillips and Kabak on defense though. Complete different animal now.

If Villarreal are such a piece of cake, pray tell, why couldn’t we put them to bed in an easier European competition? I’ve said this before but it is absolutely okay to give Liverpool credit where it’s due. I promise you it does not make you less of a united fan.

I was convinced Liverpool would win it at the start of the season.

Real Madrid have been incredibly luck to get to this point, almost to a scripted-like level of unbelievability. I think that is going to end at some point; they are teetering on a knife edge towards a hammering. . . I think this game might not actually be all that close.

(RM fan) : We don't lose CL finals. (Reply from another poster) : The last time you lost one was to LFC in Paris.

(Another RM fan) : I don't think we'll be destroyed, I can imagine an even match in which without the Bernabéu we'll lose that extra. I would say they are slight favourites.
I don't think having to compete for the Premier is going to affect them more than us having three weeks with nothing to do. This could have a poetic final, epic comebacks game after game and end up dying on the shore.

(Another RM fan) : Salah will be locked away on Mendy Island. It's Mane that terrifies me

Klopp is too good. I know Ancelotti has ultimate CL pedigree, but Klopp has always been brilliant and he has his team fully tuned. Our only hope is Benzema.

(RM Fan) : Honestly, our best chance is if Alisson, VVD, Robertson and Fabinho pick up injuries and miss the game

Learning yesterday that Madrid have lost a European Cup final to Liverpool before has changed my stance. I know it doesn't make sense given that it was ages ago. I was already leaning towards a Liverpool win, they're just too strong for anyone right now and they're not the underdogs anymore. Madrid don't have the physicality to stage late comebacks against a team that is so strong on the counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom