• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other forum meltdown watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume those quotes are from when we bought him, not recent ... right?
I dont care ... but that last paragraph is so way off that i can only imagine someone like Woland posted that for a laugh. I cannot understand how anyone could think Lovren is the key that has given us this great defence...

Haha. I read it as Lovren making everyone else look good as a result of his shitness

Yeah, I read it the other way briefly, before realising it must be that he's taking the bad look off everyone, such is his grimness.

OMG !!! - this is not real is it ? Just cannot believe that last paragraph, these people watch football ?
Trust a brother dude. Read the whole thing. It's fucking hilarious - There is smattering of sense in amongst the deluge of whopping delusion. It's a fun read.

More than anything, that garbage they're coming out with shows the power of self-deception. They're so desperate for it to be true that they've come loose from reality.

Yeah, he's old but maybe behind the striker. He does have an eye for a pass

He is only 31, so agewise he could actually do. But an exerienced player who has struggled to hold down a regular place in a mediocre PL team has nothing to do in our team. Origi and Lallana has barely played this season but both has still had more impact on the PL than Mata.

On page 60 - Agent B20 called the whoppers out. Good work sir (whoever you are) :)

The wrongness :drool:

Shark said:
I don't get why he's being made out to be this massive superstar signing. He's an improvement on what Liverpool have, but not anywhere close to world class.

Edit: I mean, he's fucccin world class la, five times!​
Djemba-Djemba said:
£75m

:houllier:​
DatIrishFella said:
Hes a decent defender in fairness.

But £75m :lol: :lol:​
TheReligion said:
Most expensive defender in the world.

Let that sink in.. :lol::lol:​
Kag said:
He's not particularly great at defending and that's been obvious since he moved here from Scotland.

But he's good on the ball and it was decided he was good, therefore the regular errors leading to goals in a Southampton shirt were conveniently swept aside.

He'll get found out at Liverpool.​
Loublaze said:
He can take lessons on how to head a ball from Smalling​
Djemba-Djemba said:
I think he's a decent defender.

The £75m fee was just so ludicrous though, as were the comparisons to Rio, it's going to add so much pressure on him. There's no way he can justify that fee.​
engulfing said:
He's defensively vulnerable, thats why the big clubs passed on him. I remember zlatan just towering over him to head in a lofted cross.​
VancouverUtdFan said:
Tweet
— Twitter API (@user) date

£75M for Dutch Chris Smalling

Couldn't make it up even if you tried...Liverpool :lol::lol:​
VorZakone said:
I've said it before. He was incredibly overrated. Never stands out for the Dutch national team when he starts and let's not overrate his average-to-decent tenure at Southampton.​
Kapardin said:
Dutch Chris Smalling + Klopp who can't organize a defense = Recipe for disaster.​
Dansk said:
I somehow missed that they paid £75m for him. Bloody hell. That's absolutely pants-on-head insane, even if you disregard his actual performances for Liverpool thus far. He was never some kind of world-class defender, he just showed promise. Seventy-five fecking million for an above average defender...​
ChaddyP said:
Saying VVD is the Dutch Chris Smalling is extremely harsh on Chris Smalling.​
Mailo said:
That's very harsh on Smalling. He's one of the best out and out defenders in the league, if not the best. It's just his ballplaying skills that leaves a lot to be desired.​
NikSab said:
What they meant is, being a Dutch Chris Smalling is actually a praise for VVD and an insult for Chris Smalling.​
Mister_Stubbs said:
This guy takes Liverpool to the next level though remember... guy is average as feck.​
Zoo said:
They broke the world record for a defender on a player who has played for Groningen, Celtic in the Scottish league, a mid-table PL club and for a second rate national team. It’s simply laughable.​
arthurka said:
Smalling is a good defender so this is a bit harsh..​
Rossa said:
Yeah, and I don’t really see the similarities. In terms of defending, Smalling is much more capable, but VVD is much better with the ball. Are their similarities both are fast and black?​
Mihai said:
That is why you don't spend 75mil on one defender when the rest are mediocre.​
KM said:
I think he's a good player but genuinely Phil Jones is better. For the price Liverpool paid for him, that's just not good enough.​
Kapardin said:
When he's compared to Smalling, it doesn't mean he is crap. Rather, he's only as good as Smalling. Just as Smalling isn't worth 75 mil, neither is VVD.

I'd rate VVD as equal to our set of CBs, solid without being world class. Jose would get a tune out of him, but Klopp is absolutely not the right manager to improve his game.​
TheReligion said:
Oh I'm here.

Just waiting for those trying to justify his price to appear. He's a good centre back nothing more. Certainly not top tier in the world. Hopefully this is obvious now.​
PoTMS said:
Liverpool paid £75m for Smalling with a man bun.​
Mister_Stubbs said:
We could buy 2 Eric Baileys for the price of this guy!​

To be fair many are eating humble pie over him now..

RealRonaldo

Let’s be honest 75m was a bargain. Best defender in the world, by some distance.

Majima

Did he even have to break a sweat all night? The best kind of defender. Always 2 steps ahead. Such an intelligent, classy player.

Solius

It’s infuriating how effortless everything is for him. I had no idea he was this good when he was at Southampton.

Davicho

At this level, he is over peak Ferdinand, Vidic and Terry, just comparable to peak Kompany around 2011 IMO. Im not discrediting the players aforementioned, just showing how good Van Dijk is at the moment.

SquishyMcSquish

He's the best CB in the world (easily) and if he can be as good as this for a good few more seasons, he will be up there with the best defenders in history.

His level this season is Ballon d'or worthy, and I'm not some giddy Liverpool fan, every time I watch him he deals with everything and it's scary to watch. I haven't seen a defender as dominant as him in years.

I was one of the first to say people needed to calm down/not overreact to him, but he's done it all season and in all the biggest games. I'm happy to give him another season before any conclusions are drawn but I really don't see anything changing, he's just an elite central defender who would walk in to any side in the world with his eyes closed.

Is he perfect? No, no defender ever has been, and if you think the likes of Maldini never, ever made a mistake then you're wearing the nostalgia glasses. But 99% of the time he makes the right decision and combine that with ridiculous physicality and being very comfortable on the ball and you basically have a lab made central defender for modern football. He's horrible to play against.

Water Melon

Fantastic player this season, transformed the scousers and has been the concrete of their defense. I hate Pool, but if the lad wins Ballon d'Or, fair fecks to him.

Last edited:
Those posts reminded me of the peeps here who used to insist that Klopp had no idea how to organise a defence.

Our own thread is in the Vault - http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/threads/virgiling-on-the-vandijkulous.102988/page-11#post-1580775

A few classic posts. Some from Ross saying we'd be a laughing stock if we signed VVD for 60million. Oncy calling Virgil a cabbage to which Hansern jokes that Virgil will win Balon D'or. There are also posts discussing Bruno Martin Indi move to Stoke at 13.4 million to help gauge a price tag for VVD.

Then there is a big discussion on Virgil's injury and fitness - http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/threads/so-van-dijk-isnt-fit.114390/

Didn't Virgil play the most minutes in Europe last season?

To be fair, many were concerned about the cost.

150 million on a CB and a GK?
Just wasnt done here.

Fantastic from the boss.

Just the 12 pages on the manager not being happy with a video posted online by Jesse Lingard.

www.redcafe.net/threads/ole-anger-with-lingard.448449/

It's the type of laddish over excited banter you expect froma group of 19 year olds on their first holiday to shagaluf. Not a massive deal but he's 26!

Someone mentions Alisson having a 3some sex tape onlin, does he really?

Just the 12 pages on the manager not being happy with a video posted online by Jesse Lingard.

It's the type of laddish over excited banter you expect froma group of 19 year olds on their first holiday to shagaluf. Not a massive deal but he's 26!

No it’s not him but looks like him

Hahaha. "JLingzZ" will definitely end up at Everton but I hope he stays in Manchester for a couple more years

I just saw that 'JLingzZ' Vid - LOL. In the grand scheme of things it's no big deal but if it was a Red I'd be cringing my arse off..

I just saw that 'JLingzZ' Vid - LOL. In the grand scheme of things it's no big deal but if it was a Red I'd be cringing my arse off..

He does stupid shit like that almost daily. He's a fucking bell end. You'd be furious with the likes of him and Pogba if you were a United fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom