• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other forum meltdown watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
God is a Liverpool fan.

Let’s save that statement til we win the league.

Otherwise equaling the biggest win run in history across two seasons where we finish second would be the cruelest of all jokes.

Big Sam’s just been on radio, criticizing journey men foreign coaches in reference to Silva. The irony of it all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone posted all of that shite about Big Dunc that's going around? Sorry if I'm quiffing, I only saw it last night.

Here you go
dc28831d14b30e157dae3ea19c3016a2.jpg

Yeah some other bollocks about a bust up between Big Dunc, Calvert Lewin, Davis and Silva, after Big Dunc bollocked Calvert Lewin for missing chances and it turned into a row with the big Scottish twat throwing a water bottle that hit Tom Davis accidentally, which caused a kick off between him and Silva. Blah blah.

Life is fucking strange sometimes.
Just before checking this thread I was on reddit reading the posts in a thread called "What celebrity did bad things but everyone "forgot" what they did because they're famous?" Looked up Boa Morte and Ferguson and found this:
Boa Morte: Ferguson racial abused me

Fulham star urges FA to intervene over verbal abuse
Staff and agencies
Fri 30 Jan 2004 12.15 GMT
First published on Fri 30 Jan 2004 12.15 GMT

Fulham striker Luis Boa Morte has asked the Football Association to intervene after claiming he was verbally abused by Everton's Duncan Ferguson during last weekend's FA Cup fourth-round game between the sides.
The London Evening Standard today quoted the Portuguese winger as saying that the incident happened towards the end of the game, which ended 1-1 when Everton snatched a late equaliser.
Boa Morte told the paper he was man-handled by Ferguson and subjected to racist comments.
"Things happened when the referee was giving a yellow card at the other end of the pitch," said Boa Morte. "Ferguson just came towards me and started offending me with racist abuse and said something I cannot put up with. He cannot call me a 'black ****' while he is playing football. He should at least respect the black players in his team.
"It is something I cannot allow someone to do. I want the FA to investigate. I am really angry about what happened. I have never had to suffer anything like this before in my whole career."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2004/jan/30/newsstory.sport

By the way, dunc getting punched in the head is much more believable than the nonsense about the stadium.

Oh yeah, my bosses, brothers , best mate's algebra teacher is an architect and they said something about "sand/mud" type material. Surely that would be one of the most basic things for them to figure out.

By the way, dunc getting punched in the head is much more believable than the nonsense about the stadium.

Oh yeah, my bosses, brothers , best mate's algebra teacher is an architect and they said something about "sand/mud" type material. Surely that would be one of the most basic things for them to figure out.
Mark shouldn’t be putting up with this. How dare you doubt his mate’s boss’s sister’s husband’s structural engineering expertise.

Life is fucking strange sometimes.
Just before checking this thread I was on reddit reading the posts in a thread called "What celebrity did bad things but everyone "forgot" what they did because they're famous?" Looked up Boa Morte and Ferguson and found this:
Boa Morte: Ferguson racial abused me

Fulham star urges FA to intervene over verbal abuse
Staff and agencies
Fri 30 Jan 2004 12.15 GMT
First published on Fri 30 Jan 2004 12.15 GMT

Fulham striker Luis Boa Morte has asked the Football Association to intervene after claiming he was verbally abused by Everton's Duncan Ferguson during last weekend's FA Cup fourth-round game between the sides.
The London Evening Standard today quoted the Portuguese winger as saying that the incident happened towards the end of the game, which ended 1-1 when Everton snatched a late equaliser.
Boa Morte told the paper he was man-handled by Ferguson and subjected to racist comments.
"Things happened when the referee was giving a yellow card at the other end of the pitch," said Boa Morte. "Ferguson just came towards me and started offending me with racist abuse and said something I cannot put up with. He cannot call me a 'black ****' while he is playing football. He should at least respect the black players in his team.
"It is something I cannot allow someone to do. I want the FA to investigate. I am really angry about what happened. I have never had to suffer anything like this before in my whole career."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2004/jan/30/newsstory.sport

Wait, and they're now both at Everton?

Yes. Silva brought Boa Morte. Kenright insisted Ferguson stayed because he's pure Everton or something. Couldn't be more stupid. Heard Ferguson has been sacked but could be bullshit.

I'm not 100% sure in this case. It smacks a lot of what Hicks & Gillett did with us, as in loads of fancy arse plans & cgi to make people go 'oooooh', before they've actually done proper feasibility & architectural work to check it out & have it fully costed.

It's not likely, due to the dodgy source, & dodgy way it's written, but it's not completely impossible to imagine.

Over here they moved the city centre many centuries ago as the centre was located on unstable ground (developed new buildings away from that centre but on more stable ground). These days they have built a brand new Business District in that old area. I am sure someone will get a surprise. So far the railway station neighbouring the area has been damaged for appr 100M £ due to he groud problems.

Isn't there something in the bible about building your house on sand? I don't think it's a new problem

Isn't there something in the bible about building your house on sand? I don't think it's a new problem

Tell me about it. My appartment in Oslo is in a building from 1890's and is on clay. It should not be a problem as it floats well upon it. But it sure has some cosmetic challenges and one part of the house doesn't necessary follow the other side. But this is a small appartment house and not a stadium.

In the oil capital in Norway they developed a whole new business area in swamp land. Most of the office buildings were piled well into solid ground below, but when you pass there most of the parking outside the officebuildings have sunk up to a meter the last ten years.

Of course it's possible to build on sand. Here in Singapore there are blocks of skyscrapers standing on what used to be ocean but is now reclaimed land.

The question is cost. It's obviously more expensive and used as a last resort. If you already have a perfectly good stadium how do you justify spending 100m - 200m on earth works, when your team is not even going to be in the Premier League next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom