• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other Games : 27th - 29th Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they'll lose games, let's see how it goes.

This is one of those seasons where the league's up for grabs. I hope we're not looking back at the end at lost points, I reckon it's anyone's this season. I did think at the start that City would walk it but KDB is crocked, Gundogan is gone, they're not the same. There's an opportunity here for someone else.

We've got a real chance here I reckon.

Dreamy is making this one tough but he's not wrong and we all know it. It's no big deal. This time they've spent the money wisely. Maddison has been a revelation to date and Ange is looking good.

I, personally, doubt that Spurs will be in with a shout come March but they are WAYYYY better than anyone expected given last season and losing Kane. Kudos where its due

Of course they'll lose games, let's see how it goes.

This is one of those seasons where the league's up for grabs. I hope we're not looking back at the end at lost points, I reckon it's anyone's this season. I did think at the start that City would walk it but KDB is crocked, Gundogan is gone, they're not the same. There's an opportunity here for someone else.

We've got a real chance here I reckon.

Rodri being out for a while has made it look better than it is I fear. He is their new linchpin

Looking beyond the results, credit where it's due - thrusting Sarr into the starting XI, bring the best out of Bissouma, successfully integrating Maddison and van de Ven into the side, replacing Kane with Son (both as captain and main goalscorer).

On a side note, plenty of effective chance creators they have. Wonder if they will still go and sign an out and out striker.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter, it's all about the latter stages. Arsenal were waving their dicks around too in the first half of last season...
Of course and nobody expects them to win but like Arsenal last year, nobody expected them to even flirt with the conversation. Baring some kind of total collapse it’s going to be an incredible good season for Spurs considering pre season expectations.

I’ll give them credit for beating Utd and coming back twice against Arsenal, needing a 96th min OG to beat a helpless 9 man side I will not and nor should anyone, Spurs fans should be embarrassed to celebrate that win the way they did.

As far as being a success goes, he’s done nothing. Success comes by winning trophies. Success when you look in a mirror, you see the faces of Klopp, Pep, Conte, Jose, Unai, Ancelotti, Zidane etc Arteta to a lesser extent. Ange Poch Potter Alonso Ten Hag aren’t yet that.

Remember when everyone was sucking Ten Hag off after his first few months after having a 75% win ratio? Now look. Ange will go down the same route.
You do know he’s won trophies at every club he’s been at including multiple league titles. He also oversaw multiple under age trophies with Australia and the senior sides Asia cup triumph.

Some their fans though are getting a little carried away

Just a reminder, because I need one every now and then as I'm fed up having to keep pinching myself

ANGE HAS BEEN HERE JUST 140 DAYS.

NOT EVEN 5 MONTHS.

This place is unrecognisable since his arrival. He took over a team that was in disarray. The fans weren't happy, the players weren't happy, our director of football had been banned "Officially" and our star striker, our best striker ever, had already made up his mind to leave.

He has turned our team around.
He has turned our form around.
He has Daniel Levy purring like the Cheshire Cat and willing to give him whatever he needs.
He has the whole fanbase loving life again.
He even has many believing we can win the title after just 9 games.

140 DAYS!!!! That's just ridiculous..

Dreamy is making this one tough but he's not wrong and we all know it. It's no big deal. This time they've spent the money wisely. Maddison has been a revelation to date and Ange is looking good.

I, personally, doubt that Spurs will be in with a shout come March but they are WAYYYY better than anyone expected given last season and losing Kane. Kudos where its due
Hmmm.

I'm not sure that waaay better is accurate. Most thought Top 4 may be a stretch for them this season, it may still be despite this flying start. Unless Arsenal collapse (Jesus and Partey both out for a while which may affect them) or they go deep in the CL, then Top 3 should be way beyond them. I'd say they are in the conversation for 4th now, which is still an achievement after losing Kane.

You need to take a holistic approach to understand how they are where they are, instead of like the pundits and Dreamy just stating - 5 points ahead (when no-one else has played their weekend games yet) *rolls eyes*.

Starting with the fact that the average position of the teams faced to date is the lowest in the PL now - literally outside of the top half. Add in that they have only had one really noteworthy performance, the draw vs Arsenal (and they could have lost that in the last minutes), and that they have only faced 3 Top half teams (2 of them at home and of course they were exceptionally lucky to get anything at all from us, and a pathetic United was the other), you can compare that to us having played 6 games vs Top Half teams, 4 of them away, and it's easy to see how and why they are at the top.

Though they now embark on 8 out of 9 tough matches in a row, so they are going to lose some games and draw others. After they play Brighton away, the halfway point, we'll see where they stand and have a better idea of what level they are truly at.

Dreamy can crow all he likes but they've been remarkably lucky with the schedule, OGs and VAR and we'll not see something like their true level until that Brighton game. By far the biggest factors in their favour this season are no European football and they are out of the LC already. 4th is on for Spurs if Villa, Brighton, Newcastle and West Ham go deep in Europe.

Last edited:
They’re fucked if Maddison or Son get injured.
They’ll do a Spurs usual collapse and finish outside the top 4.

Spurs will go out and buy a top class striker in Jan, someone like Harry Kane and they will win everything, including our AFCON.

Hmmm.

I'm not sure that waaay better is accurate. Most thought Top 4 may be a stretch for them this season, it may still be despite this flying start. Unless Arsenal collapse (Jesus and Partey both out for a while which may affect them) or they go deep in the CL, then Top 3 should be way beyond them. I'd say they are in the conversation for 4th now, which is still an achievement after losing Kane.

You need to take a holistic approach to understand how they are where they are, instead of like the pundits and Dreamy just stating - 5 points ahead (when no-one else has played their weekend games yet) *rolls eyes*.

Starting with the fact that the average position of the teams faced to date is the lowest in the PL now - literally outside of the top half. Add in that they have only had one really noteworthy performance, the draw vs Arsenal (and they could have lost that in the last minutes), and that they have only faced 3 Top half teams (2 of them at home and of course they were exceptionally lucky to get anything at all from us, and a pathetic United was the other), you can compare that to us having played 6 games vs Top Half teams, 4 of them away, and it's easy to see how and why they are at the top.

Though they now embark on 8 out of 9 tough matches in a row, so they are going to lose some games and draw others. After they play Brighton away, the halfway point, we'll see where they stand and have a better idea of what level they are truly at.

Dreamy can crow all he likes but they've been remarkably lucky with the schedule, OGs and VAR and we'll not see something like their true level until that Brighton game. By far the biggest factors in their favour this season are no European football and they are out of the LC already. 4th is on for Spurs if Villa, Brighton, Newcastle and West Ham go deep in Europe.
The biggest factor in their favour is their manager.

I liked him because of the video I posted but now I just find his "mate" this and "mate" that tedious. Cant wait for them to find their true selves again so we dont have to listen to this shit.

Anyone still thinking Caicedo would instantly improve Liverpool should see the “tackle” he’s just got away with. Should have been another Red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom