• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other week 2 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
They weren't really lucky today though. They also have loads of new players and will only get better once they adapt. Plus they might still be getting Lamela+some other cunt.

While their squad is better than us, unless Soldado reaches the levels he showed at Valencia (which is no sure bet), they're lacking game winners ... We currently have two (Suarez & Studge - I'll keep Coutinho off the list for now because they have players like that who can do it but not as frequently as the two I just mentioned)

While their squad is better than us, unless Soldado reaches the levels he showed at Valencia (which is no sure bet), they're lacking game winners ... We currently have two (Suarez & Studge - I'll keep Coutinho off the list for now because they have players like that who can do it but not as frequently as the two I just mentioned)

They certainly need to get Soldado more involved. I got Morientes-vibes off him today. Anyways, I'm afraid they'll bring in one or two match winners next week.

Diego Costa just put At. Madrid 2-0 up against Rayo Vallecano. 3 league goals in 2 games.

Catching a bit of Anderlecht's match against Charleroi. Massimo Bruno, a 19 yr old who plays on the right flank, scored his 5 goal in 5 games. Frank Acheampong, another 19 yr old (who already had 2 goals in 3 games before today) playing on the left side, assisted Matias Suarez's 3rd goal. Suarez himself hit a hat trick in this match. Granted the Belgium league isn't the strongest, but the talents emerging from this country in recent years in intriguing.

Dnipro leading Shakhtar 3-0 with less than 17 mins to go. Konoplyanka with an assist for their opening goal.

How many games are you watcing at the same time? I have a vision of you surrounded by hundreds of tv screens?

Lol. Anderlecht's match ended 5-2. Only started watching the final quarter of Dnipro's match. They are managed by Juande Ramos.

They certainly need to get Soldado more involved. I got Morientes-vibes off him today. Anyways, I'm afraid they'll bring in one or two match winners next week.

I don't know - I think he's more mobile than Morientes, but I think the pace of England will be tough for him ... Let's wait and see.

As for game winners - definitely one, and that should give them a slight advantage over us for 2nd place! ;)

Diego Costa in the first half was fantastic, not bothered about losing willian but this guy would have been sensation for us and will only get better. For 21 million, would have been good value especially if Derby asking 14 million for 18 yr old englishman without any experience at the top level.

Wow, 2 goals in 2 mins in injury time (92nd, 93rd min) for Benfica. They were trailing 1-0 at home to Gil Vicente. Benfica lost their 1st league game 1-0 last week and could hardly afford another poor result today. Shouldn't be too surprised though since they're managed by Jesus. :p

Napoli vs Bologna: Reina; Maggio, Albiol, Britos, Zuñiga; Inler, Behrami; Callejón, Hamsik, Pandev; Higuain.

Hamsik handed the captain's armband as Cannavaro fails to make the starting XI.

Some rumours about a move for Konoplyanka next week. Will be interesting to see if it happens...

Catching a bit of Anderlecht's match against Charleroi. Massimo Bruno, a 19 yr old who plays on the right flank, scored his 5 goal in 5 games. Frank Acheampong, another 19 yr old (who already had 2 goals in 3 games before today) playing on the left side, assisted Matias Suarez's 3rd goal. Suarez himself hit a hat trick in this match. Granted the Belgium league isn't the strongest, but the talents emerging from this country in recent years in intriguing.

There is a ton of talent in the Pro League, but I feel like a lot of it is more physically oriented. Lots of pacey and/or strong players out there

We could do a lot worse than splurging 30M on 5-10 up and comers in that league and see how many pan out.

Where from?

Joseph Musker ‏@Musker_LFC41s
Yevhen Konoplyanka has been for a while, and still is on Liverpool's radar.

Connor ‏@ConnorwilsonLFC 14m
(1/2) Liverpool could be making a first move for Konoplyanka early next week... They've been made aware of how much he'll cost and are...

... Willing to pay the price. Also, Liverpool have been told Juan Mata is available at the right price and are without a doubt interested.

Connor ‏@ConnorwilsonLFC 12m
Obviously Liverpool won't move for Mata unless they are told he would be interested in joining. IMO Mata is unlikely due to CL.

Jackson Martinez just scored the opener for Porto. Luis Carneiro (aka Lica), whom they signed in May has been pretty impressive along the left flank.

Joseph Musker ‏@Musker_LFC41s
Yevhen Konoplyanka has been for a while, and still is on Liverpool's radar.

(1/2) Liverpool could be making a first move for Konoplyanka early next week... They've been made aware of how much he'll cost and are...

... Willing to pay the price. Also, Liverpool have been told Juan Mata is available at the right price and are without a doubt interested.

Connor ‏@ConnorwilsonLFC 12m
Obviously Liverpool won't move for Mata unless they are told he would be interested in joining. IMO Mata is unlikely due to CL.

I wonder if Spurs might go for Mata? Then again, Chelsea just fucked them over once so...

I wonder if Spurs might go for Mata? Then again, Chelsea just fucked them over once so...

Don't think Chelsea would sell to Spurs, also I really don't think Mourinho and Villas Boas like each other.

Now I think Mourinho is a tit but this is great. I can see Gollum cracking.

José Mourinho believes Wayne Rooney's desire to leave Manchester United is David Moyes's fault for suggesting the striker would be a second-choice player this season. Chelsea remain determined to sign Rooney despite having had two bids rejected and, with the sides set to meet at Old Trafford on Monday night, United are unlikely to appreciate the timing and nature of Mourinho's comments, which will be seen as an attempt to undermine Moyes.

Rooney fell out badly with Sir Alex Ferguson last season and his relationship with the club appeared beyond repair after he was said to have been left "angry and confused" by Moyes hinting last month that he might have to accept a squad role behind Robin van Persie. However, for all Rooney's unhappiness, he is yet to hand in a transfer request.

When it was put to Mourinho that he will be given a hot reception at Old Trafford on Monday , he reacted with bemusement. "They are against me?" Mourinho said. "But I didn't say [to Rooney] you will be a second-choice for me. And they are against me?

"We are trying to get a player that a manager told 'You will be a second option' for him. We are not going for Van Persie. They don't have to be against me. If I say Ramires is a second option for me and he plays when Lampard is tired or injured, if someone comes here to get Ramires, nobody is upset."

When Mourinho was asked if Moyes should shoulder the blame, his reply was unequivocal: "Of course." In that moment, questioning Moyes's managerial style, it felt as if battle lines had been drawn, though Mourinho then tried to distance himself from appearing too critical. "In every big team, I am not criticising, you have first options and second options, and those second options must be very good players," he said. "Of course big teams must have second choices. Big players too. The point is if the players are happy to accept that situation."

I have a feeling Moorings is not at all interested in signing Rooney.... He is probably just making the best out of the chance to windup the new Manc manager...

I actually thought the response from the mancs when they advised the media that they'd been offered two Chav players as part of the deal was the best effort.

Chelsea nearly fell over themselves to deny that story; it looked like a wind-up by Jose to start with but they got done like a dinner with the manc response.

It's hard to be impressed when you despise both clubs immensely but that was pretty clever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom