• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pay him what he wants!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't see his overall game has dropped off a cliff, you're not watching us.
I don’t think it’s dropped off a cliff, I think the overall teams levels have dropped more than Salah, way more in fact. He needs players around him playing at a high level, he’s had Nunez that’s it from the front 6.
I’m amazed he’d scored and assisted as many as he has.

Just because he's been great doesn't mean we can't talk about him when he's not. I'll quite happily say Rush was shit when he got back from Italy and Dalglish's second go at managing us was balls, and they're supposed to be gods.

That's an awful response.
How dare you criticize club legends?
Next you'll tell me that Gerrard deserved no backlash for wanting to quit us for that Jose cunt?
oR that we should ignore Owen's stint with man U, which made dreamy ecstatic (especially the late 4-3 winner)!
AWFUL!!!!

I don’t think it’s dropped off a cliff, I think the overall teams levels have dropped more than Salah, way more in fact. He needs players around him playing at a high level, he’s had Nunez that’s it from the front 6.

I was going to say this in another thread - but felt it may be too harsh. Salah is a legend, but his greatness needed others around him at a high level. That's fine (I'd say the same thing about Messi and how barca were set up to maximize his talent). That is why people are frustrated the last 12-18 months because most us *wanted* him to be at that great level when we needed him most. It is what it is ... He's still a legend, and he's had good numbers this year, but he's just not worth what we're paying him. Still may win the league next year with him! :)

He's meant to be the catalyst, not relying on kids who don't speak the lingo. The least he could do is nurture those talents but his greedy bastardness is the only thing on display right now.

I'm not saying it's over for him, but he needs to have a word with himself.

I was going to say this in another thread - but felt it may be too harsh. Salah is a legend, but his greatness needed others around him at a high level. That's fine (I'd say the same thing about Messi and how barca were set up to maximize his talent). That is why people are frustrated the last 12-18 months because most us *wanted* him to be at that great level when we needed him most. It is what it is ... He's still a legend, and he's had good numbers this year, but he's just not worth what we're paying him. Still may win the league next year with him! :)
I agree except I believe he is still worth the money. How many strikers have consistently produced his numbers over this period of time for us?
Answer nobody.
I think people maybe had unrealistic expectations of what you get for his salary. That’s the currency today for one of the best players in the world even when he’s having a ‘poor’ season.

He's meant to be the catalyst, not relying on kids who don't speak the lingo. The least he could do is nurture those talents but his greedy bastardness is the only thing on display right now.

I'm not saying it's over for him, but he needs to have a word with himself.
He’s got more assists than anyone by a significant margin though?

If you talking players who need a word with themselves there are many others I’d look at first. TAA, Fabs, Matip even Van Dyke.

In terms of creativity or/and selfishness and the fact Salah is the shining light in a team that has crumbled.

49 assists

Salah has 20% of all assists this season(most just ahead of Robbo).

Not bad for a greedy bastard.

So in your mind we are a bad team, and Salah is having a good season, but you can't expect his performances to contribute to fixing the issues with our play, whether it's pressing, better outlet play, holding on to the ball, defending, beating his man etc? Indeed he's having a good season, because of the numbers.

Once we make more chances and play better, which is more likely to happen when the rest of the team is sorted, then he's a force magnifier?

Sounds like we should have sold him then, to me. That's what this thread was meant to be a reasonable discussion of, till it devolved into "he's shit" vs "he scored again lollercopter kekeekkee".

As woland says, if you think he's been, overall, playing well, and you've been watching our games, I can't help you.

The goal came off his knee didnt it? Kostas really fired it into him thought he missed the chance to cut back to Mo sooner.

Thought his performance overall (before the goal) was largely poor….also getting bit concerned with Jota (before his run in the box and alerness whipping ball back across to Virgil) thought he was largely anonymous up top too. Dunno why Klopp is intent with playing Nunez wide. Seemed like the perfect opportunity to play Jota from the left and Nunez up top.

The goal came off his knee didnt it? Kostas really fired it into him thought he missed the chance to cut back to Mo sooner.

Thought his performance overall (before the goal) was largely poor….also getting bit concerned with Jota (before his run in the box and alerness whipping ball back across to Virgil) thought he was largely anonymous up top too. Dunno why Klopp is intent with playing Nunez wide. Seemed like the perfect opportunity to play Jota from the left and Nunez up top.
He 100% meant to push the ball into the net with his thigh. That was not a fluke.
Still get irritated by his greediness and his tendency to always look at shooting from stupid positions, with a pass to his teammate a last resort. His assist numbers might be impressive but he’d have a crap ton more if he was willing to not be so greedy.
Most of his assists are from outside the box. There’s a reason for that unfortunately.

He 100% meant to push the ball into the net with his thigh. That was not a fluke.
Still get irritated by his greediness and his tendency to always look at shooting from stupid positions, with a pass to his teammate a last resort. His assist numbers might be impressive but he’d have a crap ton more if he was willing to not be so greedy.
Most of his assists are from outside the box. There’s a reason for that unfortunately.
Not really bothered THAT much by his greediness…he hasn’t become 1 of our all time leading goalscorers if he didn’t have some kind of greed about him…after all he is in the team to produce that magic and is the lead focal point we look to for goals. 20 goals 9 assists all comps this season is fine. We’ve missed a certain fella on the other side who’d have about 10 goals 10 assists and all a sudden you find yourselves in a better position. For me the clear chances he gets and finishes badly are what bothers me more.

I’m sure Chelsea would love a striker like Salah, maybe a swap for Sterling? Still plenty of value in Salah but not sure about others, should have sold Jota last summer and used that elsewhere.

With Diaz and Jota back, Klopp will soon have a genuine option of resting Salah for some games – maybe he needs it at this point after playing every game for pretty much the entire season. Diaz and Jota can both play on the right, there is also Nunez, Gakpo and Firmino who are all trying to make a case for themselves. It's possible that at some point this attack will click without Salah and then Klopp will have a decision to make.

A couple of seasons ago, when Mo got the ball on the left and ran towards goal you knew something would more than likely come out of it. Now you know he's not getting past the first defender.

I still believe he will get it back, but he isn't what he was this season

It's unfortunate because he really is a good little player.

Yeah, I thought he was fantastic initially but even now when fit, his goals per game record over a year is not great, since Feb last year anyway.
Hopefully he can improve that this season.

... and then there was one.

331726839_1385230832242058_1518440448146031723_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom