• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post match Boro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have no problem with Modo whatsoever. He can think what he likes and is entitled to be as wrong as he likes.

The outrage at him is dull as fuck.
I agree, implying that there's some sort of racist agenda going on was a little much though.

Hahahahaha and here come the saps, as predicted.

Its more annoying seeing the same people bite his bait each time than his actual comments. If he needs banning because too many people read every post too seriously then do it but there is always someone biting and causing threads to go even further off topic. Some of this is serious playground shit "Miss! Miss! Look! Modo said this again. Waahhhhhhhhh"

There's no doubt that English players cost more and receive more accolades than they deserve. Strange timing for Modo to bring it up today because in that game Lallana didn't play like some world class player, but he did suggest he can do everything we desperately need a midfielder to do for us right now: pick up the ball and turn, find space, look for through balls, when balls aren't on keep possession, and then in the attacking third have enough guile to actually unlock a team. He's getting attention at the moment, even against a championship side, because we, as supporters, tend to want to look for how we are going to start playing some sexy football like we got so used to last year. So supporters are generally hoping that his inclusion in the side could solve some things for us, and tending to want to look at a good performance in the best possible light.

On the subject we seem to be veering off into, has everyone forgotten about the original ignore button, you know, the one your brain so capably uses when you are in a voice conference and someone starts talking about take-home action items. Or the one the girl uses when you try to talk to her. Or the one everyone uses when I start talking about why I'm purchasing a new coffee grinder. Ignore buttons are shit, if Modo is somehow endlessly amused by his predictable way of interacting with this board, and enjoys to be consumed by criticism, and vindicated by failure in the context of supporting a team, its his loss. I enjoyed the old fashioned way, where we just called cuntish behavior behavior indicative of a cunt, without holding up an imaginary yellow card.

Its more annoying seeing the same people bite his bait each time than his actual comments. If he needs banning because too many people read every post too seriously then do it but there is always someone biting and causing threads to go even further off topic. Some of this is serious playground shit "Miss! Miss! Look! Modo said this again. Waahhhhhhhhh"

But he's a pain. I don't see why we should tolerate it. Why? What does he offer? Most of what he posts is deliberate trolling of someone or something. Why suffer it? Or ignore it? Isn't the effect of that exactly the same as banning him anyway, only slower and more boring?

I think people don't want to ban him cos they're squeamish and feel sorry for him. Well fine, say that. I just don't want to hear that me and people like Mark are being unreasonable for not wanting to indulge this pathetic man child.

I'd happily see him banned but if he hasn't already they I guess he won't be as he is just doing the same old thing? The whole process of asking him to be banned every thread is a bit draining!

Call me a sap again and we'll have words at Drinkies.... and I'll set @Red Astaire on you!

I don't think anyone is getting it. Evidently I've made Lallana my target this season, but that's more of reaction to how other players are perceived at this forum.
Take the Boro match thread for instance, here's every comment I made:

http://sixcrazyminutes.com/index.php?search/6119629/

I only mentioned Lallana once, why?
As a reaction to all the gripe Lucas was getting, despite having a great game. If you can write "Look at Lucas getting owned" then don't be angry if I mention that Lallana was made to look like a fool from a Boro player in the next instance.
Read the thread, look at the abuse Lucas is getting then tell me that it's OK.

Sterling lost the ball which lead to us conceding a goal which was unfortunate. Didn't Lallana moments earlier try to take on three players close to our penalty area then lose the ball? Was something said about that?

The posters who are getting mad about it are the same posters who refuse to acknowledge Lucas contribution also the same posters who can safely abuse other players and it's deemed acceptable.

It's all about balance. Call it trolling or whatever, but if you can go off on a player undeservedly then don't complain if I do the same.

Lallana played well but he was very occasionally wasteful, he was holding onto the ball for far too long...When he didn't do that we looked a better team which was shown in suso's goal.

Our movement was again shocking up top, sorry to say it but Lambo is shite...

And your second paragraph is the reason why your first paragraph (though not anywhere near completely accurate) is partially correct.

My only problem with Modo is that hes boring as fuck.
But then most of you are. Sooooo.....

I don't think anyone is getting it. Evidently I've made Lallana my target this season, but that's more of reaction to how other players are perceived at this forum.
Take the Boro match thread for instance, here's every comment I made:

http://sixcrazyminutes.com/index.php?search/6119629/

I only mentioned Lallana once, why?
As a reaction to all the gripe Lucas was getting, despite having a great game. If you can write "Look at Lucas getting owned" then don't be angry if I mention that Lallana was made to look like a fool from a Boro player in the next instance.
Read the thread, look at the abuse Lucas is getting then tell me that it's OK.

Sterling lost the ball which lead to us conceding a goal which was unfortunate. Didn't Lallana moments earlier try to take on three players close to our penalty area then lose the ball? Was something said about that?

The posters who are getting mad about it are the same posters who refuse to acknowledge Lucas contribution also the same posters who can safely abuse other players and it's deemed acceptable.

It's all about balance. Call it trolling or whatever, but if you can go off on a player undeservedly then don't complain if I do the same.

How many people were giving Lucas shit during the game before you made your "Lucas is so fucking wank" post?

Lallana, sterling and Markovic were all below average before sterling moved out to the right and Markovic were central. After that switch all 3 were very good.

So "all the gripe" was basically one post by Hansern?

Anyways, do what you gotta do man, I'm not fussed. I just picked you up on the Lucas thing in the match thread and here because it feels like, in this case, you were out looking for a fight rather than genuinely reacting to other people.

That was not the only time Lucas was mentioned.
Also did anyone praise Lucas before that?

My only problem with Modo is that hes boring as fuck.
But then most of you are. Sooooo.....
I hope you're not including me in that group! Then again we've never met so I haven't been able to dazzle you with my knowledge of 1980's Kung Fu movies and the art of perfecting a good brioche. Your loss I think you'll agree...

That was not the only time Lucas was mentioned.
Also did anyone praise Lucas before that?

No offense, but what's Lucas got to do with your slating of Lallana? Let me get this straight - your latest excuse for acting like a twat, is that *everyone* was acting like a twat about Lucas. And the only real evidence you can muster to back that up, is one critical post by Hansern.

And how fucking demented are you, that your critical tirade against Lallana (based purely on preconceptions you've clearly formed), had to then be justified as "well, everyone is having a go at Lucas". How fucking old are you?

I notice you didn't pick out mine and Studsup's earlier posts praising Lucas' performance, or my giving him MOTM in the other thread?

As (admittedly) one of Lucas' stronger critics on here, if you wanted to have a pop at *everyone* for having a go at him, you chose completely the wrong time to do it. I guess you just assumed that everyone was criticising him, when in fact, they weren't. As per you chose to post an assumption rather than actually reading the facts and the real reactions. Paranoia aplenty.

So once again, you've made an utter dick out of yourself, way to go.

No offense, but what's Lucas got to do with your slating of Lallana? Let me get this straight - your latest excuse for acting like a twat, is that *everyone* was acting like a twat about Lucas. And the only real evidence you can muster to back that up, is one critical post by Hansern.

And how fucking demented are you, that your critical tirade against Lallana (based purely on preconceptions you've clearly formed), had to then be justified as "well, everyone is having a go at Lucas". How fucking old are you?

I notice you didn't pick out mine and Studsup's earlier posts praising Lucas' performance, or my giving him MOTM in the other thread?

As (admittedly) one of Lucas' stronger critics on here, if you wanted to have a pop at *everyone* for having a go at him, you chose completely the wrong time to do it. I guess you just assumed that everyone was criticising him, when in fact, they weren't. As per you chose to post an assumption rather than actually reading the facts and the real reactions. Paranoia aplenty.

So once again, you've made an utter dick out of yourself, way to go.

First off he asked about comment before the "Lucas is wank comment", so no, not one comment.

Secondly, when did I mention everyone?

If you get offended that's your problem. Vilifying Lucas is OK on this board. Someone can write I fucking hate Lucas and that's OK. Therein lies the problem.

Like Pesam for instance who hates Lucas more than AIDS it seems, gets away with writing that Lucas is the difference between winning and losing, like we've never won a game with him on the pitch.

Had a look at the league table, Jesus Christ, Southampton are 2nd in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom