• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post match - Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DanKennett: under Rodgers #LFC have kept 9 clean sheets in the 15 EPL matches that Martin Skrtel has not started. Includes the last FIVE in a row.

Well, thats quite interesting re personal mistakes and clean sheets.

Lovren - Sakho is the way forward.

@DanKennett: under Rodgers #LFC have kept 9 clean sheets in the 15 EPL matches that Martin Skrtel has not started. Includes the last FIVE in a row.

Well, thats quite interesting re personal mistakes and clean sheets.

Lovren - Sakho is the way forward.

Does this possibly have something to do with a certain Dane?

goals-ag-game.png

http://tomkinstimes.com/2014/04/daniel-agger-great-dane-or-old-dog/

There's another way of looking at that mate. My logic.

Take out the clean sheet games (they were probably wins against relegation fodder anyway ;) ) and we're left with :

Agger : 1.75 goals per game
Sakho : 1.45
Skrtel : 1.75
Toure : 1.70

There's another way of looking at that mate. My logic.

Take out the clean sheet games (they were probably wins against relegation fodder anyway ;) ) and we're left with :

Agger : 1.75 goals per game
Sakho : 1.45
Skrtel : 1.75
Toure : 1.70

Selective reasoning does seem to be the forums favourite way to judge Sakho.

We conceded 3 goals on 6 occasions last season. Skrtel involved in all 6. Agger involved in 5 and Sakho once.
Good luck to Dagger at Brondby but now its all about Lovren - Sakho.

As usual after we play against strong teams, here are my player ratings:

Mignolet 6.5 – didn't have much to do, made one great reflex save and a crucial time, possibly a positional mistake for the early Adebayor chance
Manquillo 6.0 – looked a bit ordinary and was put under more pressure than Moreno on the other flank. Bent, but didn't break.
Lovren 6.5 – you can see he's a great player and at times some things he did had me purring with delight. But committed 2 or 3 "unforced errors" in this match. He will get better.
Sakho 4.0 – awful performance. A good half of Spurs' chances came from him giving the ball away in a dangerous position. Went for the same ball as Lovren even though he had no chance to get there, giving Spurs another chance. Later on played someone offside. I generally like Sakho, but this was bad. And unlike Lovren, I don't recall him having any particularly good moments today to redeem some of the errors.
Moreno 7.0 – supported the attack well and scored a great individual goal. It's good to have a real attacking full-back now, doesn't it? Defensively unchallenged today, Lamela was shit.
Gerrard 6.5 – 3 shots blocked, 3/3 successful tackles, 8 clearances, 2 chances created, 1 goal. If somebody writes that this was an "improved" performance from Gerrard, I disagree. This a typical early-season 6.5 performance from him.
Henderson 7.0 – created the 1st goal together with Sturridge, protected Manquillo very well and was the #1 reason we won the midfield battle. My MOM.
Allen 6.5 – quieter than Henderson, but efficient with and without the ball; created the 2nd goal (exaggerated contact, but it was a foul). Unfortunate to get a YC after rescuing one of Sakho's bad passes.
Sterling 7.0 – probably our best player now that Suarez has left. Keep learning, Raheem, you can do great things.
Balotelli 6.5 – he added something we were missing since Suarez left: a striker who is great at holding up the ball. He also freed Sturridge to roam around the attacking 3rd by his presence. Mario forgot his shooting boots, but overall it was a very encouraging performance. He looked very focused and willing to work for most of the game, but maybe the last 5-10 minutes before he was substituted I felt his concentration was waning. We don't have anybody else in the team with the qualities that Balotelli has; if he keeps playing with the same focus he can become a very important player for us.
Sturridge 6.5 – great, really top-class work to create first and 2nd goals. Could have been my MOM if not for some poor attempts later in the game. Looks happier to play with a strike partner.

Mignolet 6.5 – didn't have much to do, made one great reflex save and a crucial time, possibly a positional mistake for the early Adebayor chance
Manquillo 6.0 – looked a bit ordinary and was put under more pressure than Moreno on the other flank. Bent, but didn't break.
Lovren 6.5 – you can see he's a great player and at times some things he did had me purring with delight. But committed 2 or 3 "unforced errors" in this match. He will get better.
Sakho 4.0 – awful performance. A good half of Spurs' chances came from him giving the ball away in a dangerous position. Went for the same ball as Lovren even though he had no chance to get there, giving Spurs another chance. Later on played someone offside. I generally like Sakho, but this was bad. And unlike Lovren, I don't recall him having any particularly good moments today to redeem some of the errors.
Moreno 7.0 – supported the attack well and scored a great individual goal. It's good to have a real attacking full-back now, doesn't it? Defensively unchallenged today, Lamela was shit.
Gerrard 6.5 – 3 shots blocked, 3/3 successful tackles, 8 clearances, 2 chances created, 1 goal. If somebody writes that this was an "improved" performance from Gerrard, I disagree. This a typical early-season 6.5 performance from him.
Henderson 7.0 – created the 1st goal together with Sturridge, protected Manquillo very well and was the #1 reason we won the midfield battle. My MOM.
Allen 6.5 – quieter than Henderson, but efficient with and without the ball; created the 2nd goal (exaggerated contact, but it was a foul). Unfortunate to get a YC after rescuing one of Sakho's bad passes.
Sterling 7.0 – probably our best player now that Suarez has left. Keep learning, Raheem, you can do great things.
Balotelli 6.5 – he added something we were missing since Suarez left: a striker who is great at holding up the ball. He also freed Sturridge to roam around the attacking 3rd by his presence. Mario forgot his shooting boots, but overall it was a very encouraging performance. He looked very focused and willing to work for most of the game, but maybe the last 5-10 minutes before he was substituted I felt his concentration was waning. We don't have anybody else in the team with the qualities that Balotelli has; if he keeps playing with the same focus he can become a very important player for us.
Sturridge 6.5 – great, really top-class work to create first and 2nd goals. Could have been my MOM if not for some poor attempts later in the game. Looks happier to play with a strike partner.
Christ, I'd hate to see the rating if we got battered

Fuck me, you're a stingy git. Moreno, Studge, Sterling and Hendo are all under rated here.

Yeah I've just finished watching the game again. Hendo was immense. MOTM for me. Tireless performance and his little subtle displays of leadership which might have gone unnoticed were a joy to watch. Manquillo benefitted from a very hard working Hendo and made him look a lot better. Sakho had a poor game it's true and I think that made Lovren look worse than he was. He'll come good though i have no doubt.

How the fuck Sterling missed that chance is crazy. Geoff Boycott's gran could have scored that with a stick of rhubarb....

Overall though 0-3 was a lovely way to round off what's been a great weekend for me. :)

Hahahaha

Oh and can I just say - I want to be the founding member of the 'Hendo is fucking boss' brigade. Future captain and I really hope he gets the vice captaincy now Dagger has departed.

wow? what game were you watching?

Hi All

Delighted we won - I was at a best friends 40th birthday so could not see the game and no bloody signal on mobile in the remote wilderness of Frinton on Sea !!!

I was surprised as I was a little worried by today's game, but am happy that we won. What I don't understand is that the BBC report says that we were dominant but the possession stats say it was only 39% to us even though we had about 18 shots on target apparently. Is this what we are looking at this season ? - where we don't have the ball much and somehow win games on clinical finishing etc.. ? Did we attack enough ? or was it a Raffa team type performance because it kind of sounds like it from what I read on here.

Also I understand Mario missed a few chances - people who are worried about this should afford him some time as I clearly remember Suarez missing loads of sitters in his first season. However, the fact that he is getting the chances bodes well for the next game.

Oh and can I just say - I want to be the founding member of the 'Hendo is fucking boss' brigade. Future captain and I really hope he gets the vice captaincy now Dagger has departed.
I also gave him motm. He had a great game

Sorry mate but that is wrong - it was Lovren going for Sahkos header
Sure Sahkos passing wasn't great but he was better defensively than Lovren who was caught out positionally more than once.

We could have been 4 up by half time against one of our rivals for top four AWAY. Whats not to like!!!
We have a new back four getting used to each other - I think we should cut the defence a bit of slack until 10/12 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom