• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post match - Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oncy

Look up to the sky and there I be
Honorary Member
One big plus. Defending from set pieces. Its been absolutely rock solid we look massive and powerful.
Great step in the right direction.

Satisfying game. Away from home.

Sakho the worst player. But the team played well. Good start for Mario.

Three points against an almost rival, away, just before the international break . Nice.

Told you all you soft cocks. I KNEW we'd win. Got the score wrong though. 0-3 Lovely. What a fantastic performance and a great afternoon watching that total dominance. @Mystic - FUCKING BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

* Balotelli seemed hungry and really should have had at least ONE goal. His presence, like Suarez's last year, frees up Studge and makes him even more dangerous.

* Manquillo will get better with us - he seems like a very very talented defender.

* Moreno ... His speed is going to cause headaches for most teams, and he seems like a decent defender.

* Sakho - you saw the best (that great tackle in the box) and worst (that terrible pass that got Allen booked) of him ... He's at a good level now, and I think can improve with Lovren.

* Sterling ... Janujaz was supposedly the hottest talent in England last year ... Yah, at 19, Sterling is looking like a player who every game will create a few chances ... Incredible player.

* Nice to see some more minutes for Can and Markovic

* A clean sheet ... WOOOO HOOOO

I can't quite believe we kept a clean sheet.

Think a couple key moments went our way - Chadli vs Ming and Dier vs Allen - on another day we could've easily conceded a couple but glad we held out.

I was thinking the same re: set-pieces. I don't know if it was a case of theirs being shit (they weren't that great) or us defending really well but nice to see.

Balotelli looks like he's missing a bit of sharpness or whatever but worked with the rest of the team and fulfilled the Heskey role today. Sturridge and Sterling a class apart. From Crouch dribbling back to the halfway line to Kuyt struggling to control every second ball, I fucking love watching these guys receive the ball under pressure and turn and go like it's nothing.

Also, +1 for that bit of cynicism we showed today, e.g. Allen taking one for the team when up against Lamela. We were missing a little bit of that last season.

Still the odd old bad habit, such as getting the ball near their penalty area, with masses of options, only for us to pass all the way back to Mignolet, who promptly belts it back and loses possession. If you don't want possession, lads, then lose it trying to score a bloody goal! Otherwise, well, the cobwebs have been blown away. A really encouraging performance.

The more is see sterling's goal, the better the finish looks. It was going away from him on his weaker foot, great first time finish. Great team performance. Great movement up top. Balotelli and sturridge worked hard. Henderson had a great game. Need to cut out the shit at the back though.

What are you gonna do with the next two weeks Steven?

Going on holiday.

Short & sweet, the reply & tone was almost Kenny-esque.

We've picked up exactly where we were in the middle of the unbeaten run last season. Great pace, intensity and tempo. Defence looked solid, especially once Sakho settled down. Give him a run of games and he'll be fine. The two new fullbacks are very impressive and I love how Lovren covers left and right. Moreno reminds me a lot of Riise...although he's clearly an even better defender. Typical performances from Henderson and Allen. Gerrard improved in the second half but I maintain he's causing us more problems than he's solving right now.

Sterling is remarkable and we're going to have to be ready to resist the mega bids that are going to come in for him in the next year or so. His attitude is superb and I think Rodgers deserves great credit for that.

Balotelli's work rate was superb and his performance only lacked a goal. No worries there. Sturridge led the line wonderfully well...there's so much more to his game than goals...he's terrific on the ball.

Brilliant all round performance which tells me we're in for another incredible ride this season.

Clean sheet and limiting Spurs to one shot on target. Yeah, Lovren and Sakho didnt do a great job in their first start ever together..
Some communication issues and Sakho looking a bit rusty. Perfectly understandable, but all in all very promising.
Hope we see them playing together for a long time.

Manquillo and Moreno with very good games aswell.

@Fabio had 'A bad feeling' - Man up fella. This team is boss. Room for improvement but basically boss.

Ballotelli clearly has some work ahead of him to learn how & where to play alongside our interchanging forwards, as well as some match fitness, but he showed a real willingness to work today that many said he didn't have.

Still the odd old bad habit, such as getting the ball near their penalty area, with masses of options, only for us to pass all the way back to Mignolet, who promptly belts it back and loses possession. If you don't want possession, lads, then lose it trying to score a bloody goal! Otherwise, well, the cobwebs have been blown away. A really encouraging performance.

Positively Paisleyesque. :cool:

We've got some nice fixtures now after a tough opening.
Happy to get two of the big 5 away games out of the way in the first fortnight.

And thanks to Citeh losing at the weekend its only Chelsea who have stole a march.

Ballotelli clearly has some work ahead of him to learn how & where to play alongside our interchanging forwards, as well as some match fitness, but he showed a real willingness to work today that many said he didn't have.
I honestly wouldn't mind as well if players moved around him like they did today. He got chances and worked hard.

If he plays like that weekly he'll easily bag 20

Very encouraging.

Stronger defensively... Far from perfect, but I wasn't shitting myself every time they gained the halfway line.

Mario looked energized and engaged... If that's how he's gonna be, I'll take it. A little rusty (should have had two, maybe three), but it'll come.

Sterling could go on to rule the world.

And we're at our most dangerous when Henerson is flying into a tackle on the halfway line, wide right. Our first goal against both Stoke and again today started in the same place, with the same player. Love Hendo.

Very positive response to Monday's performance. We're gonna be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom