• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post Match Thread - Rubin (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. I thought we'd crush them. Got a reality check.
Starting to think that our squad just isn't good enough.

It's going to take time. But we were better with Firmino and Benteke on. A little concerned Ibe isn't getting gametime. Coutinho and Lallana don't make it in to my starting line up on current form. Well maybe Coutinho could drop back into midfield against weak oppo.

According to OPTA we've had 35 shots in this game (including blocked ones), which is the most by any team in any EL game this season.

It's going to take time. But we were better with Firmino and Benteke on. A little concerned Ibe isn't getting gametime. Coutinho and Lallana don't make it in to my starting line up on current form. Well maybe Coutinho could drop back into midfield against weak oppo.

Lallana's been possibly our best player over the last two matches

Origi???? Milner????? Skittles????? Allen???? All fucking rubbish! What the hell has happened to Coutinho?

Lallana, Can, Sakho, - Good.

Benteke and Firmino did well.

Anyway less of me being shouty - I'm off to fan my balls for 30 mins before commenting again!

Nope. I thought we'd crush them. Got a reality check.
Starting to think that our squad just isn't good enough.

Nah, our team is down on confidence and our 3 best finishers were all not fit. We will see a transformation with Sturridge up front.

Lallana - our MoM for the past two matches. So no agenda here then.

That was completely stupid. So now what is he going to do against Southampton? It's going to be like Ali Foreman. We're getting knocked the fuck out.

Whenever you see Origi's face he seems to be in a permanent state of crisis. Maybe he always looks like that but also plays like he's lacking confidence / an edge.

Benteke made a difference when he came on.

Anyways on the whole same story. We take a lot of pot shots which make the stats look better but ultimately struggle to create chances and lack goal threat up front.

Yeah, I'd be going with Sakho on what I saw.

Nice to see a load of fans stream out early in the managers second game

And as usual the TV commenters take as some kind of sign of discontent: "the Liverpool supporters have seen enough." Whereas this happens in every game, no matter the score. If I were Klopp I would make a point to ask the fans not to do it.

I don't see what other people do with Lallana. He may have the ball a lot in attacking positions and he can turn and dribble in an aesthetically pleasing manner. But he constantly makes the wrong decisions for me. Today he shot instead of slipping the ball into Milner who was running in on goal. Rarely does anything come from what he does and he has the ball loads. He shoots with the power of a kindergartener. His crosses lack the pace needed to be attacked properly. Distinctly average in the past two games and yet others are fawning over him. I'm baffled.

Last edited:
I don't see what other people do with Lallana. He may have the ball a lot in attacking positions and he can turn and dribble in an aesthetically pleasing manner. But he constantly makes the wrong decisions for me. Today he shot instead of slipping the ball into Milner who was running in on goal. Rarely does anything come from what he does and he has the ball loads. He shoots with the power of a kindergartener. His crosses lack the pace needed to be attacked properly. Distinctly average in the past two games and yet lasa are fawning over him. I'm baffled.
He looks like he should be good

Honestly had very little hope for a win tonight. Not with Origi starting. No slight on him but you all know what I mean. Benteke came on for Coutinho. I know why he took Coutinho off, but you need him and a striker on at the same time. We'll win on Sunday.

Lucas almost looked like an actual footballer who can do more than just barge into people and cover space. We all saw the videos ten years ago. There was a player in there. Maybe he just needs Klopp to rub a bit of mustard into his nubbin. Hope so.

Yeh I thought we would twat them second half with Benteke and firmino coming on. Still very early days and was too early to assess anything.
We're without Studge, Benteke, firmino, Henderson, Gomez, ings, flanno etc. All good players who will make a serious difference once fit and adapted to Klopps way.
As for fans leaving early. How early are we talking? If it's a minute to miss the rush, fair enough, of its ten mins or so, have a word people, have a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom