• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Chelsea - (Anfield South) - League Cup FINAL - Sun 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Konate's penalty was poor and should have been saved actually.

As an aside, it's now ridiculously difficult for keepers to save pens with the lino ensuring that the keeper can't move off his line at all. Super difficult to create any sort of pressure for the taker if you can't make any forward movement.
It could have been better, but he still hit it powerfully enough to be a problem

Kelleher had a strange technique. He stayed in the middle completely motionless, didn't even spread his arms out and make himself big. And chose a side just before the kick.

Not a great technique really. We're quite lucky that our takers were excellent, and that Kepa eventually skied his penalty. I didn't see Kelleher saving a single penalty with that technique.

Kelleher had a strange technique. He stayed in the middle completely motionless, didn't even spread his arms out and make himself big. And chose a side just before the kick.

Not a great technique really. We're quite lucky that our takers were excellent, and that Kepa eventually skied his penalty. I didn't see Kelleher saving a single penalty with that technique.

Its nonchalance and calmness personified. Borderline apathetic.

I loved it.

I'd imagine he studied the pens prior, and dived the most common way that person takes pens. Was it lehmann at arsenal who had a list at one penalty shootout?

For keepers it's hard at pens. No point trying to mindgame if the opposition aren't going to fall for it.

I'm with Mish on this. We all know about Jorginho but a number of other players also used his shuffle-then-kick technique against Kelleher and it worked every time.

That said, the lad was brilliant overall and I wouldn't want to mess about too much with what he does. Let Kelleher be Kelleher.

I loved it.

I'd imagine he studied the pens prior, and dived the most common way that person takes pens. Was it lehmann at arsenal who had a list at one penalty shootout?

For keepers it's hard at pens. No point trying to mindgame if the opposition aren't going to fall for it.
Not sure calm keepers are the best at saving penalties. The crazy ones like Dudek and Barthez seem to be better at it.

Think one of Alisson's weaknesses was that he wasn't good at penalties. Over the last couple of years, have seen him trying to be more disruptive on the line, and his record has improved a lot since.

Virgil was ace , his pen amazing !!

That shithouse Kepa was standing so near to his right, but Virgil sent his shot there anyway. Kepa couldn't even get near it. Virgil then gave him a fuck off look. It was amazing to watch the confidence Virgil had.

He looked really irritated the entire evening though, even when he was doing the post match interview. Wonder what had ticked him off.

Is Kepa good at saving penalties?

I always thought he was a mediocre shot stopper as anything hit on target with power would just fly past him

i must have missed Harvey with this…wonder what the FA are wanting to do about it and why..some health and safety issue I guess..
edit ; maybe the observations are see if he saw who threw it

274920071_5450807644948790_8701045938766009538_n.jpg

I loved it.

I hated it. Looked like he'd already decided he wouldnt save a single penalty. I'd have felt much more confident with that shit talking monkey Kepa in goal. (Though I obv know nothing about goalkeeping).

Thought he was rather fortunate. It could have ended quite badly if Chelsea had better finishing. But he's young, will get better etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom