• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Chelsea - (Anfield South) - League Cup FINAL - Sun 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised how many of the pens were either straight down the middle (Jota, Fabs) or close to it – but the goalkeepers still barely got close to saving one. Both jumped too early most of the time and the penalty takers just needed to wait for them to jump out of the way to find the net.

Surprised how many of the pens were either straight down the middle (Jota, Fabs) or close to it – but the goalkeepers still barely got close to saving one. Both jumped too early most of the time and the penalty takers just needed to wait for them to jump out of the way to find the net.

That’s the advice i thought they might have had, go central the likelihood is the keepers will dive past it. Maybe not though

I often think that about Jorginho.

Just stand straight. Very rarely he gets it in the far corner. Male Jorginho commit first.

Kelleher made it easy for him.

What a day!

Fucked up my Sunday dinner plans, usually go to my folks but decided to have it here instead. Thought the game was at 3pm. Dinner at 5pm. No problems.

Decided to make Italian/American Sunday Sauce. Fuck'en amazing, pork shoulder, sausage and meatballs, slow cooked. Loads of flavour.

So got that going early. Nearly shat my pants when I realised Putin might nuke us all.

Served an amazing dinner and had an eye on the game. Had everything wrapped up for the penalties.

Someone remind me that I need to do Sunday Sauce for the FA Cup and European Cup finals.

274733237_5390408934350059_6965562123829670813_n.jpg

Squads and teams are about characters, like not just the lets faacking aaave it type of characters but the buffons, the guys who make the training fun, who take the piss out of people, who provide the 'bantz', yeah there's the winners and the ones you'd follow into battle but... it seems squads need an atmosphere also.
I feel like this squad pretty much has it all.

I bet it's a delight to work under Klopp, get to the training ground at whatever time, rain or shine and you're greeted with them pearly whites behind the biggest grin and a huge hug. Just the way Alisson and Diaz got that huge hug first day at Liverpool.

You could have a list of players Matip, Kostas, Robbo, Bobby who just seem to bring the squad to life, who love life and enjoy every minute of being a footballer at LFC atm. Virgil brings the love also and I'd imagine usually Ox is like this..though he looked miserable AF today.
Hendo and Millner are clearly the looked up to rev up the players type leaders.

I've not even mentioned the likes of Salah and Mane who are world class talents on their day (and they have their day often) who both dragged their countries to the finals of the AFCON and no doubt give loads on the pitch.

Even today watching the players give the trophy to minamino and tell him to enjoy it was great.

It's just that they seem to have so much fun and enjoyment while being the best in the world.

On the other hand, can you just imagine the bants Sterling and Jesus bring to the table? Like you rock up to the training ground and know you've gotta listen to Pep chat shit with his weird tone and intensity just sucking the joy out of being a footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom