• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match: Everton (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, i thought the foul o ndiaz just before it was also a potential pen. So....they can fuck off
The Patterson one where he chops inside or the Onana one where he went over the board? Onana one was never a pen tbh.

You're an idiot.

Three days ago he went down to the ground with cramp after playing a full 90 against Brazil. He's a pace player. You want to fuck him permanently after we won 2-0.
Have to agree, it was uncertain he was going to be fit for this game.
I honestly can't see why people are complaining? 2 goals, clean sheet, no injuries. A win is way more important than how we played. Certain players are off pace, but what did we expect coming into a 12:30 kick off after two weeks on international duty?

The GrandOldTeam forum is pretty divided on “We were done by the ref, no penalty and Konate should have been sent off. With 10 vs 10 we’d have been back in it”. Versus “Dyche tactics at fault, he’s fucking clueless and surrendered at ht”

[edit]

Heres a very excited pair on GOT

davek said:
Liverpool are filth. The refs who hand them victories over us are filth - they are legion and they'll be added to in the future as we get robbed again and again.

But they'll always be Liverpool, a shameful organisation who should't be in existence for all the crimes their supporters have committed.

They can never eradicated their history. A Tory created killing machine.​

Every Everton fan should remember every single day they wake up what a privilege it is they weren’t born a Liverpool fan. Imagine being a completely unaware narcissistic hypocritical paranoid delusional gobshight who blindly happy claps an organisation that’s endorsed murder, racism, managed decline of their local community, and tried to take furlough money despite taking in billions each year. Clap clap clap.

Last edited:
Saw people say he was average, but quietly had a good game:

Ryan Gravenberch vs Everton 62 mins
31/32 successful passes 97% pass accuracy
1 chance created
2/2 success dribbles
7 ball recoveries
3 interceptions
6/8 ground duels won
Most fouled player today.

I've thought the same for a while. I just don't think he's good enough, he relies if physical strength too often,makes bad positional decisions and his distribution is poor. Don't mind him as a squad player competing for a place but I don't think he's close to peak Matip let alone VvD. We probably need 2 new CBs in the next 18 months.

He is still very young for a CB. Wasn’t VVD still at Celtic at his age?

He also has to work much harder with TAA’s new position. Not his best game and a tad lucky.

I did think Pawson was consistent with his though. He was pretty reluctant to show yellows or call many fouls for a derby.

Don’t even think he quietly had a good game, thought he was out best player first half alongside Szobo then kinda faded, still think he was unlucky to be subbed.

Mykolenko played one of the best gems against Salah I have ever seen and Salah knew it. Some credit for Salah being shit goes to an immense defensive performance.

Many defenders are capable now against salah one on one. Diaz and Nunez create more problems than him isolated. Salah is the one that tends to be a force multiplier when we are playing well. He really didn't play well today overall. He took a mean penalty though.

Konate should have gone if based on ref was going to be consistent.

Us being down to 10 won’t have hampered us, them being down to 10 caused us more issues in the end as they were always going to play the way they did and even more so with a man down.

Konate should have gone if based on ref was going to be consistent.

Us being down to 10 won’t have hampered us, them being down to 10 caused us more issues in the end as they were always going to play the way they did and even more so with a man down.
Yep. We looked better first half until the changes at least. First 20-25 mins in 2nd half so was flat.

I thought Konate was saved by how quickly he pulled his hands back after touching the player - the intent to disrupt the counter illegally was there, but the contact itself was minimal - that was not a stonewall yellow IMO.

I thought Konate was saved by how quickly he pulled his hands back after touching the player - the intent to disrupt the counter illegally was there, but the contact itself was minimal - that was not a stonewall yellow IMO.

And that «graze» of the shirt doesnt get 100 kg Beto to fall over like leaf in the wind.

You're an idiot.

Three days ago he went down to the ground with cramp after playing a full 90 against Brazil. He's a pace player. You want to fuck him permanently after we won 2-0.

Lol OK lad. My god you are an awful fucking twat no matter what the chat is. Fuck off and put me on ignore and stick to being the cunt you are in other threads.
Edit... klopp sees him as a supersub. I dont, amongst many others.

CUNT

Have to agree, it was uncertain he was going to be fit for this game.
I honestly can't see why people are complaining? 2 goals, clean sheet, no injuries. A win is way more important than how we played. Certain players are off pace, but what did we expect coming into a 12:30 kick off after two weeks on international duty?

And this is how you respond to a post, not by calling someone an idiot.

And just to add, I wasn't just referring to today, klopp seems to rate all the other strikers above Nunez, even though he warrants a start.

3 points is all that matters. It doesn't really matter whether Nunez starts or not.

So far, Klopp has managed the front line very well imo.

Mykolenko played one of the best gems against Salah I have ever seen and Salah knew it. Some credit for Salah being shit goes to an immense defensive performance.
Don't agree TBH. Mo. had an absolutely terrible touch today. Everything he touched bounced off him. His control was awful. And yet he still knows where the back of the net is.

Anyway. how I saw it :

Mo. 6.5 (and that includes the 2 goals).Had an absolutely terrible touch today. Everything he touched bounced off him. His control was awful. And yet he still knows where the back of the net is.
Jota 5 - Just didn't make anything happen and between the front three everything broke down.
Diaz 5 (his decision making was awful today, he was either too late or made a mess of it)
Nunez 7.5 that was how you break and make it count, great pass and he was a headache for them from the moment he came on.

Elliott 7 another fine cameo
Gravenberch - 8 (MotM) he has delicious control and vision. Don't know why he was subbed off.
Mac - 6 - he got better as the game went on but to begin with he lacked mental acuity (still jet lagged no doubt). When will Klopp learn.
Szobo - 7 - involved and excellent in defence, not much came off today for him though.

Tsimikas - 5 - he looked a handful in attack and was a willing runner, but he gives away a lot of fouls and seems a liability. We will need better quickly.
VvD - 6.5 - not much to do but handled CL easily bar that first minute.
Konate - 6.5 - he did fine for me. You can see that he's trying to rein in his midfield forays since TAA is so advanced.
TAA - 6.5 - I thought he was an Everton defender at one stage he played so far up field. Some nice touches, passes. The advanced position seemed to work OK since Konate covered him well.
Matip 6 - I could see a difference when he came on. He couldn't do the 'Konate cover job' to the same level.

Ali - 6.5 - a nice afternoon in the sun for him.

Last edited:
Anyway. how I saw it :

Mo. 6.5 (and that includes the 2 goals).Had an absolutely terrible touch today. Everything he touched bounced off him. His control was awful. And yet he still knows where the back of the net is.
Jota 5 - Just didn't make anything happen and between the front three everything broke down.
Diaz 5 (his decision making was awful today, he was either too late or made a mess of it)
Nunez 7.5 that was how you break and make it count, great pass and he was a headache for them from the moment he came on.

Elliott 7 another fine cameo
Gravenberch - 8 (MotM) he has delicious control and vision. Don't know why he was subbed off.
Mac - 6 - he got better as the game went on but to begin with he lacked mental acuity (still jet lagged no doubt). When will Klopp learn.
Szobo - 7 - involved and excellent in defence, not much came off today for him though.

Tsimikas - 5 - he looked a handful in attack and was a willing runner, but he gives away a lot of fouls and seems a liability. We will need better quickly.
VvD - 6.5 - not much to do but handled CL easily bar that first minute.
Konate - 6.5 - he did fine for me. You can see that he's trying to rein in his midfield forays since TAA is so advanced.
TAA - I thought he was an Everton defender at one stage he played so far up field. Some nice touches, passes. The advanced position seemed to work OK since Konate covered him well.
Matip 6 - I could see a difference when he came on. He couldn't do the 'Konate cover job' to the same level.

For the most part agree with that, but I think you've been a bit generous with all the mids

Ha.

You also missed your rating of Trent.

On Mac, he’s capable of so much more but I don’t think he’s capable of producing an 8+/10 performance as the 6 sadly.

Mostly agree on the ratings, would bump Virg to a 7 as he was a lot more confident and assured than Ibou out there. Would also bump Diaz up to a 6, feel 5 is harsh for someone who won us a pen and got that little snide cunt sent off.

Ha.

You also missed your rating of Trent.

On Mac, he’s capable of so much more but I don’t think he’s capable of producing an 8+/10 performance as the 6 sadly.

Mostly agree on the ratings, would bump Virg to a 7 as he was a lot more confident and assured than Ibou out there. Would also bump Diaz up to a 6, feel 5 is harsh for someone who won us a pen and got that little snide cunt sent off.
Oh yeah. 6.5 for Trent too.

I think Mac can, and has, produced 8+/10 and MotM performance from the 6 ... but he's not going to do it week in week out. He would be better freed up in the LM ... but then where do we put Gravenberch who I think can make that spot his.

Sorry, Diaz was a major factor in attacks breaking down with poor or slow decision making / execution. Sure he won the penalty and got Young sent off, but that's because both of those Everton players are as thick as fuck. So down to luck rather than planning.

Oh yeah. 6.5 for Trent too.

I think Mac can, and has, produced 8+/10 and MotM performance from the 6 ... but he's not going to do it week in week out. He would be better freed up in the LM ... but then where do we put Gravenberch who I think can make that spot his.

Sorry, Diaz was a major factor in attacks breaking down with poor or slow decision making / execution. Sure he won the penalty and got Young sent off, but that's because both of those Everton players are as thick as fuck. So down to luck rather than planning.

I’d like to see us experiment in one of the Europa games a box midfield with 2 up top.

Endo Grav double pivot and Szobo Mac as the eights supporting Nunez and Mo.

Still think you’re being harsh on Diaz, he still made those things happen by forcing Young into the challenges when for example he could’ve easily checked back and played a simple pass, same with the handball award he takes his man on and makes that half yard of space before looking to create something….gotta give credit for that. Do we win the game without him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom