• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Fulham (H) - EFL Semi - Weds 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t get over that save from Leno on Nunez - Darwin does everything right, he’s just incredibly unlucky how every GK playing against him turns into prime Neuer.

Also Gakpo is a bit of a poacher, isn’t he? A lot of the goals he scored this season have been “garbage goals” - tap ins and the like, but he often ends up in the position to get them.

Good win after a poor first half. Bradley excellent and Macca played well.
Darwin and Gakpo made the difference. There is a reason Klopp is the best manager in the World.

Bradley, Gomez, Jones, Diaz, Jota, Nunez, Gakpo - good.

The rest - meh.

Nunez in peak 'chaos but no chance of actually scoring' mode. But he made a big difference.

Is anyone else worried about MacAllister? The bloke's a WC winner but he looks a bit lost to me.

I can’t get over that save from Leno on Nunez - Darwin does everything right, he’s just incredibly unlucky how every GK playing against him turns into prime Neuer.

Also Gakpo is a bit of a poacher, isn’t he? A lot of the goals he scored this season have been “garbage goals” - tap ins and the like, but he often ends up in the position to get them.

Thought the same. 3 very good finishes. Does everything right and its just fine margins. You’d think the goals will come.

Bradley, Gomez, Jones, Diaz, Jota, Nunez, Gakpo - good.

The rest - meh.

Nunez in peak 'chaos but no chance of actually scoring' mode. But he made a big difference.

Is anyone else worried about MacAllister? The bloke's a WC winner but he looks a bit lost to me.
On current form if everyone was available it would be Endo, Dom, Jones.

The thing is, it sounds lame to say he's unlucky and it'll all change, but given that we're obviously a better team with him in it, there's really no cost to just sitting tight and finding out. At worst he carries on causing chaos and making chances.

I remember Bolton one season and "Jay-Jay" Okocha normal quite clincal infront of goal, but that season it seemed as though every thing that he did seem to hit the wood work. Ball could not find the net...
Nunez has the Okocha curse

Shows what happens when you get both the ball and support in an attacking position.
That goal doesn’t go in if wed tried piss around looking for a perfect opening.
We simply don't do this enough any more - get to the byline and cut it back. Though luckily Bradley and Nunez both like to do this.

DIaz has more skill than Nunez, on the ball, for sure, and is a natural left winger.

Nunez is better in that role for this team than Diaz. Diaz is fast, but not fast enough, so he drops deep, back to goal, and while he can beat someone with trickery (allegedly), Nunez isn't handfighting someone hanging off him when he's got the ball because they have to respect that speed.

We need that outball, especially when there are things that are just suboptimal about our team. There are young players playing, combinations that are untested, midfielders that haven't found their feet. We tried playing some wonderfully worked stuff, then someone gave us a power tool with a fish attachment. Simple goals are going to happen more often than complicated ones.

Gakpos finish was sublime.

Gakpo is a good player who has been asked to play everywhere. But he always puts in a shift and turns up more often than not. Not sure of the stick he gets around here.

Better when playing the Bobby role, but a bit to selfish and greed, needs to be more like Bobby and pass more

Thought Bradley played really well. Jones ran the show along with Mac Allister. Jota also stand out.

Everyone else a bit meh.
Nah I don't think so. Gomez had a good game bar his 2 x L foot crosses, Konate was great most of the time, Nunez and Gakpo both excellent when they came on.

Diaz ineffective, Elliott and Gravy were both mostly crap, Kelleher partly at fault for the goal, beaten at his near post yet again.

Reactions: mom
DIaz has more skill than Nunez, on the ball, for sure, and is a natural left winger.

Nunez is better in that role for this team than Diaz. Diaz is fast, but not fast enough, so he drops deep, back to goal, and while he can beat someone with trickery (allegedly), Nunez isn't handfighting someone hanging off him when he's got the ball because they have to respect that speed.

We need that outball, especially when there are things that are just suboptimal about our team. There are young players playing, combinations that are untested, midfielders that haven't found their feet. We tried playing some wonderfully worked stuff, then someone gave us a power tool with a fish attachment. Simple goals are going to happen more often than complicated ones.

Gakpos finish was sublime.
Diaz produces next to nothing. Heaven and earth when compared to Nunez. It is getting more apparent now. He progresses the ball up the pitch, that's mostly it.

Don't want to be negative but Elliott should never play on the right wing again.
Look at how good Bradley was in the second half.
I'm starting to wonder about Gravenberch, maybe we're starting to see why Bayern didn't want him. He's definitely not a Klopp type midfielder. Based on what we've seen anyway.
He's young and can improve but he's all over the place right now and not in a good way.

Nah I don't think so. Gomez had a good game bar his 2 x L foot crosses, Konate was great most of the time, Nunez and Gakpo both excellent when they came on.

Diaz ineffective, Elliott and Gravy were both mostly crap, Kelleher partly at fault for the goal, beaten at his near post yet again.
Agree with most of that but no way was Kell culpable for that goal. Decent today.

Good win after a poor first half. Bradley excellent and Macca played well.
Darwin and Gakpo made the difference. There is a reason Klopp is the best manager in the World.
He is ... but tonight he was just correcting his own poor team selection. Elliott should never have started in the front three and Gravy is far better on the left and looks out of place on the right. Needless to say, Nunez should have started, it was hardly a brilliant move to bring him and Gakpo on considering Elliott and Gravy were fucking awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom