• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Man City - F*ck You Count Cup Semi Final - Sat 15:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the way you disguise it that's important. I mean that was OTT blatant ! A Red Card offence if you ask me.
Oh no doubt he's infringing but the court of arbitration for like farming seem paralysed when it comes to dealing with him. He's reinventing the discipline.

And I’m going First time in Anfield in about 10 years. Could’ve done without the scum having renewed hope for 4th. What time does the King Harry close at?
If you are enquiring about the possibility of a 'lock in'... Ask for Sean. You can usually find him at the fruit machines at the back. You can't miss him. 6ft 5. Look like a Scando and is very cool. He'll see you right. ;)

Soz Sean ;)

This match is a great demonstration of why we have the best attack in the league. There is just so much variety.

A set-piece, pressing to cause an error and tippy tappy as good as anyone. Only thing missing was a great counter attacking goal.

Anyone who says our attack is one dimensional isn’t watching us play

The first half reminded me of our clashes with City 2-3 years ago - it was good to see us being able to outfight them in midfield once again. Fabinho was very good, I thought, Keita’s presence helped with the high press and Fernandinho should have been sent off. Their ability to break our offside trap is a concern if we play them again this season. Thank God for Alisson!

Do you think this game might derail the City season a bit? I thought before the game that the team who won today might deliver a psychological blow to the other.

Do you think this game might derail the City season a bit? I thought before the game that the team who won today might deliver a psychological blow to the other.

Nah... will only spur them on. It was their B team at the back and in goal, while De Bruyne didn't play. They'll be much better the rest of the season, and I doubt we'll see that back 5 line up together again. They'll win one of the big two. Probably both

As a "by the way" from today's game, do we need to start a thread on Robbo's form.
He was arguably largely responsible for both of the two goals we conceded today.
He hasn't hit the heights of previous seasons for most of this season and we seemingly have more than capable deputy waiting in the wings.
So does Tsimikas deserve more starts in "bigger" games at this stage?

As a "by the way" from today's game, do we need to start a thread on Robbo's form.
He was arguably largely responsible for both of the two goals we conceded today.
He hasn't hit the heights of previous seasons for most of this season and we seemingly have more than capable deputy waiting in the wings.

I'd start Tsimikas on Tuesday.

Playing their reserve keeper against our attack was bordering on madness from Pep.

It was a great performance. The only snag was we're leaking some late goals, but whatever. Any win against City is lovely. I think they're vulnerable enough to give us some hope in the league.

Screenshot_20220416-184205_Facebook.thumb.jpg.2a4b3d5eab608bb9e7d49758ab4371d8.jpg

definitely. He’s not an untouchable, and aside from the mistakes that are creeping into his game he’s been awful and keeping the defensive line all season

Tsimikas as a great threat to Robbo’s place. You’d think it would spur him on.

definitely. He’s not an untouchable, and aside from the mistakes that are creeping into his game he’s been awful and keeping the defensive line all season

Yep. He's played a lot of players onside over the course of the season. He's probably shattered. Played near every game for about 5 years

Playing their reserve keeper against our attack was bordering on madness from Pep.

It was a great performance. The only snag was we're leaking some late goals, but whatever. Any win against City is lovely. I think they're vulnerable enough to give us some hope in the league.

No more madness than starting our reserve in a final. Our reserve is just a helping of lot better!

I thought the Seldom Seen Keita added a new dimension to our midfield in the first half, winning the ball high and then using it with purpose.

He faded badly in the second half although the same could be said for everyone bar Thiago.

Quiffer !

Anyway I sort of miss the argumentative ratings threads and although I'm not going to be arsed making one here's my abbreviated version.

MotM Top 3:
1. Mane
2. Thiago
3. Diaz

Excellent : Mane, Thiago, Diaz
Very Good : Ali (again), Keita (for the most part - easily our best presser/ball winner), Fabinho

Average : VvD, Konate (a real mixed bag from the sublime to the poor), Mo (could have done much better but tracked back well and put the effort in, being double teamed did him no favours). Hendo.

Poor : Trent (didn't have much influence on the match at all - did he make any memorable passes/crosses, I genuinely can't remember any)?
Very poor : Robbo

What stands out is that, disappointingly, Ali aside, our defence wasn't up to it's mark yesterday whilst the midfield, and most of our attack, was definitely at the races even though we could and should have scored more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom