• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Man City - F*ck You Count Cup Semi Final - Sat 15:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
These big games are coming thick and fast, with a home game against United on the Tuesday. Some key legs have been rested, I see us going full strength (whatever that is!) for the next two games and some Benfica-esque rotation against Everton.

--------------Alisson-------------
Trent---Matip---Virgil---Robbo
----------------Fabs---------------
-------Thiago------Keita---------
Salah-------Bobby-------Mane

I think we'll see the original front three with Bobby in form and Jota's pressing being a bit hit & miss last game against City. Hendo was similarly a bit poor off the ball (in my opinion) and should sit this out - obviously Fabinho was also poor in the league game but we can't afford to play without him.

Nice problems to have. City may be without Walker & KDB for this which will be good, but Jesus & Sterling are rested (and Grealish) so this is still going to be a hugely tough game.

With the backing of having 50% of the crowd, plus some pressure taken off given this is a 'lesser' trophy than PL or CL I think we'll play without fear from the first whistle and get a nice win in the bag here.

These big games are coming thick and fast, with a home game against United on the Tuesday. Some key legs have been rested, I see us going full strength (whatever that is!) for the next two games and some Benfica-esque rotation against Everton.

--------------Alisson-------------
Trent---Matip---Virgil---Robbo
----------------Fabs---------------
-------Thiago------Keita---------
Salah-------Bobby-------Mane

I think we'll see the original front three with Bobby in form and Jota's pressing being a bit hit & miss last game against City. Hendo was similarly a bit poor off the ball (in my opinion) and should sit this out - obviously Fabinho was also poor in the league game but we can't afford to play without him.

Nice problems to have. City may be without Walker & KDB for this which will be good, but Jesus & Sterling are rested (and Grealish) so this is still going to be a hugely tough game.

With the backing of having 50% of the crowd, plus some pressure taken off given this is a 'lesser' trophy than PL or CL I think we'll play without fear from the first whistle and get a nice win in the bag here.
I think you're right about the playing without fear. This feels like a free hit. So let's knock them. the fuck. out.

Thiago and Fabs yes. Keita fuck no. BT put the spotlight on him post game. Every time Benfica went forward, Keita was out of position in no man’s land.

It will be

Alisson
Trent
Matip
VVD
Robertson
Fabinho
Thiago
Henderson
Salah
Firmino
Mané

A selected view from the fume.

[article]We were flagging after 60 minutes tonight and it would be madness to throw more of them back into the fray. We'd likely lose and pick up more injuries.
[/article]
[article]Going to be very difficult after tonight’s game and getting kicked off the park whilst Dippers played a 2nd string team and resting all their players, then there is the Oliver factor on top.
But we are capable of winning but just cannot keep missing the chances we are at the moment if we are to win
[/article]
[article]I fear for us on Saturday after tonight - it’s taken a lot out of the tank the last 2 games and knocks to key players makes it doubly hard
[/article]
[article]Big advantage to them being able to rest players tonight and I feel like we will be missing de bruyne and walker bare minimum.
[/article]
[article]We were absolutely fucked after that game tonight so expect a lot of rotation.
[/article]
[article]Left the etihad on Sunday thinking we’ll do them at Wembley. Not so confident now, I think Pep will play a heavily rotated team. Can see Zin, Ake, Fern, Jesus, Sterling and Grealish all starting. Don’t know about the rest.
[/article]
[article]He seemed worried about Injuries just now, clear he thinks walker and de bruyne are out at least
[/article]
[article]I don’t like the way he spoke then. Walker did look fucked and Kev must have felt something more than a minor knock to signal that he needed to come off. I was only thinking on Sunday how fit Kev looked, finally back to full fitness.
[/article]
[article]After seeing the lineup tonight I immediately expected a heavily rotated side, that's just become a certainty after tonight with the energy expelled and the injuries.

I reckon both kdb and walker will be minor issues but even if they're minor and can play in this they'll likely be kept out of this as a precaution. Bernardo looked knackered as did Foden and Rodri.
[/article]
[article]I’d love us to beat them Saturday afternoon but just can’t see it tonight has took a lot out of the lads and injuries as well,league and champions league take priority obviously..
[/article]
Their poll

• Win

Votes: 57.3%
  • Draw (Extra Time / Pens)

Votes: 15.3%
  • Loss

Votes: 27.4%

Total voters
Compared to the league game

• Win

Votes: 75.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 17.3%
  • Loss

Votes: 6.9%

• Total voters

Thiago and Fabs yes. Keita fuck no. BT put the spotlight on him post game. Every time Benfica went forward, Keita was out of position in no man’s land.

It will be

Alisson
Trent
Matip
VVD
Robertson
Fabinho
Thiago
Henderson
Salah
Firmino
Mané
This, but Jones for Hendo…

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Kevin De Bruyne{/td}
{td}Ankle/Foot Injury{/td}
{td}Ankle Injury{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}Currently Being Assessed{/td}
{td}50%{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Kyle Walker{/td}
{td}Ankle Sprain{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}50%{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
I'm guessing KdB will be fit (but maybe on the bench) and Walker out.

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Kevin De Bruyne{/td}
{td}Ankle Injury{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}50%{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Kyle Walker{/td}
{td}Ankle Sprain{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}50%{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
If he is fit I’d be tempted to see if one of ours could test that ankle.

You can tell I set bruise on Xpert 11.

So guessing the City team first and basing this on the number of hard minutes their players put in against us and then AM. Their squad no longer looks as deep as ours, over the past 2-3 Summers they lost players of the quality of Aguero, Sane, Kompany and D. Silva and have not adequately replaced them, which is going to leave them scrambling if the injury reports are accurate and with games coming thick and fast over the next month (PL, FAC. CL).

Their bench last night had quality in Dias, Sterling, Grealish, and arguably Zinchenko. After that there wasn't much depth at all (3 or 4 names I've never heard of) unless you also include a 90 year old Fernandinho who seems at odds with Guardiola.

Given player availability (assuming they don't make someone start their third 90 mins in a week) then they may revert to their 3 - 3 - 3 - 1 hoping to break our high line again.

------------------------- Ederson

Ake --------------------- Dias -------------- Zinchenko

B. Silva ---------- Fernandinho --------Gundogan

Mahrez -------------- Jesus ------------- Grealish

------------------------ Sterling

I’d be tempted to play Diaz, Firmino and Salah. Diaz was great last night. But I think Klopp would go tried and tested.

Bearing in mind Klopp's comments on resting players for Benfica and on the minutes played over the last two games and with United on Tuesday :

--------------------------- Alisson

Trent ------- Konate -----------VvD --------- Robbo

------------------------ Fabinho

------------- Jones --------------- Keita

Salah --------------- Jota ------------- Mane
(Bobby for Jota after 55-60 mins)

Milner, Ox., Minamino, Origi and Elliott could also be in line for game time if not as starters. Gomez, Hendo, Thiago, Firmino and Diaz all on the bench and will stay there unless urgently required. I would prefer Hendo or Thiago in for one of Jones or Keita but if we are managing minutes then it doesn't make as much sense.

I then expect to see Matip, Hendo, Thiago, Firmino and Diaz all brought back to start vs. United.

The only negatives I see are that Dias will be returning and we put our stronger team on the park at 3-1 up and came off 3-3 lucky not to concede a fourth.

The back 5 is obvious so that plus

Fabs - Thiago - Hendo

Diaz - Jota - Salah

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Kevin De Bruyne{/td}
{td}Ankle Injury{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}50%{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Kyle Walker{/td}
{td}Ankle Sprain{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}50%{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

If there is any doubt at all, Pep will rest him rather than rush him back for a domestic cup when they need every point possible in the PL and a tough CL semi. Obviously it would be ideal if he starts the semi and gets injured even further.

So guessing the City team first and basing this on the number of hard minutes their players put in against us and then AM. Their squad no longer looks as deep as ours, over the past 2-3 Summers they lost players of the quality of Aguero, Sane, Kompany and D. Silva and have not adequately replaced them, which is going to leave them scrambling if the injury reports are accurate and with games coming thick and fast over the next month (PL, FAC. CL).

Their bench last night had quality in Dias, Sterling, Grealish, and arguably Zinchenko. After that there wasn't much depth at all (3 or 4 names I've never heard of) unless you also include a 90 year old Fernandinho who seems at odds with Guardiola.

Given player availability (assuming they don't make someone start their third 90 mins in a week) then they may revert to their 3 - 3 - 3 - 1 hoping to break our high line again.

------------------------- Ederson

Ake --------------------- Dias -------------- Zinchenko

B. Silva ---------- Fernandinho --------Gundogan

Mahrez -------------- Jesus ------------- Grealish

------------------------ Sterling

If Walker is out I can see them doing something like

Ederson
Cancelo Dias Laporte Zinchenko
Rodri Bernardo
Grealish
Mahrez Jesus Sterling

I like how Klopp is carefully using Diaz. He's our trump card and opposition know it. "Will he play ? Will he not ?". Messes with their emotions...and tactics obv.

And then we've got a hungry Harvs waiting. Nobody know if he'll even be on the bench. Useful player to bring on when legs are tired, and has a goal or two in him.

But wait, there's another ace up Liverpool's sleeve. Lord Divock. A tested and proven supersub.

I dunno about you, but if i was the opposition, i'll be scared shitless.

Ask Pep. He knows.
Ask the Fume. They know.

If Walker is out I can see them doing something like

Ederson
Cancelo Dias Laporte Zinchenko
Rodri Bernardo
Grealish
Mahrez Jesus Sterling
That would be Cancelo, Laporte and Rodri's 3rd start in a week (after really hard games vs us and AM). I would be surprised if they started though their next two games are amongst the easiest they have remaining (H Brighton Wed & H Watford on the following Sat) so could all miss Brighton instead. That said Brighton seem to be be back in form and may not be that easy to roll over.

That would be Cancelo, Laporte and Rodri's 3rd start in a week (after really hard games vs us and AM). I would be surprised if they started though their next two games are amongst the easiest they have remaining (H Brighton Wed & H Watford on the following Sat) so could all miss Brighton instead. That said Brighton seem to be be back in form and may not be that easy to roll over.

If they do go 90-100% strength against us it will really put the spotlight on Brighton would still need one or two results to be 100% sure

(Although it’s seems the bottom 3 are certain now)

KDB out is massive for the Cup sf. I think he's the best player in the world right now. He's probably my favourite non-Liverpool player. He scares the shit out of me whenever we play City.

Last edited:
So it seems ….

i still wonder if we can believe this…because if a team is chosen by Klopp based on this info, and they do play these two..could fuck us up..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom