• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Man City (H) - Sunday 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortunate to get a point there. You have to be at your very best to beat City and we were nowhere near it.

If today proves anything it's that we are short of quality in reserve.

Wow.

What a match..

In short, no composure in the 1st half, but got away with it. Seems like we get nervous v the bid Teams and show them too much respect (RM in C L last year amongst others)

2nd half, some good stuff including one of Mos best ever goals. Really terrible effort to hold onto the lead both times.one if klopps blind spots it seems...

Henderson dreadful. Very lucky with Milner staying on. Firmino was also useless when he came on. Fabinho poor.

Mo. Just fucking make him one of the best paid players in the world.

Best player in the PL currently.

We badly missed Trent today, he'd have defended better and supplied Salah more, as soon as we got him in the game second half we looked dangerous on every attack.

Our midfield was non existent today, just as they were against Brentford. Can't hold onto the ball, can't dictate the tempo. Fabinho looked knackered, Henderson was absolute gash and I forgot Jones was on the pitch until about the 75th minute.

I love Milner but that should be the last time he starts at full back, how he didn't get sent off I'll never know. He was a total liability all game. His legs are gone he can't play 2 games a week.

The only reason we got anything from this game is down to one player, with two moments of genius he shredded the City defence which has been airtight this season. Salah is arguably the best player in the world right now, and FSG are wondering if he's worth £300k a week.

Pity for Curtis Jones, invisible.
We need Thiago and Keita healthy - they are going to be important for if we're to push for the title.

Pity for Curtis Jones, invisible.
We need Thiago and Keita healthy - they are going to be important for if we're to push for the title.

I don't think the midfield as a unit is a particularly good midfield, it's too flat and similar, there's no one in there who really carries the ball and carves chances out, we don't have a playmaker, we've needed one for ages but even more so when we don't have good technicians like Thiago available, and having lost Gini. That's not on the three who started, they looked tired after midweek but they can all play in that midfield, just preferably in different combinations with someone who is capable of mixing it up a bit. They were all second to everything today but I put that down to fatigue, which is where our threadbare squad comes back in. FSG have done wonders in many respects, but they are being recklessly complacent at the moment with the transfer policy.

That was the full 90 mins x 3 times in 8 days for Fabs. I mentioned last week this could be an issue and that Porto was the game to rest him in if at all possible. Can't blame him for being sluggish after that week.

That was the full 90 mins x 3 times in 8 days for Fabs. I mentioned last week this could be an issue and that Porto was the game to rest him in if at all possible. Can't blame him for being sluggish after that week.
He’s not in the Brazil squad is he? If not that’s a decent break for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom