• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Newcastle (a) - PL - Sat 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 12.30 timing is the worst possible one for players fasting. Reckon Salah, Mane and Keita need to be managed carefully for this one.
You dont have to fast if you are travelling. Surley the trip up to toon counts, even the day before.

Totally agree. Was at a corporate ( by invitation) outing in Anfield a few weeks ago for Watford game. Should have had a lovely lunch but ko changed to 12.30 so had to settle for cumberland fucking sausages! What the fuck are they? In fairness the free drink was all good.

But on the flip side we've got Spurs next week at half seven. I'm opening a pub that day and we're in the final of the Lancashire brewery challenge. It doesn't matter where I am, but at 5pm I can say, sorry, I need to get to the match. Everyone ok?

*Doesn't wait for a reply*

I think it is time to trust the large medical team who have access to vast in match and in training fitness data and extensive expertise in the field to make the decisions on the capacity to play for the individual players.
Who may well recommend that Salah can't play more than thirty minutes on Saturday.
He is though the fittest and least rotated of our forwards and so far it doesn't seem to have unduly effected him
Also don't forget our asthma inhalers, a few puffs at h/t will have our lads running an extra 10km

If I read this right then the early start May play to us as the squad are adjusted to early training due to the switch for Ramadan

I wouldn’t be rotating too many for this game - I’d prefer to see likes of Konate, the Greek, Gomez, Milner and Jones get more playing time against Villarreal.

Even then, I’m inclined to bring some of them on early rather than take a risk.

Team to face Newcastle: Alisson, Gomez, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Keita, Henderson, Milner, Jota, Mane, Diaz.

Subs: Kelleher, Fabinho, Konate, Thiago, Salah, Jones, Tsimikas, Alexander-Arnold, Elliott.

Have we started the league cup defence early? Because that teams reeks of early doors domestic cup

At least the midfield does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom