• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Newcastle (a) - PL - Sat 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
I've been more worried about this one than most others lately, given Newcastle's recent form, only playing PL games and a general YOLO attitude. The good news - they don't park the bus (great memories of playing Eddie Howe's Bournemouth) so we WILL get chances.

For me - Matip, Naby & Jota will all come back in, although I would love to see the same front three as last night.

-------------Alisson--------------
Trent--Matip--Virgil--Robbo
---------------Fabs--------------
--------Thiago----Keita--------
Salah------Mane------Jota

A win here puts the pressure back on City - this is how I prefer it. Let's fucking go.

I will miss this one due to coaching my rock bottom of the league U14 water polo team.

Hopefully Newcastle will perform in the same manner as my team, Liverpool players streaming through the midfield unchallenged, cutting through the defence and being one on one with the keeper.

Time after time.

I will miss this one due to coaching my rock bottom of the league U14 water polo team.

Hopefully Newcastle will perform in the same manner as my team, Liverpool players streaming through the midfield unchallenged, cutting through the defence and being one on one with the keeper.

Time after time.
Shit in the pool then go to the local boozer and watch the game

On the negative side six home wins on the bounce and a fully rested squad. The st Andrews crowd will be roaring in the belief they are back in the big time. Saint-Maximin could have one of those games where he decides he wants to win.

On the positive side they are now safe and will be more interested in who stays/goes over the summer. They are not going to be allowed to park the bus, the Galllowgate would go mad. So an open game for us to exploit.

Time after time.
Stop teaching them to play a high line a la VvD - I don't think it works as well in Water Polo as football.

On the negative side six home wins on the bounce and a fully rested squad. The st Andrews crowd will be roaring in the belief they are back in the big time. Saint-Maximin could have one of those games where he decides he wants to win.

On the positive side they are now safe and will be more interested in who stays/goes over the summer. They are not going to be allowed to park the bus, the Galllowgate would go mad. So an open game for us to exploit.
On the plus side when is the last time Newcastle won 7 at home on the bounce? Every series has to end sometime. Newcastle's will be this weekend.

Time after time.

*opens notepad*

So… which game did you last fail to watch - and was the failure to watch specifically related to training this water polo team?

Mane & Hendo came off first, I'd expect them to start. Thiago has to be rested and likely Diaz as well as he tired late on yesterday. Will Tsimikas, Firmino and Jones come in? If they are fit then The Greek to start for me (Bobby + Jones on after 60 - 70 mins). Gomez is another potential starter for TAA. Matip in for sure for Konate.

Jones to replace Fabs, with Hendo dropping back into DM, if all is going to plan (ca. 70 mins).

------------------- Alisson

Trent ---- Matip ------- VvD ------ Tsimikas

-------------------- Fabs

------- Hendo -------------- Keita

Salah ----------- Mane ------------- Jota

*opens notepad*

So… which game did you last fail to watch - and was the failure to watch specifically related to training this water polo team?
I do remember this happening at some point this season already. Hopefully I don't cause the Quadfailure.

I do remember this happening at some point this season already. Hopefully I don't cause the Quadfailure.

The devil will be in the detail Bradley - that’s how we catch our Jinxers.

Was it West Ham… Leicester?

Surely its time to bench Salah for his own sake, and bring him on as a game changer in the last 30m if need be? He has been playing almost every game for 90m

The 12.30 timing is the worst possible one for players fasting. Reckon Salah, Mane and Keita need to be managed carefully for this one.

The 12.30 timing is the worst possible one for players fasting. Reckon Salah, Mane and Keita need to be managed carefully for this one.
i think they will skip fasting for the day.
i saw keita skip fasting during our previous match. was it united?
saw him drinking

I reckon they'll still fast. They've switched the timings on training to mornings to make it easier during Ramadan. Also with Eid being on Sunday or Monday normal service will be resumed for the second leg of the Villarreal game

Surely its time to bench Salah for his own sake, and bring him on as a game changer in the last 30m if need be? He has been playing almost every game for 90m
I think it is time to trust the large medical team who have access to vast in match and in training fitness data and extensive expertise in the field to make the decisions on the capacity to play for the individual players.
Who may well recommend that Salah can't play more than thirty minutes on Saturday.
He is though the fittest and least rotated of our forwards and so far it doesn't seem to have unduly effected him

I'd be tempted to play Konate in this. They will exploit the ball in behind, especially behind Trent, so we need decent recovery on that side. Or play Gomez.

Here we go. This is where the title push comes to a halt. Not with a bang, but with a deflected joelinton effort

More like Dwight Gayle - the Newcastle version of Origi for us

Any chance of Minamino getting a look in before the end of the season do you think?

I'm with this guy (Jones on Sky) :

Having watched most of Newcastle's games under Eddie Howe, there is a case of overachievement on show here. Aggregate scores can be a pretty flimsy way of collating a strong opinion on a team but in their last 11 games where Newcastle have taken 25 points the aggregate score in those fixtures are just 16-11. That is backed up by the expected goals data which is eerily similar at 16.02-11.8.

This showcases that Howe's men are winning matches by fine margins, meaning their current points per game ratio will be unsustainable in the short term. Howe has also faced all the top five teams since taking over and has lost all five games to an aggregate score of 15-2.

A Liverpool victory is the most likely outcome but Newcastle do have the defensive capabilities to make this a tricky task.

Ryan Fraser not training currently & Trippier and Wilson definitely still out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom