• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre-match thread Man U (H) - 5 March 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I have to say I was not confident about Harvey starting but he really turned up his performance another notch yesterday.
Really encouraging.

It’s hard to forget he’s still young because it feels like he’s been around for ages.

I’ve said it before, there’s no reason why he can’t be as good for us as Bernardo Silva has been for City.

It's a great win but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. It's just one game.

I have seen Gakpo, Nunez, Salah and Elliott praised to high earth but we need a reality check here. We are not at the top of the table.

We have City, Chelsea, Real and Arsenal coming up. Let's evaluate who are the real mcCoys thereafter shall we?

Yeah, it's kinda hard after such a result and that second half performance. But, yeah, Elliot was ropey in the first half for me and Nunez had a pretty shit first half - lost the ball too many times.

Still, we needed that. The team but the fans as well.

Bournemouth away will be equally important. Need to show the same desire, hunger and attitude. Will probably be the biggest test to see if we have turned any sort of corner. Need 3 points.

It's a great win but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. It's just one game.

I have seen Gakpo, Nunez, Salah and Elliott praised to high earth but we need a reality check here. We are not at the top of the table.

We have City, Chelsea, Real and Arsenal coming up. Let's evaluate who are the real mcCoys thereafter shall we?
Or, let's all go mental after the biggest win against our biggest rivals that we've ever seen in our lifetime.

Bournemouth away will be equally important. Need to show the same desire, hunger and attitude. Will probably be the biggest test to see if we have turned any sort of corner. Need 3 points.
We're against O'Neil as well who was one of our coaches for a bit so he will know our systems well

I'm not 100% sure we've 'turned the corner' yet (so many small mistakes still) ...

The key though seems to be:

1) Healthy Konate
2) Fabinho getting closer to 75% Fabinho from last year
3) Hendo being rested to allow him to play nearer his level.
4) the front 3 functioning doing what the old front 3 did - in terms of being able to create goals with little involvement from the midfield.

We need to have turned the corner for the city - cheslea - arsenal run in :)

Biggest concern though is once Thiago returns, our midfield balance goes ...

330795386_191821400137210_4072529721211603736_n.jpg

[article]Roberto Firmino scoring Liverpool’s seventh and final goal on Sunday was such an apt way to complete their perfect day. Two goals each for Mohamed Salah, Darwin Núñez and Cody Gakpo pointed to Jürgen Klopp having found his next all-star forward line, and then on came the outgoing legend to cap it all with a neat finish and that trademark smile. Neither of the new men – nor Diogo Jota – is a like-for-like replacement for what Firmino and Sadio Mané once brought to Liverpool but Gakpo’s speed and finishing, plus Núñez’s chaotic element, can still complement Salah. Gakpo arrived at Liverpool in January as a player unfamiliar with playing centrally but Sunday confirmed him as the heir apparent to Firmino. Salah, Liverpool’s new record Premier League goalscorer, was at his brilliant best, a pest to Manchester United even during his team’s difficult first half. He remains a cut above, near-impossible to stop in full flow and drove Luke Shaw, in particular, to distraction.
[/article]

Behave.
1. He just became our leading ever goal scorer in the EPL surpassing Fowler.
2. He became the leading goal scorer of any player in any team against Man U (11).
3. He just made it 6-0 at the Kop end against our biggest rivals.
4. He just became the first ever Liverpool player to score in 5 games in a row against Man U.
5. He just had his best game in a year after getting abuse of many sections of fans.
6. He just put MoMo back in his box for another week.

If that doesn’t justify a celebration like this!!

"Behave" my Arsenal. Celebrate for sure, but nothing "justifies" doing it in a way which earns a booking every time. It's pointless and it could cost us dearly one day.

I'm not 100% sure we've 'turned the corner' yet (so many small mistakes still) ...

The key though seems to be:

1) Healthy Konate
2) Fabinho getting closer to 75% Fabinho from last year
3) Hendo being rested to allow him to play nearer his level.
4) the front 3 functioning doing what the old front 3 did - in terms of being able to create goals with little involvement from the midfield.

We need to have turned the corner for the city - cheslea - arsenal run in :)

Biggest concern though is once Thiago returns, our midfield balance goes ...

If our upturn in form continues then I dont think Thiago gets into the team.

If our upturn in form continues then I dont think Thiago gets into the team.

I hope you're right but I think Klopp's loyalty will result in a revert to Fabinho - Hendo - Thiago, which I think hurts both Fabinho and Hendo (unless they're 'back' form wise - which I'm hesitating to believe in yet).

I hope you're right but I think Klopp's loyalty will result in a revert to Fabinho - Hendo - Thiago, which I think hurts both Fabinho and Hendo (unless they're 'back' form wise - which I'm hesitating to believe in yet).

I really hope you're wrong. The mobility that Bajcetic and the last two games with Elliott have really injected a upturn in our counter pressing.
Hopefully Klopp sees this. Our midfield doesnt get as exposed when its set up with the right players.
The Fab - Hendo - Thiago must surely be of the past now.

It's a strange 1 with Thiago and this is where I'm a little torn because statistically hasn't he been our best midfielder this season? Certainly coming from one that's watched every single game this season it appears to look that way.

I know the last few results in his absence (excluding Madrid) have been very welcoming but performance wise (excluding Utd) we haven't really seen anything like the Pool of old.

I really hope you're wrong. The mobility that Bajcetic and the last two games with Elliott have really injected a upturn in our counter pressing.
Hopefully Klopp sees this. Our midfield doesnt get as exposed when its set up with the right players.
The Fab - Hendo - Thiago must surely be of the past now.

From your mouth to ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom