• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre-match thread Man U (H) - 5 March 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched a clip of carragher criticising casemeiro. I was wondering about this even before the weekend, will he be good long enough not to become a bad signing? Top player but coming to the PL in your 30’s as a midfielder is not a long term arrangement.

Plenty of potential for him to become a burden to the squad and wage bill rather quickly. Fingers crossed.

Cant post the image when I’m on my phone but Casemiro 62% pass accuracy, no tackles yesterday.

That said without him this season they’d be below Chelsea and without him and Rashford they’d be below Everton.

Yea not his greatest game. £60-70m for a couple of seasons, is it worth it? Makes Bellinghams fee seem fair.

Yea not his greatest game. £60-70m for a couple of seasons, is it worth it? Makes Bellinghams fee seem fair.
Definitely wasnt when signing was announced and I still think not but the more you give it thought and access where they were last season to now….they’ve gone from potentially 6th and no trophies to being back in CL, league cup, most likely in FA cup semi and also in with a big shot at Europa league.

Then again a lot has changed with Utd, signed Varane who’s helped, dropped Maguire and Mctomminay indefinitely, Fred also was dropped until Eriksen got injured. And Ten Haag coming in to do all the above and get Rashford back in gear.

"Behave" my Arsenal. Celebrate for sure, but nothing "justifies" doing it in a way which earns a booking every time. It's pointless and it could cost us dearly one day.
He’s done it less than a handful of times in 6 years. Not sure how a booking would cost us bearly? He wouldn’t do it on a yellow and he wouldn’t do it 1 card away from a ban either.

He’s done it less than a handful of times in 6 years. Not sure how a booking would cost us bearly? He wouldn’t do it on a yellow and he wouldn’t do it 1 card away from a ban either.

I don’t know how it could cost us bearly either.

I don’t think anyone does.

Yogi might know, I suppose.

333954107_242297164891454_6489032668629888677_n.jpg

Just watched a clip of carragher criticising casemeiro. I was wondering about this even before the weekend, will he be good long enough not to become a bad signing? Top player but coming to the PL in your 30’s as a midfielder is not a long term arrangement.

Plenty of potential for him to become a burden to the squad and wage bill rather quickly. Fingers crossed.

I think he will be a drag on the wage bill 6 months from now. Brazilian, 31 and built like a kebab shop owner is not a combo for longevity.

Once is too often for any needless booking, but "less than a handful" is OTT anyway. I don't buy "wouldn't do it on a yellow" etc.either - it's an emotional reaction (if it's not and he's fully conscious of the consequences that's flat out unprofessional, to borrow ten Hag's word) and a risk he, and we, can do without.

Thanks for posting.

I pay as much attention to the off-field things as to those on the field when I watch one of these videos and a couple of things in particular struck me. One: the other lot were flat as a pancake on the way out before kickoff whereas we were right in the zone. Two: after the final whistle Klopp made a point of giving Bajcetic, who might well have been disappointed not to be selected, an extra-long Klopp hug to make sure he felt included. Those little details count.

Tbh I don't think he was very popular with them to start with, especially since he's gone like like 10 games without a goal.

Seem to recall him whilst at Wolfsburg banging in a lot of goals saying he dreamt playing for Liverpool one day.

Once is too often for any needless booking, but "less than a handful" is OTT anyway. I don't buy "wouldn't do it on a yellow" etc.either - it's an emotional reaction (if it's not and he's fully conscious of the consequences that's flat out unprofessional, to borrow ten Hag's word) and a risk he, and we, can do without.
It couldn’t be more planned every time he does it imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom