• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - West Ham (H) - Sun 1400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mo's fault. All he had to do was take the ball first time and not let it bounce and he was in possession. Stupid.

Horrendous defending. Bowen scores. Looking at you van Dijk

Not sure, Bowen does well to wrong foot him and buy a yard of space gambling the ball will be short. When it drops to him he then executes the header perfectly, sometimes you just concede to a good piece of play.

I think our comebacks have papered over a lot of cracks. Not sure we're going to be anything other than challenging for the top 4 this season.

I think our comebacks have papered over a lot of cracks. Not sure we're going to be anything other than challenging for the top 4 this season.

There have been long stretches in every game bar Bournemouth where weve been completely on the ropes and could have lost to Chelsea, Wolves or Newcastle.

That said given the significant changes we made in the summer I don't think that's surprising. But we can't expect to get away with a malfunctioning midfield every week

I think Mac is hit and miss at the six. Klopp clearly rates him over Endo at the minute and he's not exactly spoilt for options. Ultimately he's not very tall or strong, so there will always be games where he'll struggle.

As Mystic says, both teams are playing good stuff and a draw is a fair result, it may even flatter us if you look at direct chances created.

Nunez isn't getting involved as much as I'd like, and I do not feel the left side is functioning as well.

Not sure, Bowen does well to wrong foot him and buy a yard of space gambling the ball will be short. When it drops to him he then executes the header perfectly, sometimes you just concede to a good piece of play.
Nah, I can't excuse that.

Feels like Jones, MacAllister and Szoboszlai all want to play in the same area

The balance of the midfield isn't quite right, I think that much has been evident since the start of the season.

We have a player wearing the #10 shirt playing in a withdrawn role (though not always), which looks wrong on paper and looks wrong on the pitch too. Hopefully MacAllister will improve. I didn't watch much of him at Brighton so can't compare his role here to what is being asked of him here but he's often in high risk situations and he needs to be much sharper and more decisive in his play.

And Klopp needs to help too. The interplay has been better today but often the man on the ball is a little too isolated with passing lanes blocked and that leads to dawdling and indecisiveness on the ball, which keeps costing us.

The left side today has been poor. Diaz I'm becoming less and less impressed with sadly.

The left side today has been poor. Diaz I'm becoming less and less impressed with sadly.

Diaz is no Mane. Slows up our counter attacking play at times because he's so right footed. Mane could progress the ball forward (and protect it), with both feet. (Remember the way he carried the ball forward with his left foot, on the break for the counter attack against Everton for Shaq's goal (playing him in with a disguised pass on his right foot).

Diaz seems limited in the ball-carrying attribute. Also he's not as strong, explosive or as good a finisher head/feet. He's a good player, but sadly not world class.

I think Diaz has been one of our better players but a bit isolated by Jones being a passenger again. I think we need Jones off and either Endo or Gravenberch in the 6 role.

Diaz is no Mane. Slows up our counter attacking play at times because he's so right footed. Mane could progress the ball forward (and protect it), with both feet. (Remember the way he carried the ball forward with his left foot, on the break for the counter attack against Everton for Shaq's goal (playing it with his right foot).

Diaz seems limited in the attribute. Also not as strong, explosive or as good a finisher head/feet. He's a good player, but sadly not world class.
I think he can be if he trusts himself more on one vs ones, like he was pre-injury. Hopefully he gets his confidence back in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom