• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - West Ham (H) - Sun 1400

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought both Jones and Gomez were dodgy for the first 20 mins or so but both improved considerably. Mac was just a little better but also had a slow start. Diaz needs to make more direct runs and get past players, he has the skill and speed to do that. The power of our 5 forwards was yet again the difference but our midfield, when Szobo starts, is taking shape and starting to dominate matches again.

Ali - 8
Gomez - 6.5
Matip - 7
Virgil - 7
Robbo - 6.5
Mac - 6.5
Jones - 6.5
Szobo - 8
Salah - 7.5
Nunez - 7.5
Diaz - 6

Jota - 7

Gomez 6.5 is incredibly harsh, same rating as Robbo....Froggy are you alright lad?
Perfectly fine thanks mate. I have no idea whatsoever how you gave Robbo a 5 ! What on earth is that about? He did well in attack and that was clearly Klopp's idea for him to push forward. Corners were good too.
Gomez was poor for the first 20 mins until he got into the match but he still lost the ball a bit too often for my liking.

Perfectly fine thanks mate. I have no idea whatsoever how you gave Robbo a 5 ! What on earth is that about? He did well in attack and that was clearly Klopp's idea for him to push forward. Corners were good too.
Gomez was poor for the first 20 mins until he got into the match but he still lost the ball a bit too often for my liking.
I can understand the rating for Robbo, there were a few times he over committed and made stupid fouls leading to dangerous set pieces.

I can understand the rating for Robbo, there were a few times he over committed and made stupid fouls leading to dangerous set pieces.
You have to balance the pros and the cons and Robbo made a very positive contribution to the midfield / attack. 6.5 I feel is a very good balance for his game today. You and Bino don't, fair enough.

Ha. It's good to hear mate.

My reasoning for giving Robbo a 5? I counted about 5 times he hoofed it up to no one, what's that about?

What was he doing for the goal, he was at CB and 10 yards deeper than anyone else?

How many silly needless fouls did he give away? 3? I saw Paqueta make him look silly by flicking a ball over his head because he over committed.

I could go on but I'll leave it there Froggy :)

Poor performance from me.

Early in the 2015/16 season W.Ham came to our gaff and embarrassed us 3-0. I was at a family party that day and a non-Liverpool supporting cousin enjoyed giving me the news. I told him to get his money on Jürgen Klopp replacing Brodgers by Christmas. Shoulda taken my own advice as he arrived in October.

Ha. It's good to hear mate.

My reasoning for giving Robbo a 5? I counted about 5 times he hoofed it up to no one, what's that about?

What was he doing for the goal, he was at CB and 10 yards deeper than anyone else?

How many silly needless fouls did he give away? 3? I saw Paqueta make him look silly by flicking a ball over his head because he over committed.

I could go on but I'll leave it there Froggy :)

Poor performance from me.
Intentional Obfuscation Yew no Notting.

Last edited:
Lovely win and great 3 points. We just maul the opposition to pieces.
Several good performances and Szobo was insanely good. Such a don!

Good win.

Defending is still ropey— although Matip bossed Antonio, van Dijk wasn’t aware of where his man was for most the match. The attack and midfield are clocking in nicely, though,

Good win.

Defending is still ropey— although Matip bossed Antonio, van Dijk wasn’t aware of where his man was for most the match. The attack and midfield are clocking in nicely, though,
Robbo was shit.

Must've turned his back on every cross that came from his side, awful habit he has.

What a midfield we’ll have once we land a top tier DM or develop one in badger. Also interesting to see the Thiago option alongside the new lads.

Robbo wasnt shit and Virgil had control bar the goal which was brillinatly taken bty Bowen.
Jeezes some on here are critical.
Must have dreamed Bowen’s having two free headers, then, one right at the start and the other after our opener.

What a midfield we’ll have once we land a top tier DM or develop one in badger. Also interesting to see the Thiago option alongside the new lads.

Still some way from full fitness

bandaged-man-in-hospital-catch-22-1970-RYYDH8.jpg

The disrespect for Curtis Jones' performance in here is ridiculous, the guy was leading the press the entire game, his performance alongside Dominiks was the reason we dominated their midfield.

He did ok but he certainly wasn't a star performer, like his 2 previous outings....a forgettable display. Some will agree, others won't. Is every fan supposed to share the same analysis of how each player played from 1-10?

Robbo wasnt shit and Virgil had control bar the goal which was brillinatly taken bty Bowen.
Jeezes some on here are critical.

Some on here are also as much complimentary as they are critical, look as both sides of the spectrum....I've given my reasons why I thought Robbo was shit and that's that......he had a shocking habit of turning his back on crosses and that's when he's getting out quickly to try and close down the crosser (nowhere to be found for Bowen's goal)....he also hoofed the ball about 7043 feet into the air about half a dozen times and the frustration grew on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom