• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Prematch vs FIFA City (H) Sunday 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I thought Thiago played yesterday but he didn't (I didn't see the game)

Yeah, he came on for the last 25 minutes together with Salah and Robbo - clearly being saved for the City game.

Fabinho was pretty poor vs Rangers and like I said, I don’t want to see Hendo against City (even as a sub), so we just have to hope that Fabs can raise his level to his normal (before this season) levels of performance for this one game. He has normally been good against City; he knows what to do.

I'm actually looking forward to watching Konate & VvD up against Haaland. They (our CBs) put him to bed in the CS so hope they can do it again. Maybe I'm just a masochist.

We'll at least have two CBs with the pace and physicality to match Haaland.
The game will be won in midfield though. If we let them get control we'll have no chance.

---------------------Alisson
--Gomez--Konate--VVD--Robertson
------Elliott---Fabinho--Thiago--
------------------Firmino
------------Salah------Jota-------------

Trying to find the right mix of a solid platform, a side that can compete in the middle, maintain possession, and can damage them on the counter.

I think we'll likely get fucked in the midfield and be scrambling for a lot of the game.

I don't think this is one for Harvey, unless he's filling in in one of the front positions. He's doesn't have the athleticism to compete in midfield, and is far too easily bypassed. I can't see anything other than Fabs, Hendo and Thiago in midfield, and even that fills me with dread.

I don't think this is one for Harvey, unless he's filling in in one of the front positions. He's doesn't have the athleticism to compete in midfield, and is far too easily bypassed. I can't see anything other than Fabs, Hendo and Thiago in midfield, and even that fills me with dread.

I'd rather put Firmino in MF and just say "Follow KDB" as someone mentioned earlier.
We're probably fucked regardless.

Mind you, can't watch this game either ...

Loving your impression of Hal, LTW.

Sorry!

We just beat a great team 7-1! Our defense has been a solid, awesome unit this season, and with the midfield trio of Hendo, Fabinho & Thiago, we have an in form trio who can combat Man City's midfield and neutralize them, while also creating enough opportunities for our red hot strikers who hammered the aforementioned Rangers team for us to comfortably win 4-0.

COME ON YOU REDMEN!!!!

Sorry!

We just beat a great team 7-1! Our defense has been a solid, awesome unit this season, and with the midfield trio of Hendo, Fabinho & Thiago, we have an in form trio who can combat Man City's midfield and neutralize them, while also creating enough opportunities for our red hot strikers who hammered the aforementioned Rangers team for us to comfortably win 4-0.

COME ON YOU REDMEN!!!!

Hahaha!

:kiss:
xxx

i seem to recall Ibou took a knock in the last game. He did continue, hope all is well with him and he just trained elsewhere for some reason

Edit; he may of been in the loo for photos ..hope so 😀

Last edited:

Key player absent from training & Trent World Cup boost? – Latest Liverpool FC News

In Friday’s Liverpool news round up, a key player was not pictured in training as the Reds prepare to host Man City on Sunday, while Trent Alexander-Arnold‘s chances of being included in England’s World Cup squad could have been boosted.

Konate an injury worry?

As Liverpool trained at the AXA on Friday, one key player appeared to be absent.
Ibrahima Konate was nowhere to be seen in any of the images from the session, which has led to concerns over his availability ahead of this weekend’s clash with the Premier League champions.
Jurgen Klopp was noticeably coy on the injury situation in his pre-match press conference, claiming he was yet to find out who would be available, without naming any names.
Having only recently returned from a knee injury that his kept him out of action since the end of July, Konate made his first start of the season against Rangers on Wednesday, completing 78 minutes, having come off the bench against Arsenal.
It was assumed that his withdrawal at Ibrox was just a case of Klopp managing the Frenchman’s workload, but his absence from Friday’s session has led to concerns that he may have picked up another injury.
However, it’s worth pointing out that Thiago missed last Friday’s session ahead of the Reds’ clash with Arsenal, before playing the full 90 minutes at the Emirates two days later.
With Joel Matip also sidelined, Konate’s absence would likely mean that James Milner would have to play at right-back against City, with Joe Gomez alongside Virgil van Dijk at the heart of the defence.
Let’s hope this is just another case of the club protecting an important player during a hectic period of the season.

• Alexander-Arnold‘s chances of making England’s squad for the World Cup look to have increased today, amid news that Chelsea‘s Reece James may miss the tournament with a knee injury. Alexander-Arnold and Walker are also injured at present.
  • Mateusz Musialowski was among six youngsters involved in Friday’s session at the AXA, with a full list of the players who took part here.

• Having previously cast doubt over Erling Haaland’s fitness ahead of Man City‘s trip to Liverpool, Pep Guardiola has now confirmed he is available.

• 2018 World Cup winner N’Golo Kante is not expected to recover from injury in time for this year’s tournament, according to L’Equipe.

• Wolves are in talks to reappoint Nuno Espirito Santo as manager after the departure of Bruno Lage, according to The Athletic.

• Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl has confirmed that Joe Shields is leaving the club to take over as director of recruitment at Chelsea. He was there just two months!

Last edited:
Five and a half years since we've lost a home league game in front of a crowd. Bound to lose that record sooner rather than later.

i seem to recall Ibou took a knock in the last game. He did continue, hope all is well with him and he just trained elsewhere for some reason

Edit; he may of been in the loo for photos ..hope so 😀

Think it could be down to him getting more time off after coming back from a lenghty injury. Quite normal, so I hope its recovery.

------Elliott---Fabinho--Thiago--
------------Salah------Jota-------------

Trying to find the right mix of a solid platform, a side that can compete in the middle, maintain possession, and can damage them on the counter.

I think we'll likely get fucked in the midfield and be scrambling for a lot of the game.
I like this a lot - but with Nunez instead of Jota (Nunez is scoring and Jota hasn't scored since April I think)? We also need a strong fast striker to hold it up and bring others into play, Nunez is better at that and also aerially we will be very strong at corners with VvD, Konate and Nunez.
Also Elliott may not get the chance to run through the midfield/defence as he did against Rangers and so I'd start Hendo there.

------Hendo---Fabinho--Thiago--
------------Salah------Nunez-------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom